Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter

Choose Your Fandom

SDCC Exclusive Jurassic World Poster Revealed! (Updated with Alternative Design)

Written By Chris Picard on 2014-07-21 11:45:54

Jurassic World director, Colin Trevorrow has just tweeted an image of an exclusive Jurassic World poster which will be available to a "resourceful few" at San Diego Comic-Con which kicks off this week. The poster itself shows a Velociraptor perched on top of a rusted out Jurassic Park SUV, the same one from Jurassic Park, which fell down the tree when Alan Grant attempted to rescue Tim after it had been thrown off the side of the Tyrannosaur Paddock, by the Rex herself. In the background you can see helicopters and cranes rebuilding the park, which will now be known as "Jurassic World". Check out the new poster below and let us know what you think in the comments section!

The poster looks fantastic, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for one while I'm at Comic-Con this week. Let us know your thoughts below!

UPDATE: An alternative variant to the poster above by Mark Englert has also been revealed on his website and will be released online. Apparently only 100 copies will be supplied. Check out the online variant below:

Jurassic World movie news, trailers and cast

Jurassic World

June 12th, 2015 Latest Trailer

Film by Colin Trevorrow

/5 Based on User Reviews

Submit Your Own Review

View Full Movie Page | Watch All Trailers

Official Plot Synopsis for Jurassic World:

Jurassic World is a sci-fi terror adventure film set 22 years after the events of the first Jurassic Park movie. When a terrifying new hybrid Dinosaur breaks free from its compound, the park is sprung into chaos and visitors must fight for their survival, or face extinction.

Steven Spielberg returns to executive produce the long-awaited next installment of his groundbreaking Jurassic Park series, Jurassic World.  Colin Trevorrow directs the epic action-adventure from a screenplay he wrote with Derek Connolly.  Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley join the team as producers.

Directed by Colin Trevorrow, written by Colin Trevorrow & Derek Connolly and starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jake Johnson, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, Jason Schwartzman, Omar SY, Irrfan Khan, BD Wong, Judy Greer, Katie McGrath, Lauren Lapkus, Jurassic World hit theaters June 12th, 2015.

For the latest news and updates on Jurassic World and its cast, characters and plot synopsis, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

Keywords: Jurassic World, Jurassic Park 4, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Movie, News, Dinosaurs, T-rex, Indominus Rex, Velociraptor, Spinosaurus, Chris Pratt, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson, Bryce Dallas Howard, Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly, Universal Pictures, Film, 2015, Trailers, Images, Posters

If you would like to contribute to this site and write articles for Jurassic World, get in touch with the site owner!

Member Comments

JRR

Jul-21-2014 12:29 PM

this only mekes me think on my theory that the Wild dinosaurs cause all the havock realising drex

Rex Fan 684

Jul-21-2014 12:38 PM

Nice poster!

Tim Adler

Jul-21-2014 12:40 PM

This Poster alone is better than The Lost World AND Jurassic Park 3 combined.. I believe this is the Sequel we deserved the first time..

Jhawkins1987

Jul-21-2014 1:04 PM

@catzilla

thts a great idea. I never thought of that. I dunno how theyd do it . But it makes perfect sense for it to interupt a working park. Maybe the fence isnt to keep the animals in but to keep the rogue ones out!

Just had a visualisation of the raptors breaking in and causing loads of havock!

Impressed great theory

dinoboy22

Jul-21-2014 1:10 PM

holy crap that might mean the old rex might return. thats awesome!

Jhawkins1987

Jul-21-2014 1:29 PM

I dont wanna jynx it but this could be the best film of them all

if this is going to be another franchise like a trilogy, would be great to have a cliff hanger for the next. I love not knowing !!!

TheDinosaurMan

Jul-21-2014 2:46 PM

There's a second version of the poster as well at night. I also notice the Helicopters are carrying Dinosaurs. Triceratops in the first one, and a Stegosaurus in the second one. http://www.tacobelvedere.com/2014/07/jurassic-world.html

TheDinosaurMan

Jul-21-2014 2:47 PM

PhoenixJape

Jul-21-2014 3:10 PM

I love the idea of wild dinosaurs outside of the park. Hope they go that route. If the original Rex makes a return, I will cry. Literally cry.

dinoboy22

Jul-21-2014 3:31 PM

maybe my idea of them capturing the old dinosaurs is correct. theres seems to be two helicopters bringing some in

Jezza

Jul-21-2014 4:49 PM

I like it.

