Firstly we recommend that you take this news with a big pinch, nay a whole sack of salt, due to the nature of and the content of the post... A poster on the movie news site MoviePilot calling himself the AnonymousMan (???) has posted what they they claim to be details from Zack Snyders 2016 sequel to last years Man of Steel, the superhero faceoff movie known (so far) as Batman vs Superman. Heres what was posted...
- BatFleck will be 40 years old, retired.
- The Batsuit and Batmobile are A...MA...ZING!!!!
- Except for several details, the events that took place in the NolanVerse are going to be Canon. Thalia's involvement in the events of TDKR will not be canon, the supposed death of Bane is also not canon. Other small details are made non-canon.
- After the events of TDKR, BatFleck retired to rebuild Gotham as Bruce Wayne. Robin (in the TDKR but not played by JGL) becomes his first protege as NightWing. There is a 7-year time period between the event in the TDKR and MoS. So, BatFleck has been retired for 7 years.
- During this time, knowing that crime needs to be dealt with, BatFleck constituted the BatFamily: NightWing, BatWing, BatGirl, RedRobin and Robin. The latter died at the hand of The Joker who escaped during the TDKR's event but then reappeared. As a way of getting BatFleck's attention, the Joker devised a plan to attack one of his proteges. He targeted the youngest and less experienced one - Robin. He killed him and BatFleck has been blaming himself day and night for it, this sets up a Batman: Under The Red Hood solo movie.
- In addition to his [Bat Family], BatFleck has launched a bunch of BatDrones & BatAndroids ("[Bat Army]") Bruce Wayne is one of the most influential man on the planet due to his rebuilding agenda in Gotham, and the rise of Wayne Enterprises.
- Gotham City is basically led by [Bruce Wayne & Wayne Enterprises] by day and the [Bat Family] & [Bat Army] by night. Bruce Wayne has to find time to manage both sides. And, he does. There have been speculation that Bruce Wayne is an ally of the Batman. Bruce admits that he's been "financing" the Batman. But, he says he's never actually met the Batman. He argues that the Batman is making Gotham City a safer place. He argues that without the Batman, Gotham would have been destroyed. This is, of course, the general consensus in the populace. Hence, the fact that he's siding with Batman does not really raise any concerns.
- After the TDKR's event and before MoS, Gotham city is internationally known as the Batman's City. The Batman became an international Legend, the Bat symbol is now viewed as a symbol of Justice, Defiance, and Courage. People are increasingly believing that BatFleck's still alive and kicking...watching over Gotham as a guardian angel. The authorities don't like this, they don't like how the mythos of this vigilante is making them look like a bunch of P****. They would like to put a stop to the [Bat Family] and the [Bat Army]. In other words, the Batman is an embarrassment to them, he's a problem.
- BatFleck is concerned by the events of MoS. Bane's terror in Gotham is still fresh in his memory; the reconstruction of Gotham is not completely done. Everyone saw what this alien is capable of. BatFleck is the world's greatest Detective and Prep. Expert; he decides to research every single details there is to know about Kal-El.
- Bruce Wayne wants to get involved with the reconstruction of Metropolis. This means that Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp have to work together. He's not thrilled about it but it's for the greater good.
Looking through the list many will get the feeling that the list is not fact, but rather a fans wishlist. Lets look through the list; 1. is a given and common knowledge, 2. We hope so, 3. sounds confused (either the Nolan verse is or isnt canon, you cant pick and choose) and is contradictory to what we have heard from Zack Snyder, 4. Again, Snyder has said that his Batman is not Nolan's Batman, 5. reads very much like a wishlist, 6. the bat drones have already been mentioned, 7. again, sounds wishlisty, 8. once again Snyder has clearly stated Nolans films are not canon to Man of Steel, 9. minus the bane reference (we've already covered that, repeatedly - roll eyes), it is most likely that Bruce Wayne has uncovered Kal-El's human persona, 10. this final one is a given and blatantly obvious.
So, yeah, take with a big sack of salt!
Also courtesy of ComicBookResources we have more pics from on the filming of Gotham; this time featuring Detectives James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and a closer look at the newspaper held by Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) from the pics we showed earlier, which reveals, most likely, the ending of the pilot episode...
Treat Yourself to Sci-Fi Swag!
We've partnered with the folks at TeePublic to give fans the opportunity to support one another and express their interests by owning customized, unique merchandise based on their favorite science fiction franchises! Designs are created by fans and a portion of proceeds from each sale go to supporting the artists and their work! Check out the entire store and see if anything gets your attention!