102 Now OnlineOpen Forums   ❱
George Lucas to direct Rogue One sequel!

George Lucas to direct Rogue One sequel!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie news, trailers and cast

Star Wars: The Last Jedi December 15th, 2017

Learn More

As of Rogue One's first week in theaters, the film has grossed an impressive $420 million globally, $220 million of that being earned domestically. After such a profitable release and a plethora of positive reviews LucasFilm has tapped George Lucas to direct the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story sequel! Based on a screenplay written as well by Lucas and starring Hollywood favorites Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, the sequel will introduce audiences to the iconic characters Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia and many more as they combat the tyrannical Empire.

The Rogue One sequel titled A New Hope will arrive in theaters on May 25th, 1977.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Rian Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Star Wars blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Star Wars Articles

Star Wars: Force Friday II Catch Up!

Star Wars: Force Friday II Catch Up!

Friday 1st September was the second official Force Friday, a day in which Star Wars merchandise took center stage with toy manufacturers such as Topps, Hasbro, Lego and others show... Read More

Replies

Tyrannos, The Vengeful RexDec-23-2016 7:49 PM

239

THE INTRO WAS LEAKED!!!

Emperor GorillaGodzillaDec-23-2016 8:31 PM

107

I thought my heart was going to stop for a moment--and then the troll came.

Durp004Dec-24-2016 6:07 AM

Well played Chris, well played.

CentauriDec-24-2016 12:46 PM

103

great post Chris ;  D

G. H. (Gman)Dec-24-2016 10:03 PM

248

Haha! Worried me for a second there.

ChrisDec-27-2016 12:59 PM

1465

At the time of writing this post, I was laughing to myself cause I thought it was pretty witty. It's really sad to hear about the passing of Carrie Fisher though, but I feel it will only make us cherish the original films even more.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the piece, though! I rarely post satire articles as I don't wish to fool anybody - but I couldn't pass this opportunity up.

CentauriDec-27-2016 2:15 PM

103

the post is a beautiful poetic notion @chris

Vincent WaspDec-28-2016 10:09 AM

Good one Chris, and very theatrical. First you had me on the edge of my seat - gasping ... in dread, and then close to tears by mentioning Carrie.

ChrisDec-31-2016 11:18 AM

1465

Glad you guys enjoyed it haha :)

harikaJul-17-2017 3:00 AM

Hello!I have read your article, really it is an informative article and here is a fantastic article which contains a unique content related to star wars once  have a look at it----- https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/16/disneys-new-augmented-reality-game-star-wars-jedi/

Please sign in to add a comment

Written By Chris
Published: 2016-12-23 19:44:33

1,162,731 Reads

Featured Forum Discussions

ALIEN: HOPE FOR THE FUTURE (FANGAME)

22 Replies • Last reply: 2017-09-17 02:52:11

Ridley Scott Quotes on his Alien Movies

34 Replies • Last reply: 2017-09-16 01:00:24

Godzilla Directors

17 Replies • Last reply: 2017-09-14 18:38:01

Godzilla Series Japanese Box Office Attendance Numbers

4 Replies • Last reply: 2017-09-13 19:26:10

Godzilla 2014 vs. Godzilla Resurgence official debate thread

148 Replies • Last reply: 2017-09-05 09:38:14

Monarch Timeline

74 Replies • Last reply: 2017-08-30 13:04:48

Featured Image Galleries

Alien: Covenant Images
Alien: Covenant Images

Browse the latest Alien: Covenant movie stills, film posters, trailer screenshots and concept artwork here.

Alien: Covenant Images
Kong: Skull Island Images

A collection of all Kong: Skull Island movie posters, images and trailer screenshots.

Sci-Fi Movie Merch Visit the Store