It’s no secret to anyone here that I am rather fond of the Nostromo’s resident mouser. After all, the cunning little life-form managed to survive the Alien, then manoeuvre his escape with the help of Ellen Ripley!
Jonesy watches after he has lured Brett to his bloody death
I think Jonesy fully deserves to return in Neil Blombkamp’s Alien movie, even if it’s only a small cameo, as in ALIENS. Mind you, I would love to see him in an expanded role, causing havoc. Think of the possibilities. He already has built in stealth and night vision capabilities, sharp teeth and claws akin to steel. Let's not forget his negotiating skills....who else could have made a deal with such a hostile alien organism?
Jonesy using mind-control tactics on the Alien
Suited up with a mini-lasercannon, he could come to the aide of his human slave-victims. I say slave-victims, because anyone who shares their home, (or spaceship) with a moggie, knows full well that their function is one of subservience and obedience, to a superior lifeform with mind-control abilities, who takes on the guise of a cute, cuddly furball!
So people of Scified, what say you? Should the intrepid and audacious Jonesy return?
Sounds good but this timeHe must be as big as a Siberian tiger with alien like strength and agililty like ripley got upgraded so why not jonessy ??
Wow what would an alien Cat hybrid look like ??
Yes I what like to see him return !!
Oh Yeah, a Weyland Corps genetically modified Jonesy clone!
Rock on Odu! :)
sweet , cool idea there Ms LONE ,,,and BTW ,,I always read your post ....:)
KEEP ROCK`N GIRL
lone you a girl ?? Sweet !!!
- During the scene when the Alien descended down to Brett from behind, to get Jonesy to react fearfully to the descending Alien a German Shepherd was placed in front of Jonesy so it would react fearfully to the descending Alien. A screen was placed between the two, so the cat wouldn't see it at first, and came over. The screen was then suddenly removed to make Jonesy stop, and start hissing.
- Jonesy has been referenced several times in the Halo universe, a series of games by video game developer Bungie.
- Jonesy has been referenced in World of Warcraft and can be found in Dalaran in the The Legerdemain inn resting comfortably on a ledge as you go up the stairs to the second floor.
- Since a different cat was used for the sequel (given the prolonged time during the filming of the two films), Jonesy appears to be skinnier in the sequel than in the original film.
- Since he was in cryostasis for the past 57 years, Jonesy is probably the cat with the longest lifespan in the history, being around 60 years old when Ripley left him.
NCC!!!!! Aww thanks, good to hear from you! XD
@Odu...Haha yes I am a girl, or more accurately a woman! XD
My favourite Jonesy is the cat who hissed at the German Shephard and witnessed Brett's death, he is just so cute!
Yes, he is probably the most famous cat in the Sci-fi Universe. :)
F*** him, he got me killed.
Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
Hahaha and all because you never fed him!
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!