Jurassic World Movies

T-rex/Spinosaurus confront

Locked4556 Views53 Replies
Forum Topic

Xenomorph 54

MemberCompsognathusAug-07-2012 2:47 PM
Hey mates, since there's a T-rex/Spinosaurus debate in this forum, I decided to show some actual facts about the two and probabilities of who would win if they had a confront. Since those two predators lived in different times and places, a fight between them wouldn't have been possible, but let's imagine both co-existed. [b]1-Jaw comparison [/b] In this aspect, T-Rex has the advantage. Its jaw was incredibly robust and strong and its teeth were "designed" to kill big preys. Spinosauru's jaw and teeth were, however, more fragile and "designed" to catch instead of kill, since it probably preyed on fish (it could have hunt other dinosaurs of course) [b]2-Arms and Claws[/b] Both had small arms, but spinosaurus had longer ones. Also, T-rex only had two claws/fingers, while spino had probably three. However, this isn't an important aspect since dinosaurs like those wouldn't use claws in combat a lot. [b]3-Size[/b] The largest T-rex fossil found (named "Sue") was 12.8 meters long. Spinosaurus is, however, estimated to be 17 meters long. [b]Conclusion[/b] T-rex would probably win most of the times because the main weapon of both is the mouth/jaws.
Have you heard of phoenix asteroids? They glow in every color of the rainbow...they travel endlessly through space...
53 Replies

The Limbix

MemberCompsognathusAug-07-2012 5:55 PM
There is no doubt that Jack Horner is a palaeontology genius, with his work on re-creating a living dino by reactivating ancestral genes in modern day birds, but I think his theory on T-Rex being a complete scavenger is wrong. Yes he his huge, yes over long distance he may have been slow. But short distance he would have been fast and possibly attacked his prey from the edge of jungle or bush. T-rex had a very strong muscular structure, mostly focusing around the skull and neck but evident to extend over his entire body. The bone density of the skull is high showing huge pressure was applied though the skull. Also with length comes risk of injury, (ask any tall person) longer bones snap easier. The Spino was long it was, for a massive and intimidating predator, fragile. I think the case is honestly closed on this, T- Rex would have killed the Spino. Especially if there was no chase between the dinos. It's bight pressure would have made sure of it. However as Jack Horner said when working on the JP series, Jurassic Park was not really about facts, more about the imagination, fear, and wonder that such creatures give us. (Rex should have won).

Xenomorph 54

MemberCompsognathusAug-07-2012 6:15 PM
@Limbix Yes, some of the deciptions in JP are incorrect, like the Raptor and dilophosaurus.... And I agree with you too on Horner's arguments regarding T-rex...and triceratops.
Have you heard of phoenix asteroids? They glow in every color of the rainbow...they travel endlessly through space...

Chris

AdminIndoraptorAug-07-2012 7:42 PM
I agree, Rex should have won 10 times out of 10. Like you said Limbix, Rex's jaws were designed to crush bone and in JP3, when the Rex got his jaws around the Spinosauruses neck, it should have been all over. He would've crushed the Spino's vertebrae and crunched every bone in his neck, cutting off air and killing the Spino in minutes. It was pure Hollywood effects to make a bigger, nastier opponent out of a dinosaur that was bigger than T-Rex. In all honesty, I think Giganotosaurus would have been a better opponent to Rex, though I've read that even Gigantosaurus may have had trouble defeating a Rex in combat, due to their bit force and brain capacity. This is a great topic, and one that I thoroughly enjoy discussing, ever since I saw JP3 ages ago.
Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

The Limbix

MemberCompsognathusAug-07-2012 10:39 PM
The tests of Giganotosaurus bones have suggested that it did not have anywhere near the bone density of a T-Rex, so ignoring muscle density and strength, T-Rex would have a good chance of killing a Giganotosaurus as well. Another theory, although I am unsure how proven it is suggests that Giganotosaurus evolved over a smaller period of time ("evolutionarly" speaking) quicker than most dinos it's size. With lack of a better term, evolution had not worked out all the kinks yet, unfortunately it was not allowed to evolve more dense bone. T-Rex, it's hard to find another dino, of that size, so well evolved for killing.

