Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter

Choose Your Fandom

New Godzilla 2014 Toy Images Reveal First Look at MUTO Monster!

Written By Chris Picard on 2014-03-02 23:20:37

A new image of another Godzilla (2014) toy has revealed the first actual look at one of the MUTO Monsters! The pack is called the "Destruction Pack" and features a figure of the new Godzilla as well as one of the MUTO Monsters. This one in particular looks very strange, with black / red skin color. You can view the images below, thanks to Junkerde in the Godzilla 2014 Forums:

** Images removed at request of Bandai **

Expect some clearer shots of the MUTO to surface online tomorrow. Also remember that these are children's toys and may not offer a very detailed look at what the MUTO will actually look like. As we get further into this month, new images should be revealed.

Let us know what you think about the look of this MUTO by commenting below!

Godzilla Resurgence movie news, trailers and cast

Godzilla Resurgence

July 29th, 2016 Latest Trailer

Film by Hideaki Anno, Shinji Higuchi

/5 Not Yet Reviewed

Reviewing for this movie will be available soon

View Full Movie Page | Watch All Trailers

Official Plot Synopsis for Godzilla Resurgence:

Acclaimed writer/director Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and special effects director extraordinaire Shinji Higuchi (Attack on Titan, FX for the Gamera Trilogy) team up for the latest incarnation of Godzilla from Toho.

With an overhauled production team, these filmmakers will combine their impressive talents to call back Godzilla's most frightening atomic roots and, "deliver the greatest and worst nightmare to everyone."

Directed by Hideaki Anno, Shinji Higuchi, written by Hideaki Anno and starring Hiroki Hasegawa, Yutaka Takenouchi, Satomi Ishihara, Godzilla Resurgence releases July 29th, 2016.

For the latest news and updates on Godzilla Resurgence and its cast, characters and plot synopsis, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

Keywords: Godzilla, Godzilla News, Godzilla Sequel, Gareth Edwards, Legenrdary Pictures, Warner Brothers, Kaiju, Monsters, News, Movies, Cast, Plot, Toho, Tokyo, Japan

If you would like to contribute to this site and write articles for Godzilla, get in touch with the site owner!

Member Comments

Zihilla3000

Mar-02-2014 11:28 PM

Holy crap! Can't wait to add this to my collection.

Smaug The Magnificent

Mar-02-2014 11:28 PM

OMGGGGG

splinter48708

Mar-02-2014 11:36 PM

Certainly not Rodan!

Ant2596

Mar-02-2014 11:40 PM

The Muto looks like the monster from Cloverfield.

Biderbeck

Mar-02-2014 11:48 PM

gigan and clover had a baby :O

supersexyspacemonkey

Mar-02-2014 11:58 PM

Biderbeck,

Totally! I think you nailed it, and I do believe it's supposed to be Gigan. The hand hooks, face and head are a dead givaway, the rest is just a modern update to the classic design. I like how they took the Cloveefield design as inspiration, very cool.

Goji14

Mar-03-2014 12:11 AM

Is it me or does the muto look like cloverfield monster but black with red high lights

wolfguy

Mar-03-2014 4:45 AM

Sorry, but the MUTO is an incredibly uninspired design. Even more bland than Cloverfields.

Fai Nathaniel

Mar-03-2014 5:20 AM

Thats our flying creature. Interesting. . . Its different than what I expected. Its more streamline and simple then the complicated insect I thought it would be.

Daikaiju Danielle

Mar-03-2014 5:21 AM

It's beautiful! :'D I LOVE HIM ALREADY!

Fai Nathaniel

Mar-03-2014 5:22 AM

It's not perfect , but it's not that bad either.

TheGMan123

Mar-03-2014 7:21 AM

Now, this makes me wonder: Just what in God(zilla)'s name is that MUTO creature even supposed to be?!?!

godzooki

Mar-03-2014 7:27 AM

Looks like a cross between gyaos and a bat, but with more limbs.

