Sigourney Weaver to Transform in 'Avatar' Sequels

Sigourney Weaver to Transform in 'Avatar' Sequels

Scified2014-05-11 13:09:32https://www.scified.com/sites_pics/3705765625651983.jpg

As we all know James Cameron is currently busy in pre-production for three more Avatar films. Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Stephen Lang, as reported already, will be back to step in Pandora. And now Sigourney Weaver, Dr. Augustine in the first film, just confirmed with Vulture that she will be part of, not one sequel, but all three sequels. She didn't talk in detail about her character, but she said that her character will be different in each Avatar sequel, which is interesting.

Here is what she said in her own words:

"It's going to be an adventure! It will be awesome. I can't even imagine what I am taking on -  and what James Cameron is taking on - with filming three AVATARs at once, but ... Peter Jackson did it with the HOBBIT films, so we have that to look to. It will be challenging for me. I can't talk about it, but my part is a little different in each one. I'll transform somewhat. We'll have to talk again when I survive this. For now, I'm going to skittle around and enjoy this leisure time."

Source: Vulture

Avatar 2  movie news, trailers and cast

Avatar 2 December, 2018

More about Avatar 2 (movie)

TBC

Directed by James Cameron, Avatar 2 's release date is December, 2018.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Avatar 2 by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Avatar Movie News blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Written by RohanPublished on 2014-05-11 13:09:32
Related Avatar Movie News Articles
8 Fan responses to Sigourney Weaver to Transform in 'Avatar' Sequels

x_paden_x

NoobMember0 XPMay-11-2014 3:38 PM

"Skittle around"

Wut?

Major Noob

NoobMember0 XPMay-11-2014 5:49 PM

That's a Ripley line! " It uses the ducts to skittle around..."

Major Noob

NoobMember0 XPMay-11-2014 5:50 PM

Right?

Major Noob

NoobMember0 XPMay-11-2014 5:53 PM

" WHAT uses the ducts to skittle around, Lieutenant Ripley?"

" You know. The Dickhead."

Major Noob

NoobMember0 XPMay-11-2014 6:01 PM

oops. This a an Avatar forum. Sorry, James!

Something Real

LegendMember5639 XPMay-11-2014 10:49 PMThis is fantastic! I've always loved Miss Weaver; she's been one of my heroes since I was young! I can't wait to see her in the next installation of the Avatar series! :)

Lone

2KMember2674 XPMay-12-2014 11:02 AM

@Major Noob...Hahaha in your language The Dickhead = Morb!! :)

Sadly decent roles can be thin on the ground for older actresses, the good thing about Sci-fi is that they can remain immortal!

I've admired Sigourney ever since ALIEN. It was James Cameron who developed Ripley's character and of course shifted the emphasis away from the Morb/Alien, hence the franchise became Ripley's story. Whilst I have mixed feelings about that, all credit to Sigourney and her portrayal of the iconic Ripley!

It's fitting that she continue her role in Cameron's Avatar Universe.

Major Noob

NoobMember0 XPMay-12-2014 2:00 PM

Ha ha Lone that's actually something Necronom4 called the Morb awhile back, it's just so funny! I do want to apologize for the profanity, though, I was being mischievous at the thread's expense.

Its sacrilege I know but I was never on board with Sigourney after the first Alien. She IS the face of Alien ( the human face, ha ha) and really, who else would you have in the sequels? But I could just never connect with her character, any of them really, except for maybe Kane and Ash. The trouble of course is the Alien franchise sort of marked her, you can't look at her without thinking "Ripley". At least I can't. But that's not her fault and I'm glad she has such a busy time ahead!

BigDave
BigDave
Legend
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman)
GG
GG
New Ant-Man Trailer Packs A Punch! just surpassed 1,000 views!
hox replied to PARADISE LOST