shambs

MemberCompsognathusAug-08-2012 5:57 AM
The Spinosaurus was an animal designed for fishing, but it is impossible that the Spino could feed his huge body only with fish, then is probably that the Spino was a super predator in its environment, with only the competition of predator Carcharodontosaurus and Sarcosuchus. Despite this their jaws are not endowed with the power to crush bones; and yeah, In JP3 the T-Rex used its enormous pressure on the neck of the Spinosaur and this seems just tickled during the attack...Something obviously not very realistic. Respect whit the Giganotosaurus, well this point is highly dependent on predator and prey...for example the Tarbosaurus, yeah I know, this creature is very similar to the T-rex...but his bite was not as flexible. The T-Rex evolved to kill hard prey as the Triceratops. At the other extreme we have a Tarbosaurus that evolved to kill sauropods as the Nemegtosaurus. In the case of Giganotosaurus we see something similar to Allosaurus, a creature with jaws weak but with plans and sharp teeth like daggers, to tear the skin of the sauropods. The T-Rex had teeth dense and thick like bullets. Now in a battle undoubtedly would win the T-Rex, but the Giga would give a good fight, even more better than the Spinosaurus IMHO.

MemberCompsognathusAug-10-2012 7:06 PM
I like Mr. T-Rex.

Gavin

MemberTyrannosaurus RexAug-13-2012 10:00 AM
a pressy for you all... [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/prehistoricpark/images/e/e1/T_rex1.jpg[/img]

TyrannosaurusImperator

MemberCompsognathusAug-23-2012 10:00 PM
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5KOKEVkowI]Primal Carnage Tyrannosaurus Rex vs Spinosaurus[/url] That game demo tells the tale about that fight. But seriously I love Spinosaurus.....NOT AS MUCH AS T-REX HOWEVER! The fight in JP3 was meant for the T-Rex to pass the torch, and try too show the general media (due to Jack Horner), that there is a carnivore much larger than T-Rex. And Hollywood trying to make a new baddie, for the series! But studies have shown that Spinosaurus may of not have beem as fearsome, as he was displayed. And yes the Giganotosaurus may of given Rex a better fight than Spino...IMHO ^_^ SO MUCH LOVE FOR THE "KING" IN HERE.....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

onuris

MemberCompsognathusSep-10-2012 10:29 PM
all t-rex had to do is crush the spinosaurus's neck and done tyrannosaurus rex meaning tyrant lizard KING

Xmorency13

MemberCompsognathusSep-11-2012 7:28 PM
I believe the Tyrannosaurus Rex would have won the fight right after the first bite. First of all, I don't believe that T-Rex was a scavenger for the several reasons bellow. I don't believe either that a Spinosaurus would be able to kill the King. -T-Rex had one of the most powerfull jaw of all the land dinosaurs of all time. -It had banana-like teeth that were made to crush bones. They were made like steak knifes. Some paleontologist believe that when he bites, he would have let some bacteria in the injury, leading to the death of the pray or rival. -It had a binocular vision, so we can believe that he had a great eyesight. -It had one, if not the best, smelling sense of all dinosaurs. -Paleontologist believe it was smart like a house cat, making him one of the most intelligent dinosaur. -If you compare the skeletons, the Spinosaurus bones were a little bit thinner to the neck than the T-Rex, making it more vulnerable.[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/spinorexxp7.png/[/img] Finally, I think Spinosaurus was a great predator at his time, but would not be able to kill the King because paleontologist believe it was eating fish and small dinosaurs. They also believe that the sail might be a disadvantage. Because it is connected to the vertabraes, if Spino fell on the back, it would have break it and Spino would be paralysed or could even die from this. Well that's my point of view and sorry for the mistakes, english isn't my first langage. I believe the Tyrannosaurus Rex was an Apex predator, and was the greatest and most dangerous predator that walk on Earth of all time. [img]http://www.dinosoria.com/cinema/abre_003_jpg_jpg.jpg[/img]
Huge fan of the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Jurassic Park I and II movies. Hope the King will gets his revenge in Jurassic Park IV.

