The much delayed Batman: Akham Knight seems to have dropped off many peoples radars lately, taking a back seat to the plethora of superhero and science fiction movie news that has been swamping our network lately, but despite having to wait seven months to play the game, this newly released gameplay trailer really shows off the epic action and awesome graphics, for what looks set to be the best, and last game in the series...
Though looking a little Tumbler-ish the new Batmobile defintely looks like a worthwile addition to the gameplay of the Arkham games; allowing players to leap over previously impassable chasms and to launch Batman high into the skies over Gotham City, seemlessly flowing into the series' well oiled gliding mechanics. The fighting mechanics also look to have been improved, fine tuned and expanded upon with more variety in the moves and more environmental attacks included.
But arguably the best part of the trailer is our new villain, and his mysterious identity; just who is the Arkham Knight? Hugo Stranges voice can be heard when our two knights go face to face (0:19), or more aptly Batmobile to Helicopter near the start of the trailer, but Strange is obviously radioing the Arkham Knight in some employer-esque capacity. Later when the two Knights come face to face for real we briefly hear the Arkham Knights somewhat young sounding voice (1:34), and together with the following scenes from the above trailer and a few Arkham game facts, it could be possible Scified Heroes has uncovered the Arkham Knights identity...
- In Arkham City Hugo Strange was employed by Ra's al Ghul to use the city-wide prison as a means of cleansing Gotham City, as has always been Ghul's plan, as also seen in Christopher Nolans' Batman Begins.
- The return of Hugo Strange in Arkham Knight, coupled with the disappearance of Ra's al Ghul's supposedly dead body in Arkham City suggest the two's plans for Arkham and Gotham are far from complete.
- Hugo stranges private army in Arkham City look very similar to the soldiers seen in Arkham Knight.
- The suited, sword weilding ninja's in the above trailer (2:40) look very similar to those seen in both Arkham City and Arkham Origins, both of which were of the League of Shadows/Assassins, Ra's al Ghul's personal group of assassins.
- In Arkham City, Talia Al Ghul was introduced, showing that she and Batman have already shared some capacity of a romantic relationship.
- The allusion to Scarecrow's fear toxin (0:51) suggests some similarity to Christopher Nolan's aforementioned first Batman movie; and possible the similarity is deeper, with Scarecrow possibly under the employ of Ra's al Ghul.
Looking at what we know so far and what we can speculate, as shown above, Scified Heroes believes that the Arkham Knight is none other than Damian Wayne; Bruce Wayne's and Talia al Ghul's son, likely raised without Bruce's knowledge of his existence, and likely taught in the ways of the League of Shadows/Assassins and highly likely raised with a deep-seated hatred for his absent father.
Then again we could be wrong!