This may explain two things:

1. the leathery wings seen in the trailer

2. planes falling from the sky if it emits high frequency sonar.

doggiezilla

Mar-03-2014 7:30 AM

I was not expecting that design. The last picture looks like it could be from Tron.

~TheLoon

That must be the six legged monster thats ben discribed so many times

G fan 84

Mar-03-2014 7:55 AM

That must be the six legged monster thats ben discribed so many times

Zilor

Mar-03-2014 9:02 AM

This thing kind of reminds me of Gyaos, mostly in the head though.

yellowdemon

Mar-03-2014 9:57 AM

looks to me like a monster thats goin to get its ass kicked all over the place!

españolecuador

Mar-03-2014 10:19 AM

yo tengo las figuras de titanes del  y parecen un poco mas detalladas pero bueno si se be bien boy a ber si boy a adquirir una de esas aunque estoy pensando en adquirir el atomic roar se be muy bien

Sicoepath

Mar-03-2014 11:17 AM

It actually looks pretty damn cool, can't wait to see what it looks like in the film <3

ErwinGFan91

Mar-03-2014 11:21 AM

Hopefully we get a more detailed larger Muto figure.

ALI3N

Mar-03-2014 11:41 AM

@godzooki ›

I think your dead on with the bat theory! It could very well be a giant mutated bat and the fact that those F22's fell from the sky could be the same monster with the hooks. It could very well use high sonar to take down those planes which to me makes the most sense if Gareth is trying to do something 'real'. The hooks could also be in the shape of the bat so this Winged M.U.T.O what we're looking at could very well be it. I also notice it has some Cloverfield monster influences there. You can see in the monster that it's arms are thicker so it could be it's wings like in Pacific Rim's Otachi. Which to me I'm happy with. But your theory is pretty accurate.

awsomeJaijufan

Mar-03-2014 12:27 PM

it looks like clover gigan gyos otachi and bat but all into one :O AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zylyph

Mar-03-2014 12:42 PM

I definitely think the bat theory is a good guess at it, but to add to it, im thinkin the red/orange highlights on the arms are the cheap toy equivalent of fire. At 2:13 in the trailer you see one of its limbs hit the ground. ON IMPACT, not before or after, it bursts into flames. Maybe it blew something up underneath, or maybe one of its powers will be a "fire punch" of sorts

awsomeJaijufan

Mar-03-2014 1:14 PM

and i have a question where are these people getting these things is it another mistake

ACraig1979

Mar-03-2014 1:28 PM

Zylyph › absolutely caught that, it was like a shock wave or something. Perhaps the emp weapon I've heard murmurs about.

KAIJEW...LOL

Mar-03-2014 2:29 PM

This is clearly not the flying muto,because it has a tail this doesn't.And if you look closely you can see that this has eight leggs.

Gamzilla234

Mar-03-2014 4:41 PM

@Supersexyspacemonkey If you're being sarcastic with your comment, then LOL! If not... then you're an idiot....

x_paden_x

Mar-03-2014 5:59 PM

That boat looks interesting...

Dinozilla0439

Mar-03-2014 6:07 PM

Guys,

I wrote about it in my 'Deluxe Destruction Pack MUTO is Eight-legged MUTO' post. You guys need to check it out. It proves that this isn't the winged one like I and a lot of other people thought. Please tell me what you think about it on this article so I can know what you guys think.

DracoX4

Mar-03-2014 6:38 PM

It be awesome if the new monster villian is a new version of Gigan that controls the other Mutos.

MIKEKOCHZILLA

Mar-03-2014 7:15 PM

Reminds me of a deformed locust type creature.

RR44

Mar-03-2014 7:22 PM

IMO... this is clearly a nod TOHO and JJ Abrams... to me it looks like an updated version of Gigan... with just a touch Cloverfield monster. It has the hand of man's creepy scientific genetic engineering written all over it.

andytak

Mar-03-2014 8:38 PM

This is my messed up theory.

