Topic Possible Godzilla 2014 Plot Spoilers...
Posted Feb-06-2014 11:32 PM
So I was contacted today by someone who will (again) remain anonymous. This individual claims to have received information about the Godzilla (2014) plot from a friend, who apparently works extremely close to the film. Now, before you read onward, please note that since we leaked those trailer concept footage videos, we've been getting even more attention than before and I want everyone reading this to realize that despite the accurate information I was provided from my source in that article, THIS post remains skeptical as the source who provided this info has not been verified and is not the same source as before. So therefore, any info provided must be taken as rumor until official word confirms or denies the claims.
That being said, IF the informaion is correct, then there's a hell of a lot more to Godzilla (2014) than what we originally thought. But agin, I can't stress this enough, take this as speculation and at best, a rumor - this is in no way an official post or newsworthy article.
With that disclaimer out of the way, here we go...
I was provided with three main plot points which could / could not be true. Here they are, copied verbatem from the email:
1. Godzilla is protecting something from humanity. I wasn't told what, but based on what we know, we can assume M.U.T.O. might be involved in it. I was hinted at it being something from the original film. And it's not eggs.
2. Godzilla's atomic breath is present in the film, but there is something different about it. I wasn't told what, though.
3. The M.U.T.O. creatures are apparently old Toho monsters. One such creature I was told seemed similar to Gigan but it's also possible it could be Megalon. (Serizawa in the trailer is by a large hole and Megalon came from underground so I believe Megalon is more likely
Now, before we all start ripping the info apart and debating the possibility of it being legitimate, I will agree that I was under the impression that Legendary only secured the rights to Godzilla and NO other TOHO Monsters for this film. That being said - they could be keeping information hidden from us, to be revealed as a major nod to the fan base when the film comes out.
But again, from the breif snippet of the MUTO we saw in the first trailer, it doesn't really ressemble any old Toho Monsters - except maybe Megaguirus.... maybe
The info to me at first seemed fishy, but you know what, anything is possible. I'm going to refrain from sharing this on our Facebook and Twitter pages right away, as I want to avoid the innevitable complaints of people claiming that this is "news" and not a speculative forum post. Our credibility is constantly being scrutinized and even though the trailer footage leaks I posted did help in that regard, some people still take forum topics as legitimate info. So, for now, I'll leave it as a forum discussion.
Feel free to let me know what you think of this potential info by responding below. Do you think it's BS? Or do you think it could be a small part in Legendary's master plan to re-invent the King of all Monsters?
Let the debating begin...
Posted Feb-06-2014 11:47 PM
Studios lie all the time. "Oh, we couldn't get the rights to this or that." Then 2 months later, there it is in the movie. Godzilla protecting something? Hmm...Odo Island...? That seems really unlikely, but you know. Old Toho monsters...now, are we talking existing or ones that were in the project bin that never got used?
Posted Feb-06-2014 11:54 PM
Interesting. Let me be the first to say "BS"... I would say it further, but I think my language may be a bit too extreme.
"So I was contacted today by someone who will (again) remain anonymous. This individual claims to have received information about the Godzilla (2014) plot from a friend, who apparently works extremely close to the film." really sounds like the "well a friend of mine knows this one guy".. and it really comes across as more of a "get out of jail free" card than sounding like a reason to be considered legit.
That being said, if we take the information at face value...
1. I thought that bit was obvious. I thought Gareth, Cranston, and pretty much everyone sort of said this in their own way over the past several months.
2. That was information provided in the Shocktillyoudrop interview with Gareth Edwards. He said that the atomic breath will be in the film, but he was going to put it in there in a way that didn't come across as super unbelievable.
3. Megalon? No way. Besides that hole looked like it might even be a bit tough for Serizawa to fit through. I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that there won't be any other Toho monsters in this movie. Maybe homage monsters at best.
I agree though, that if they did bring in another Toho monster, something like Megaguirus seems more "logical" than let's say King Ghidorah or Gigan.
Posted Feb-07-2014 2:03 PM
maybe they are pretraying hawaii as odo island in this film and that is godzilla's home as far as him protecting something goes..mmmmmm i would say himself but since it is something from humanity that could be it or even something else. as far as the atomic breath maybe it is a different color or even more devestaing that what it has been in the past. and last but not least old toho monsters... mmm megalon is a possiblity but even kamakiras, kumonga, or even megaguirus dang it why dont they just go ahead and release all the info that we actually need for this film that way we know what we will get but for now im joining in on the "ITS FAKE BANDWAGON ALSO."
http://hugeben.deviantart.com/ check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on [email protected]
Please sign in to reply to this topic!