The main series of Resident Evil continues with Village. We provide you with all the information available about Resident Evil 8.
With Village appears the next part of the main series of Resident Evil. While only a few trailers and information bits about Village could be found in the last few months, Capcom is now providing more and more information as well as real gameplay for the new game.
In the following article we provide you with the most important information about Resident Evil 8: When you can pre-order, what editions are available and what the return of Chris Redfield and the villain Lady Dimitrescu is all about.
Village: The most important information about Resident Evil 8
Release date: When will Village be released?
Resident Evil 8 will be released on May 7, 2021. The pre-order phase should actually start with the announcement by the Resident Evil Showcase, but Village is currently not yet available. We will inform you as soon as the game can be pre-ordered.
Platforms: What is Resident Evil 8 playable on?
Resident Evil 8 will be released for the PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - at the same time on May 7, 2021. According to the latest information, a release for the Nintendo Switch is not planned.
Next-gen upgrades possible: Owners of a PS4 version can upgrade to the PS5 version free of charge. Owners of an Xbox One version get access to the version for Xbox Series X via Smart Delivery.
Storage space: How much free GB does your hard drive need?
At the beginning of March 2021, the first information about the memory size of Resident Evil: Village came out of the official Microsoft Store: According to this, part 8 of the horror series should take up around 50 GB of storage space - although this information relates primarily to Xbox Series X or Xbox One.
Deviations - if not too serious - can be expected for the PC, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions. As soon as there is more information about this, we will of course keep you up to date.
Editions and pre-order bonuses
Resident Evil 8: Village is getting three other variants in addition to the standard version. The pre-order bonuses include a Mr. Raccoon Weapon Charm as well as a survival resource package, which will make the first hours of the game easier for you.
Deluxe Edition "Trauma Pack"
- Safe room music
- Mr. Everywhere character
- Filter: Found Footage RE7
- Additional level of difficulty
- Save Device
- Weapon: Albert01 Chris
- The Tragedy of Ethan Winters
- Code for the trauma pack upgrade
- Steel book
- Box for all contents of the Collector's Edition
- Character of Chris Redfield
Resident Evil Village & Resident Evil 7 Complete Bundle
- Contains the full versions of Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 8
While waiting for the release of the game you may want to check out Betting Sites.
Demo: Can I play Village before the release?
Before the release of Resident Evil 8 on May 7, 2021, two different demos are planned:
Demo exclusively for PlayStation 5
- Release: after technical problems on January 22nd, 2021
- Content: In the role of the so-called Maiden we try to escape from the dungeon of the castle of Resident Evil 8. However, you cannot use the combat system of Village. Rather, the demo is supposed to capture the graphics, sound design and atmosphere of the final game.
Demos for all platforms (PC and consoles)
- Release: May 2, 2021
- Only available for a short time! The second Resident Evil 8 demo will only be available for a 24-hour period on May 2nd. If you want to play in advance, you have to hold on to this date.
- Content: In the second demo for Village we are allowed to explore parts of the castle and the village of Resident Evil 8 within 60 minutes. In contrast to the Maiden demo, this means that we are presented with a "correct" part of the finished game.
Story: What is Resident Evil 8 about?
We know that officially so far Resident Evil Village takes place several years after the events of Part 7 and is more or less directly linked to the events of the predecessor. In what is now the eighth game in the main series, we slip into the role of Ethan Winters again. As this one we end up in the eponymous village of Resident Evil 8, as well as the castle from previous trailers, which towers above it.
We now also know why Ethan went to this expansive place: Ethan has a child with his wife Mia. But one evening their home is attacked by a group of masked soldiers led by Chris Redfield. Chris apparently murdered Mia and kidnapped Ethan's daughter, while the former hero of the Resident Evil series is presented to us as the villain.
Ethan is probably following Chris' heels and is following the trail of his daughter in the eponymous village of Resident Evil 8: Village. We learn that the rulers of the castle are experimenting with biological weapons themselves and are targeting the Winters child and Ethan himself.
It remains to be seen whether Chris will team up with these villains or Ethan will simply get caught between the fronts of two factions. The first trailer for the game left a lot of questions unanswered in this regard.