Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter

Choose Your Fandom

Prometheus 2 Release Date Confirmed! Filming Set to Begin this Fall!

Written By Chris Picard on 2014-03-24 16:18:08

Following last week's prediction that Fox planned to release the sequel to Ridley Scott's Prometheus on March 4th, 2016 comes confirmation via The Wrap who claims insiders have assured them that the release date for Prometheus 2 is in fact true. Not only that, but they also claim that a second writer was also brought on, Michael Green to touch up the screenplay originally penned by Jack Paglen. Michael was originally enlisted to pen the script for Ridley Scott's Blade Runner sequel as well.

Thankfully, in addition to the exciting news of Prometheus 2's official release date, The Wrap's sources also verify that Ridley Scott will in fact return to direct the sequel and not just produce it.

To add even more excitement, potential plot details have also been leaked suggesting that we may see multiple 'David' andoirds, portrayed by Prometheus' spotlight stealer, Michael Fassbender! Here's the exact quote from The Wrap:

“Prometheus” served as an ‘unofficial’ prequel to Scott's seminal 1979 sci-fi movie “Alien,” and the sequel that Green will write aims to be much more “alien-y” and in line with the terrifying tone of past films in the franchise. Additionally, the sequel is expected to feature multiple ‘David’ androids, which means there will be more than one Michael Fassbender on screen at the same time, according to an individual familiar with the project.

Prometheus 2 (possibly named 'Paradise') is finally set for an official release date and filming is set to begin this fall! We at Scified began our journey into the sci-fi news and entertainment business because of Scott's Prometheus back in 2012, so we are more than excited to see the sequel hit theaters in 2 years! Let us know how excited you are for Prometheus 2 by commenting below!

Source: The Wrap via Necronom 4 in the Prometheus forums.

Alien: Covenant movie news, trailers and cast

Alien: Covenant

October 6th 2017 Latest Trailer

Film by Ridley Scott

/5 Not Yet Reviewed

Reviewing for this movie will be available soon

View Full Movie Page | Watch All Trailers

Official Plot Synopsis for Alien: Covenant:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Directed by Ridley Scott, written by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, John Logan and starring Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Alien: Covenant releases October 6th 2017.

For the latest news and updates on Alien: Covenant and its cast, characters and plot synopsis, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

Keywords: Prometheus 2, Movie, Prometheus Sequel, News, Ridley Scott, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Alien, Engineer, Weyland, Plot, Cast, Trailers

If you would like to contribute to this site and write articles for Alien: Covenant, get in touch with the site owner!

Member Comments

Svanya (Lilly Roberts)

Mar-24-2014 4:20 PM

Interesting they chose the same guy who is writing the Blade Runner script

Writer Michael Green to Pen 'Blade Runner' Sequel

pulserifle187

Mar-24-2014 11:40 PM

Whoop! whoop!....That's fantastic news. I'm so glad that ridley's directing the movie too.

oduodu

Mar-25-2014 2:10 AM

That's great news !!
Risley directs !!
That's the big one !!
Does "more alien-y
Mean less engineers
Or more of both ??

But great news !!

Patient Leech

Mar-25-2014 4:18 AM

Hells yeahs!! This is the announcement I've been waiting for!!

But now I wish they'd go ahead and do the third installment. I don't want this series to be halted prematurely.

Oh, I also hope the "multiple Davids" thing is a distraction. That sounds kind of gimmicky. We just need a good, weird and moody adventure type film (ala Lawrence of Arabia) set on the Engineer's home world(s).

Patient Leech

Mar-25-2014 4:18 AM

(sorry double post)

123Engineer

Mar-25-2014 7:00 AM

OMG! Finally we have more information! :-)

I think that Jack Paglen gave that script the mystery and complexity like we will see in Transcendence
and Michael Green will give the script its necessary action like in Green Lantern.
Good News that Michael Green is the writer. I really really hope that Ridley Scott will connect the Blade Runner sequel and the Prometheus sequel.
But I'm sceptical because Ridley Scott wanted in Prometheus to show an android like Roy Batty, when he asked his other members of the team, they thought its a good idea, but however Ridley didn't make it real.
Nearby, he also wanted to show a scene where we see Peter Weyland on his yacht... Too bad that it coudn't be realized....
There are more ideas which make me consider me about earlier ideas. But then with more news and we will speculate more about the sequel...
In the audio commentary of Prometheus Ridley Scott said that the Engineers are pilots... They follow orders. What if they are just kind of robots but they don't know...
Like 'Patient Leech' has already said, we need a adventure film for the sequel. If Prometheus is more 'Alien-y', there won't be any increase like better and bigger like all other sequels, ...
If Prometheus is an epos, like Ridley Scott said, it can't be also an 'Alien-y' film. We've had enough Alien films. What we need are more sci-fi epos'.
If Ridley Scott will be the director of it, I have no worries. All his sci-fi films are epic. He knows what he does and doesn't let his ideas/plans change by the studios.