Sci-Fi King25

Jul-21-2014 6:11 PM

Interesting...Wait, so the new park won't be called Jurassic World?

Great Leonopteryx

Jul-21-2014 7:17 PM

Cool

Tim Adler

Jul-21-2014 8:33 PM

If the Park isn't called "Jurassic World", then are the Brochures not Legit? Something doesn't add up..

dinoboy22

Jul-21-2014 9:10 PM

wait why are you saying its not jurassic world?

MuldoonLives

Jul-21-2014 9:49 PM

It could be a secret facility of some sort..like Isla Sorna was in TLW novel where it explains the dark side of Hammond's park, a kind of production facility. That's all I can think of, sadly.

MuldoonLives

Jul-21-2014 9:52 PM

The eggs are a great touch too in the land cruiser, I'm really diggin' the day/night posters a lot.

ozwally

Jul-21-2014 11:05 PM

Posters look absolutely brilliant, I love the combination of old and new with the land cruiser!

Wondering about the comment on the park not being called Jurassic World, perhaps Jurassic World actually refers to an ecosystem on the park of wild dinosaurs? Perhaps they havnt been able to capture them all as the poster hints at with the raptor eggs? I like comments above about wild dino's causing havoc, and the permiter fence being used to keep something from entering the park, rather than escaping it - that would be a good twist!

Also maybe it explains why park maps so far seem quite sparse of attractions, perhaps theres alot of wilderness for these wild dino's to exist in

fromholland

Jul-22-2014 3:39 AM

It's now obvious there will be wild dinosaurs, look at the brochure again and you will see a kind of gold line crossing the island. I think that line seperates the park from the wild dinosaurs.

fromholland

Jul-22-2014 3:43 AM

Also if you look at the brochure again, at the point where the golden line is, one side is full of dark green trees, that's where the wild dinosaurs are living.

ozwally

Jul-22-2014 5:00 AM

Good spot fromholland, i didnt actually notice that, and I do agree with what you suggest. Possibly a perimeter fence? Looking at some old maps from JP1, it looks like part if not all of the old rex paddock is included on the "wild side"

ozwally

Jul-22-2014 5:03 AM

sorry, hit enter abit early, anyhow. Showing the raptor from the rex paddock in the poster seems to make sense that this would be the wild side, with the raptor looking at the new visitor centre

Dino Master X

Jul-22-2014 6:40 AM

Like the poster, wish i could slap it on my wall right now, but that one statement about the place that will not be called Jurassic World confuses me. At first I thought he made a typo and he meant "that will be NOW be called Jurassic World...". But now looking at my key-board I see the 'W' and the 'T' keys are a little far away from each other to accidently slip your fingure and hit the 'T'. =/

Rex Fan 684

Jul-22-2014 7:12 AM

I like the update too!

Peter Zanetti

Jul-22-2014 10:16 AM

OMG I can't describe how amazing this poster is.

I also love the thought that the wild Raptors could be there. Reminds me so much of the JP novel, where they have this big sophisticated-for-the-80s park with dinosaurs, and have no idea they have over 30 Velociraptors roaming free wherever they please on the island.

If this plot line could factor in, it would be lights out amazing. I think it very likely that Raptors would be the only wild dinosaurs....any others would have been easy to capture/discover. But the Raptors could have been extremely proliforous, eluding capture all that time. But they know they are there, so they fence them out. Until some people stumble across their terriroty and inadventernly give them a way in...

Rex Fan 684

Jul-22-2014 10:42 AM

You know, in this new lighting, the raptor looks very thin. Like it's been struggling to survive on the island. Perhaps he, and the other wild dinosaurs, sees the new park as a new food source ;)

Just a thought.

Gojira2K

Jul-22-2014 11:47 AM

This is awesome! Finally a Jurassic World poster! And it is beautiful!

Jhawkins1987

Jul-22-2014 4:31 PM

I dont know how u saw the tric in the other chopper. I can see the steg but the other is like a smudge haha very good eyesight.

But anyway pic is awesome. And us lot talking all about the rogue animals on the outside+ the analysis of the map by a few of u, this has Made this proper exciting !

