Some hefty details on Independence Day 2's plot synopsis and character information has potentially leaked online! Not to much surprise, the film will be set roughly 20 years after the events of the first movie, but with many of the young characters from the first film now grown up to face a second wave of Alien invaders. Film Divider managed to score these potential facts and we've highlighted them below for you. The points don't really risk spoiling any aspect of the film's plot secrets, so feel free to read on without worry.
- Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox and Judd Hirsch will be returning to reprise their roles from the original movie
- The film will again focus on "different small groups in their separate, awful situations"
- A younger cast is being recruited to be the new focus of the story
- Patricia Whitmore, the President's daughter is grown up and is dating a "hotshot pilot" and are said to be the focal point of the action throughout this sequel
- Jeff Goldblum will have a new love interest
- Though Will Smith will not be returning, his offspring from the first film may return as adults
- The Alien invaders return as they were in the first film, but face a more advanced Earth defense
- Since the first Independence Day, Humanity has learned from the Alien's technology and have developed new weapons for use against the hostile ETs
Any of the points above could change as the film goes through production and since these points are unconfirmed we urge readers to take the information procided with a grain of salt. Filming for Independence Day 2 is set to begin this summer with a release date of June 24th, 2016.
Source: Film Divider
Independence Day: Resurgence June 24th, 2016
More about Independence Day: Resurgence (movie)
After Independence Day redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global catastrophe on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.
Directed by Roland Emmerich, Independence Day: Resurgence's release date is June 24th, 2016.
Stay up to date with the latest news on Independence Day: Resurgence by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Independence Day Resurgence blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!