Bet-Karh

MemberCompsognathusNov-01-2012 12:25 PM
I do believe Tyrannosaurus would win the battle given recent finds of T-rex being pack hunters, Jack horner is right and wrong about our magnificent beast here. Tyrannosaurus rex probably hunted and scavenged because it was big enough to scar most other predators away from a kill
Hunter of the Hunters

Chris

AdminIndoraptorNov-01-2012 1:32 PM
I agree with you there [b]Bet[/b] and great post [b]Xmorency13[/b]. Rex should have definitely won right from the start, as soon as he latched onto the Spinosaurus' neck. You bring up great points - hopefully in Jurassic Park 4, we see the king regain his title!
Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

radesh0430

MemberCompsognathusNov-01-2012 9:56 PM
as a trex fan, i will try to be as objective as i can. i will try to relate to modern animals to make a few of my points. i have watched the fight between the rex and spino lots of times, its the worst part of the movie, jack horner has even admitted he wanted a new big dog on the block in the new movie, guess what? it back fired, alot of people didnt like jp3 as much as jp1 and 2. anyway back to the fight, in reality i dont think if two possible predators almost the same size would actually fight. they try to intimidate each other to get the other to back down, look at predators today, lions and crocs interact sometimes they dont always fight or kill each other, dinosaurs may have done the same. but if they were to fight it would be like a pitbull (rex) vs a great dane (spino) rex was a heavily built dino, built for power, spino was not. trex i believe was a predator but did scavage at times too, lions, hyneas, bears all do the same thing, they are predators but a large portion of their diet did comprise of dead animals. i do believe rex would win, bc as someone mentioned power of the jaws, intelligence, teeth the size of bananas. as in movie when he bit spino by the neck and swung him around, he was suppose to rip a huge chunk of flest off of him and most likely killing him on the spot but of course they wanted spino to win. anyways i hope a forth jurassic park is made and there is lots of rex to make up for jp3!

Mr_Spino

MemberCompsognathusNov-19-2012 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu8Ve-3N2Ho Spinosaurus ftw :D
http://www.photo-dictionary.com/photofiles/list/4991/11462spinosaurus.gif

Mr_Spino

MemberCompsognathusNov-19-2012 1:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp2v1Wjr3NI&feature=related :D
http://www.photo-dictionary.com/photofiles/list/4991/11462spinosaurus.gif

cuponator3000

MemberStegosaurusFeb-07-2013 9:42 PM
First of all, i though that the spinasouras looked really cool. Which is probably one of the things the makers wanted fans to think, but i agree with the consesus above that YES the T-rex would have won

Not a map, an invitation

cuponator3000

MemberStegosaurusFeb-13-2013 9:20 AM
since they want a new story, they shoulld be going through ine of the islands at one point see bones of a dead spino

Not a map, an invitation

tyrannosaurgames

MemberCompsognathusFeb-17-2013 9:25 AM
In the fight in the movie tyrannosaurus rexs first bite would prove fatal to spinosaurus and when t rex famed spinosaurus that just might have broken spinosaurus leg bone

t-rex90

MemberCompsognathusApr-07-2013 4:34 PM
Spino was cool but I'm T-Rex fan forever and I believe it should've won too based on those facts given above, you can even tell too by those jaws why it was the best super predator to have ever existed. They don't call him "Tyrant Lizard King" for nothing.

Lord Vader

MemberTyrannosaurus RexApr-08-2013 9:24 PM
@ Mr_Spino I have seen that video before (great choice to enforce your opinion). It shows that a Spino was a really powerful dinosaurs and should not be messed with. T.Rex had it's advantages and disadvantages versus Spino. Advantages: Bite force Intelligence Millions of years of evolution Binocular vision Disadvantages: Arms Speed Agility I am not biased in T.Rex's favour, I am just stating the facts. I will admit that Spino is really cool because of it's sail, and it's big arms for a predator of such size.