First, I believe that the Godzilla 2000 (male) knocked up Zilla 1998 (female) and had a child. This child is now Godzilla 2014. (This is due to the new Godzilla having traits from both Godzillas in my opinion)

Second, the Muto is what i believe to be the child of Gigan (male) and Cloverfield (female). (This is also due to them having similar traits)

What do you think of my Messed up theory? Do you believe that Godzilla 2014 and the Muto depicted above share traits from the creatures that I listed out? Do you think the creatures I listed out where used as inspiration for G-14 or Muto? If not, then what do you believe happened? If you agree or disagree then tell me why.

P.S. I hate it when people beat down on Zilla and this is why. I believe that the Japanese Godzilla is the king of all monsters, yet I also believe that Zilla was a great creature design and concept, and thus should not be brought down. It is in my opinion that Zilla is female and that the Godzilla is male. (I believe her to be female because only female reptiles have the ability to asexually reproduce and sexually reproduce) Thus I call her the queen of all monsters. If you agree or disagree please tell me why.

Fai Nathaniel

Mar-04-2014 5:44 AM

They removed its so it has to be factual in the first place. I am now seeing the connection you guys made with Gigan and this new monster. Therefore, I am slowly starting to like it.

G fan 84

Mar-04-2014 8:01 AM

@ANDYTAK-WTF DUDE

KingGojira54

Mar-04-2014 12:29 PM

Cool idea Godzooki. I could see the use of bat DNA being an explination for this creatures origins in the movie.

Havenock

Mar-04-2014 1:08 PM

@andytak

that must be the worse fan-fiction theory ive ever heard xD

people beat down on zilla because he is an imposter who dosent resemble godzilla in any way. hes weaker then the original godzilla, and is also alot smaller

godzilla and zilla are not "male and female" of the same spieces. godzilla is a giant mutated dinosaur, while zilla is a mutated marine iguana.

the fact that godzilla is a nuclear mutation makes it unlikely that hes capeable of reproducing

Hamzilla

Mar-05-2014 4:02 PM

Jossenko

Mar-06-2014 2:39 PM

I am very very very very very shocked that MUTO resembles the Cloverfield monster as much as it does. I am not saying this is a bad thing, it's just an obvious thing. Creature design takes months for a film like this. The process is slow and the creators take great care in all the aspects of a monster. MUTO's design is CLEARLY taken directly from what Abrams created Cloverfield, a movie that is very much still fresh in he minds of people who fancy themselves on giant monster movies.

RR44

Mar-06-2014 5:18 PM

new theory.. you don't suppose there might be a cloverfield crossover  going on here with this monster?? it seems to appear like a Neville Page (cloverfield monster designer) .. design. ahhh... who knows.

Omega Knight

Mar-06-2014 9:47 PM

In a certain point this Muto may look similar to Cloverfield's monster but at the same time it totally look different. I've checked around the net for images (couldn't upload them) but both doesn't really look so similar, their concept may lead you to think " I've this before, haven't I?" but once you have both in your view won't think that so much.

gojira87

Mar-07-2014 8:43 PM

I see all the plausable connections to Cloverfield but IF this is what they came up with for an opponent, Im disappointed. Dont feel it...

Jossenko

Mar-07-2014 9:30 PM

They are most certainly NOT going for a Cloverfield crossover. Bad Robot is Bad Robot and Legendary is Legendary. But the fact remains that Edwards is pulling from the Cloverfield design, and considering that the Cloverfield monster is fresh in our minds (Cloverfield wasn't all that long ago), its an odd direction to go with.

I don't mind it all *that* much, but in the same fashion that I hope Godzilla looks much better than his toy counterpart, I hope MUTO looks more imposing than his figure.

