Sara Douglas miniature and lifecast from Superman 2

Scified.com
News
Scified2013-12-23 18:23:49https://www.scified.com/sites/img/1915391815819500.jpg

I bought these as a lot from The prop Store of London.There was actually quite a few items in it.

The lot was articles and props used for the character of Ursa for Superman and Superman 2.

There's a lifecast of Sara Douglas along with an unfinished flying Ursa miniature. A studio photograph(not a print)with studio notes on the back and several studio documents.

This has to be one of my favorite collections in my collections.Someday I hope to meet Mrs.Douglas and ask her to sign the lifecast :)

This is a scan of the studio photo that came with the lot.

s

This is the reverse side of the photo.

z

The flying miniature.

z

z

The lifecast.

z

z

Included was an unfinished plaster head of Ursa.

s

z

d

s

Written by djrees56Published on 2013-12-23 18:23:49
8 Comments

djrees56

NoobMember10 XPDec-23-2013 6:36 PM

Where it all sits in one of my glass cabinets :)

z

2KAdmin4335 XPDec-30-2013 9:06 PM

I hope you have some excellent fire protection and insurance in your home, you have SO MUCH memorabila omg. I love it@!!!

Sawa

NoobMember4 XPJan-02-2014 1:48 PM

Sawa

NoobMember4 XPJan-02-2014 2:02 PM

On the woman, URSA, whose perversions and unreasoning hatred of all mankind have threatened even the children of the planet Krypton.

Thanks djrees.

Sawa;)

djrees56

NoobMember10 XPJan-02-2014 11:50 PM

@ Svanya I actually do have extra insurance on my collectables. Most home policies have something called a "rider" that you can use for extra things.I'll have to do a post sometime about it :)

@ Sawa,are those your storyboards,there Awesome!!

Hope you both had a great New Year :)

Sawa

NoobMember4 XPJan-05-2014 7:55 PM

Sawa

NoobMember4 XPJan-05-2014 8:03 PM
Sarah Douglas:

Dana(Gillespie) is a girl with very large splendid breasts. She tested for the role of Ursa, but they couldn’t lift her off the ground.

Originally, Richard Donner wanted Ursa to be asexual, no sex appeal at all.  I thought that was ridiculous; I felt she should appeal to kids and dads, even goats for that matter. Lester (Donner's replacement) had Ursa’s costume redesigned and gave her back her cleavage.

Times have changed in the last thirty years and somehow I don't imagine that Faora had a mink lined bra to keep her warm on those cold, icy nights on the back lot. With the Ursa costume there wasn't much opportunity to wear anything to keep you warm under that organza costume with all those slits revealing skin everywhere. Many will have heard me proclaim that I had the ' hottest pair in the business' and did she have her own personal nose wiper with a forty foot pole with a tissue on the end? I don't think so! Supervillains don't carry tissues and I can tell you that hanging upside down all day on the end of a wire was often a miserable experience, especially with a cold. But this was a big budget movie and so I got my own nose wiper. It didn’t stop there though. Bert just dealt with nasal passages but a lovely lady called Sara dealt with the delicate problem of my toilet. Long, false Ursa nails were a big problem when it came to trying to get out of my costume to go to the loo. Too many false nails were falling down the toilet and holding up production whilst they were replaced. Sara had the thankless task of pulling my knickers down whenever I asked...that's actually poetic licence, Sara just undid my costume for me...Ursa didn't wear underwear!

Jon Pertwee was MY doctor and I can see him so very clearly in my mind’s eye. I also remember being on tour with him in ‘Don’t Just Lie There Say Something.’ He WAS or rather had been the Doctor even though he really wanted people to recognise him as Worzel Gummidge. To be out and about with him was to be in the shadow of somebody very recognisable to the masses but even better was to sit up in bed with him in front of a full house with only my hands to protect my modesty and here some teenager in the audience exclaim…ooohh Doctor… priceless. Got to love a British farce.

No, I don't collect hardcopies, the bit n' byte copy is enough for me.
Thanks Dale.
Sawa:)

djrees56

NoobMember10 XPJan-07-2014 10:40 PM

Thanks for posting this Sawa.Great pics too :)