Something Real

Jul-22-2014 7:55 PM

WOW! That's extremely compelling imagery! I wonder if the island has a slight, um, "wild animal" problem? Maybe workers go "missing" every now and again... ;)

mortael

Jul-23-2014 8:04 AM

Here is a close-up of the chopper with the tric, found on the website in the article jurassic-world-FINAL-DETAIL-02.jpg

Jhawkins1987

Jul-27-2014 8:53 AM

@mortael

ah well done . I can see the tric now :) from distance it looked like a steg and its plates. But thats a great close up.

victor_the_velociraptor

Jul-28-2014 1:17 AM

GUYZ!!! I THINK IVE FOUND ANOTHER SECRET TO THE MOVIE!!! ok, i was looking at the brochure until i came across the photo that shows a list of dinos, and then it hit me, what if the dinos on that brochure are also dinos that will be shown in the movie!

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Other Comments

Jurassic World News provides fans with the latest plot updates, trailer releases and scoops surrounding Jurassic World as well as the film's release dates, cast and characters. Providing not only official updates but also every scoop and rumor involving Jurassic World, fans of the franchise get the broadest coverage while avoiding unwanted spoilers. Fans can also take part in our thriving online Jurassic World forum, where thousands of other Jurassic World fans discuss, analyze and engage with one another about the upcoming film as well as previous instalments. Being a part of Scified, this Jurassic World site is also linked to the Jurassic World movie page which also chronicles all updates, cast additions, plot synopsis reveals and every single available trailer and video!

Have a scoop you want you share regarding Jurassic World? Send us an e-mail to [email protected] or share it in the Jurassic World forum for thousands of other fans to see!

This article was submitted by one of Scified's volunteer contributors. Every contributor must agree and abide the Scified Site User Agreement. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for removal requests.

Welcome Zyndrec to Scified!
Welcome M.Taaha to Scified!
Welcome LVIVIIVI to Scified!
Welcome stalkerareeverywhere to Scified!
Welcome TR-8R to Scified!
Welcome Mr.howdy to Scified!
Welcome peggy to Scified!
Welcome Cucallan to Scified!
Welcome Zilla.98 to Scified!
Welcome Conqrix42 to Scified!

Test Your Movie Trivia Knowledge!

Post an Editorial

Write an Editorial

Ideal if you're sharing news, an opinion piece or a large write-up!

Start a Discussion!

Start a Discussion

Ideal if you're asking a question or sharing a smaller write-up!

Rate and Review a Movie!

Rate & Review a Movie

If you want to review a movie, click here instead of starting a topic about your review!

Upload an image or artwork!

Upload an Image or Artwork

Upload screenshots, posters, wallpaper and even your own artwork directly to Scified!

*If a gallery doesn't exist for the image(s) or artwork you're trying to upload, please let a member of staff know and we'll get one created for you!

Please note: If you're new to Scified, any new content you submit may need to be approved by a member of our moderating team before it's displayed publicly. This helps us limit duplicate posts and prevent spammers from taking advantage of our network. Once you've made a certain number of good posts, you won't require approval for future submissions.

Open Chat

Chat

Author

VirtualVel I just accessed my profile and my name under my profile picture seems to be off center.

Feb-10-2016 5:53 PM

Author

Chris Picard Hey Lone, thanks for the heads up, can you PM me with more details? Thanks!

Feb-10-2016 11:20 AM

Author

Lone When trying to edit or post on my site, I get error logged out!

Feb-09-2016 2:26 PM

Author

Lone Thanks Chris, looking good!

Feb-09-2016 12:11 PM

Author

Lone Speedy SCIFIED loads in a second! :)

Feb-09-2016 12:10 PM

Author

Chris Picard @Everyone, you all should notice Scified loads a lot faster with thenew updates now live!

Feb-08-2016 9:26 PM

Chris Picard PM sent

Feb-08-2016 9:26 PM

Svanya Chris, I can't post on my Indie blog, could you help please.Thanks

Feb-08-2016 7:37 PM

Author

Chris Picard @Sci-Fi king, send me an email to info[at]scified.com. We'll get this sorted for you!

Feb-07-2016 10:57 AM

Author

**Al** second morning vocal test

Feb-07-2016 10:44 AM

Author

**Al** morning vocal test....

Feb-07-2016 10:43 AM

VirtualVel Test.

Feb-07-2016 9:58 AM

Author

VirtualVel This is pretty cool. If I find any problems I'll be sure to report them :).

Feb-07-2016 9:58 AM

Author

Sci-Fi King25 @Chris Picard, Enabled javascript, still can't post anywhere but here

Feb-07-2016 8:34 AM