interface2037

Mar-25-2014 8:58 AM

Nice. How about a directors cut of Prometheus. I would love to see the extended beginning and ending added back in. Plus the deleted Fifield attack. The movements felt more Alien to me.

Membrane

Mar-26-2014 6:25 AM

"alien-y" could mean more of a similar creature in 'Alien' or more of the horror and tension that we feel with 'Alien'.I think Scott and company have spent some time on this site and we may well get a great follow-up to 'Prometheus'.  Two "David" androids, if done well/uniquely, would not be bad.

Marko Vickers

Mar-26-2014 7:27 AM

So excited. Finally some solid news. 2016 is the perfect release date for them to do it perfectly. I imagine the viral campaign will be massive. I like that it will be "alien-y". I think they f-up the first time with Promethues wanting it to be away from Alien (but with same elements, which I didn't get). Made a bit of a mest. They were lucky that visually it was spectacular.

Hope to see some more cool actors attached to this. I feel so so sooo sad Vickers died :( Also, the "more David's" idea I like as long as it doesnt go completely robot-y... like David has taken over everything.

Sainless Steel Rat

Mar-26-2014 6:02 PM

As long as David Lindelof isn't attached as a screenwriter, I'm overjoyed. Such an amazing concept, such a great movie, marred by two absolutely stupid scenes and the omission of the Engineer's conversation with David.

sp_jockey

Mar-26-2014 7:08 PM

@Sainless Steel Rat

Agreed that Prometheus is am amazing concept.

But okay, now I'm curious. which are your "two absolutely stupid scenes"?

Here are two of mine: Stick the electrode in Engineer's dead head, and Millburn petting the snake.

Sawa

Mar-27-2014 5:55 AM

So many Davids and so little ... T I M E

Miss Shaw, you have my sympathies...

I can't wait to see what's behind Mr. Green's door.

Thanks Chris.

Sawa;)

Marko Vickers

Mar-27-2014 10:07 PM

@sp_jockey

3 silly scenes:

1. "look pretty snakey.. ohhh... AAAAHAGAGAAAAGAAAAAAA CRAP" (agree with you)

2. Fifield & Millburn getting lost

3. Vickers runs like a girl. Girls cant run.

Patient Leech

Mar-30-2014 6:43 AM

^ brilliant analysis *rolls eyes*

Ridley had originally said that Prometheus 2 would stray FURTHER away from Alien (even moreso than Prometheus 1) and then Prometheus 3 would bring things back around. So unless they're straying from their original outline, I still expect that. I expect to see/find out more about the Engineers and their home world(s) (which to me still counts as straying away from "Alien").

So yeah, I'm pretty baffled as to what they mean by more "Alien-y." Perhaps Jack Paglen was hired to lay out the framework for the newer mythology and then Michael Green was brought in to make it a bit more scary and creepy (like Alien)? Which would be kind of the opposite to how Prometheus 1 was written (originally as a strict prequel to Alien, then turned into a more expanded mythology). I agree with the line of thought that says we don't need anymore "Alien" movies. They wore those out (if you need a reminder, go watch Resurrection again, lol). We need expanded mythology involving the Engineers! Where and how they live, what their society values, what they worship... the things that Prometheus 1 hinted at!!

fredgarvin

Mar-31-2014 3:52 PM

to Michael Green: great to hear that it will be more 'alien-y'. just what i needed to hear. particulary anything that has to do with that evil black liquid. feel free to to leave out of minimalize the engineers. how about whats her name goes to the engineers home base to see that it has been overrun with alien-y creatures. anyways looking forward to the next release

FREEZE!

Mar-31-2014 7:13 PM

LOL Sawa... perfect

Sawa

Apr-06-2014 9:28 PM

Rainbow-y Nostromo A L I E N Patch (transparent)

Rainbow-y Nostromo A L I E N Patch (black background)

Biggy-thingy sometimes grow in small spaces.