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Other Comments

Godzilla News provides fans with the latest plot updates, trailer releases and scoops surrounding Godzilla Resurgence as well as the film's release dates, cast and characters. Providing not only official updates but also every scoop and rumor involving Godzilla Resurgence, fans of the franchise get the broadest coverage while avoiding unwanted spoilers. Fans can also take part in our thriving online Godzilla: Resurgence forum, where thousands of other Godzilla fans discuss, analyze and engage with one another about the upcoming film as well as previous instalments. Being a part of Scified, this Godzilla site is also linked to the Godzilla Resurgence movie page which also chronicles all updates, cast additions, plot synopsis reveals and every single available trailer and video!

Have a scoop you want you share regarding Godzilla Resurgence? Send us an e-mail to [email protected] or share it in the Godzilla: Resurgence forum for thousands of other fans to see!

This article was submitted by one of Scified's volunteer contributors. Every contributor must agree and abide the Scified Site User Agreement. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for removal requests.

Welcome RaresAndrei to Scified!
Welcome GreyWolfSvK to Scified!
Welcome dante245 to Scified!
Welcome Adrenius to Scified!
Welcome DarthRhodes to Scified!
Welcome bamboo360 to Scified!
Welcome eduardo to Scified!
Welcome Zyndrec to Scified!
Welcome M.Taaha to Scified!
Welcome LVIVIIVI to Scified!

Test Your Movie Trivia Knowledge!

Post an Editorial

Write an Editorial

Ideal if you're sharing news, an opinion piece or a large write-up!

Start a Discussion!

Start a Discussion

Ideal if you're asking a question or sharing a smaller write-up!

Rate and Review a Movie!

Rate & Review a Movie

If you want to review a movie, click here instead of starting a topic about your review!

Upload an image or artwork!

Upload an Image or Artwork

Upload screenshots, posters, wallpaper and even your own artwork directly to Scified!

*If a gallery doesn't exist for the image(s) or artwork you're trying to upload, please let a member of staff know and we'll get one created for you!

Please note: If you're new to Scified, any new content you submit may need to be approved by a member of our moderating team before it's displayed publicly. This helps us limit duplicate posts and prevent spammers from taking advantage of our network. Once you've made a certain number of good posts, you won't require approval for future submissions.

Open Chat

Chat

Author

Chris Picard Hope you're better now Raptor-401!

Feb-13-2016 12:08 PM

Author

Chris Picard Hope you're right Ruh! I'm getting anxious over here!

Feb-13-2016 12:07 PM

Author

Ruhaniya Had a crazy Alien dream last night...got a good feeling some new Alien news coming.

Feb-13-2016 10:05 AM

Author

VirtualVel I hope you feel better soon Raptor-401 :).

Feb-13-2016 9:04 AM

Author

Raptor-401 Hello, was gone the past days after being sick and feeling incredibly tired...

Feb-12-2016 7:00 PM

Author

VirtualVel I just accessed my profile and my name under my profile picture seems to be off center.

Feb-10-2016 5:53 PM

Author

Chris Picard Hey Lone, thanks for the heads up, can you PM me with more details? Thanks!

Feb-10-2016 11:20 AM

Author

Lone When trying to edit or post on my site, I get error logged out!

Feb-09-2016 2:26 PM

Author

Lone Thanks Chris, looking good!

Feb-09-2016 12:11 PM

Author

Lone Speedy SCIFIED loads in a second! :)

Feb-09-2016 12:10 PM

Author

Chris Picard @Everyone, you all should notice Scified loads a lot faster with thenew updates now live!

Feb-08-2016 9:26 PM

Chris Picard PM sent

Feb-08-2016 9:26 PM

Svanya Chris, I can't post on my Indie blog, could you help please.Thanks

Feb-08-2016 7:37 PM

Author

Chris Picard @Sci-Fi king, send me an email to info[at]scified.com. We'll get this sorted for you!

Feb-07-2016 10:57 AM