ALIENS actor Bill Paxton passes away at age 61

ALIENS actor Bill Paxton passes away at age 61

Scified2017-02-26 08:53:14https://www.scified.com/articles/aliens-actor-bill-paxton-passes-away-at-age-61-85.jpg

Game over man... Truly game over. It is with great sadness we must report the extremely unfortunate passing of a sci-fi movie icon, actor Bill Paxton. Following surgery complications, the talented actor and renowned personality from many of our favorite science fiction movies, Aliens, Terminator, Predator 2, has passed away at the age of 61. His family have released a statement outlining the situation:

It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery.  A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker.  Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable.  We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.

We here at Scified have enjoyed all of Bill Paxton's films and are extremely sad to have lost him. His talent and adoration for entertainment was unmistakable and unforgettable. He brought so much life and charisma to each of his roles, oftentimes outshining some of his leading co-stars. It goes without saying that he will be severely missed.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace, Bill.

Written by ChrisPublished on 2017-02-26 08:53:14
Related Scified Editorials Articles
20 Fan responses to ALIENS actor Bill Paxton passes away at age 61

Centauri

2KMember2267 XPFeb-26-2017 8:54 AM

:( r.i.p  I never saw a bill Paxton movie i didn't like

Dark Nebula

ConversationalistStaff1160 XPFeb-26-2017 8:57 AM

Its really sad that he passed away at 61 :(

R.I.P. Bill,you will be missed.

Dr. Curt Connors

ContributorMember661 XPFeb-26-2017 9:04 AM

Rest in peace Mr. Paxton

Something Real

LegendMember5639 XPFeb-26-2017 9:05 AM

I am left to wonder at his sights and experiences now. To consider him "gone" is flawed. To consider his game "over" is utterly untrue. Do not feel terrible sorrow for Mr. Paxton's physical absence. His game has just begun. :)

I Meme Everything

2KMember4115 XPFeb-26-2017 9:07 AM

^He lives on...In our hearts

S-Rex

NoobMember75 XPFeb-26-2017 9:11 AM

What the ****! I freaking loved this guy! Huge part of my childhood, Twister is one of my ten favorite movies...

This makes two people from the cast of Twister that has died, him and Philip Seymore Hoffman, and their characters in it were my two favorite. Even the old woman who played Meg, Lois Smith, is still alive at almost 90.

Something Real

LegendMember5639 XPFeb-26-2017 9:16 AM

DARTH TYRANT - All things, even the living, dwell within our hearts and minds. However, biological death does not signify the end of existence. We are only the temporary custodians of the matter that composes our physical selves. Like all things in our universal expanse, that matter must eventually change. However, awareness and consciousness are two things that transcend matter - even if they, too, must change. :)

Dark Nebula

ConversationalistStaff1160 XPFeb-26-2017 9:20 AM

I Meme Everything

2KMember4115 XPFeb-26-2017 9:26 AM

^Damn straight boi

KingKaijuGojira

ContributorMember920 XPFeb-26-2017 9:39 AM

R.I.P.

Necronom 4

RespectedMember1566 XPFeb-26-2017 10:17 AM

It's a great shame! I liked Bill Paxton in his various roles and he seemed like a really good guy from what I've seen of him in interviews. May he rest in peace.

Facehuggers

RespectedMember1984 XPFeb-26-2017 10:35 AM

Godspeed Bill Paxton*, you truly were a star.

*Private First Class William L. Hudson

*Terminated Punk Leader

*Jerry Lambert

suwhited

InitiateMember355 XPFeb-26-2017 2:17 PM

all the great movies Mr. Paxton...all the great movies...

You will be missed.

R.I.P

ninXeno426

2KMember3047 XPFeb-26-2017 2:19 PM

I love this man.A very diverse and underappreciated talent.I agree with Centauri,there never was a movie of his i disliked,whether it was Aliens(my all time favorite movie)The Terminator,True Lies,Tombstone,Apollo 13,Weird Science,Edge of Tomorrow,Predator 2,and so many others.I always hoped that there was still room for him in The Alien franchise's future,but that hope has sadly been extinguished.Rest in Peace my dear friend,you will certainly not be forgotten by me.

Facehuggers

RespectedMember1984 XPFeb-26-2017 3:01 PM

Man, he was so awesome in Predator 2!

Xenotaris

2KMember2725 XPFeb-27-2017 5:43 AM

Rest in Peace Private First class Bill Hudson

Kaiju Kong

NoobMember53 XPFeb-27-2017 6:29 AM

Shocking & sad news. He was an awesome actor

dk

LegendMember8212 XPFeb-27-2017 11:16 PM

Mia-

You have such original ideas- almost as original as nin :)

ninXeno426

2KMember3047 XPFeb-27-2017 11:21 PM

Thanks dk.I too couldn't help but notice the similarities.

Centauri

2KMember2267 XPMar-01-2017 11:01 PM

just finished watching titanic, haven't seen it in a while. Its wonderful to see Bill Paxton's performance. ;)

HinikunaGoji
HinikunaGoji
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams
Respected
Monster_Zero
Monster_Zero
Conversationalist
Dark Nebula
Dark Nebula
Conversationalist
sonictiger just cast their vote on the Poll: Favorite sequel
Insane New $2,000 Burning Godzilla Statue just surpassed 10,000 views!
Rodan_88 just joined Team Rodan!

Find the best top 10 casino in Canada!