My pleasure Mr. FREEZE!
Sawa;)

Hobie

Apr-10-2014 9:17 PM

Ripley returns?

Time-travel element?

Fast tracked to 2015 release?

Take a look at http://www.latinpost.com/articles/10127/20140406/prometheus-2-rumors-plot-trailer-sigourney-weaver-officially-joins-cast.htm

Earthbound Misfit

Apr-18-2014 3:21 PM

I saw Transcendence this afternoon. Average. With a few annoyingly cliched lines of dialogue that made me grate my teeth. It's another "could have been so much better" movie. I can't say I'm surprised Paglan's efforts on Paradise needed reworking by someone else. That leaves me with quite a feeling of trepidation.

thefacehead

Apr-23-2014 1:13 PM

As long as David Lindlenob is nowhere near the script!!

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Other Comments

Alien: Covenant News provides fans with the latest plot updates, trailer releases and scoops surrounding Alien: Covenant as well as the film's release dates, cast and characters. Providing not only official updates but also every scoop and rumor involving Alien: Covenant, fans of the franchise get the broadest coverage while avoiding unwanted spoilers. Fans can also take part in our thriving online Alien: Covenant forum, where thousands of other Alien: Covenant fans discuss, analyze and engage with one another about the upcoming film as well as previous instalments. Being a part of Scified, this Alien: Covenant site is also linked to the Alien: Covenant movie page which also chronicles all updates, cast additions, plot synopsis reveals and every single available trailer and video!

Have a scoop you want you share regarding Alien: Covenant? Send us an e-mail to [email protected] or share it in the Alien: Covenant forum for thousands of other fans to see!

This article was submitted by one of Scified's volunteer contributors. Every contributor must agree and abide the Scified Site User Agreement. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for removal requests.

Welcome Clarke to Scified!
Welcome satnamwaheguru to Scified!
Welcome Wranwarp to Scified!
Welcome steel monkey to Scified!
Welcome molly2853 to Scified!
Welcome Corey Furman to Scified!
Post an Editorial

Write an Editorial

Ideal if you're sharing news, an opinion piece or a large write-up!

Start a Discussion!

Start a Discussion

Ideal if you're asking a question or sharing a smaller write-up!

Rate and Review a Movie!

Rate & Review a Movie

If you want to review a movie, click here instead of starting a topic about your review!

Upload an image or artwork!

Upload an Image or Artwork

Upload screenshots, posters, wallpaper and even your own artwork directly to Scified!

*If a gallery doesn't exist for the image(s) or artwork you're trying to upload, please let a member of staff know and we'll get one created for you!

Please note: If you're new to Scified, any new content you submit may need to be approved by a member of our moderating team before it's displayed publicly. This helps us limit duplicate posts and prevent spammers from taking advantage of our network. Once you've made a certain number of good posts, you won't require approval for future submissions.

Open Chat

Chat

Author

Chris Picard Hey Sci-Fi King, make sure you have javascript enabled in your browser. If you still have issues, send me a PM!

Feb-06-2016 6:38 PM

Author

Sci-Fi King25 I can type in titles, but not anything else.

Feb-06-2016 5:59 PM

Author

Sci-Fi King25 Apparently this is the only place I can post. I can't enter anything for topics or PMs. The box just disappears.

Feb-06-2016 5:59 PM

Author

Sci-Fi King25 Very slowly geting used to navigating the site with the new format.

Feb-06-2016 5:57 PM

Author

**Al** Guys, any doubt about the site. Do not hesitate in PM me.

Feb-05-2016 9:29 PM

**Al** Hi Sco@bav :) and welcome-

Feb-04-2016 6:11 PM

Author

Huge-Ben (Sees others have cracked their necks.) Hmm..."cracks neck "..........

Feb-04-2016 5:48 PM

Sco@bav11 hyy

Feb-04-2016 4:25 AM

Author

Something Real CHRIS PICARD - That sounds most interesting! I can not wait! :)

Feb-03-2016 8:50 PM

Lone Cool Chris!

Feb-03-2016 1:59 PM

Author

Chris Picard New Scified nearly ready for launch... get ready!

Feb-03-2016 12:58 PM

**Al** Hola SR and VirtualVel, I'm doing well :D thanks for ask-

Feb-02-2016 7:40 PM

Author

**Al** I bet you do it Ruh ;)

Feb-02-2016 7:33 PM

Author

Ruhaniya **AI**>" bendito entre las mujeres", Hahah I pray for that all the time!

Feb-02-2016 1:10 PM