Jack of all trades. Master of none

Spino186

MemberCompsognathusApr-11-2013 11:56 PM
I think Spino seems to just be more agile and "athletic" I guess you could say and would just be quicker than T Rex. I really think he would win b/c he's also got size on his side. I think he would be able to bully the T Rex around. None of what any of us say really matters though b/c none of us know for sure and VERY sadly we never can or will.

Lord Vader

MemberTyrannosaurus RexApr-12-2013 5:09 PM
@ Spino186 T.Rex was smaller than Spino in terms of length and height, and it was probably slower, but T.Rex had a 6 000 pound bite force, and was built for fighting dinosaurs such as triceratops and ankylosaurus, while Spino used it's arms for fishing. Spino is crocodilian like in terms of skull design (long jaws and nostril placement) so that enforces the opinion (I said opinion, not fact) that Spino was a fish eater. For all we know, the muscles for opening the mouth could be incredibly weak like in crocodilians. In a race, Spino would win hands down, in a swimming competition, Spino would win every time, in jungle fighting, where Spino's size is a disadvantage, T.Rex would win 9 times out of 10. Spino's sail would be a disadvantage though because it is fused to the spine (hence the name "Spine Lizard) and would break the back if damaged and paralyze, if not, kill Spino if it got slammed on it's back in a fall or got shoved into a tree. You never know, we could create a cloning machine that works for dinosaurs, or a time machine. You just never know what the future holds. Everyone has their opinion, and this is mine.

Jack of all trades. Master of none

Dinosaur.Fanatic

MemberCompsognathusApr-12-2013 8:30 PM
I agree with everyone who says T-Rex would win. I also definitely agree that Spinosaurus is a fragile predator and would have lost in a fight with rex. However, I am on team Spino, and I have to say that Spino's time in the spotlight was very gratifying! But I am looking forward to hopefully seeing rex back in action for JP4.

"Either way, you probably won't get off this island alive."

--Alan Grant

GodzillaFanatic1993

MemberCompsognathusMay-10-2013 11:35 AM
Gotta love the enthusiasm for the King in here. Can't wait for the movie. I as well hope that T-Rex gets some revenge on Spino in JP4. Been waiting 13 years for this and I'm not going to be disappointed. and yes Spino did have size on his side but T-Rex had at least a Ton and a half to 2 tons on Spino as well as being built like a heavy weight made to fight and Kill heavily armored and Lethally armed Herbivores such as Triceratops and Ankylosaurus which were built like tanks, and to kill something built like a tank you need to be built like a tank as well.

Rex Fan 684

MemberCompsognathusMay-12-2013 7:18 PM
I agree with the opinion that rex would have won. For those of you who have seen my other posts and comments, you know I am one of the few who feel Tyrannosaurus was the largest land carnivore, but that's besides the point. I estimate a max bite force for Spino at just over 2 tons per square inch. Rex had one between 3 to 9 tons per square inch. End of story. Spino slashes the rex a few times, but Tyrannosaurus would just have to bite the Spino on the neck, head, or spine and there's the end of the battle. Just sayin ;)
"Men like me don't start the wars. We just die in them. We've always died in them, and we always will. We don't expect any praise for it, no parades. No one knows our names." ―Alpha-98

Ruiz

MemberCompsognathusMay-18-2013 4:52 AM
When i saw the Spinosaurus kill the T.Rex my face was:WTF

Spinoking

MemberCompsognathusJun-02-2013 9:04 PM
Well if all of that is true about the tyrannosaurus he would have won but look at the real thing, lions and crocodiles, the lion might have bone crushing teeth and the crocodile might have teeth designed for fish like a spinosaurus-rex but the crocodile was faster and larger the crocodile won because he had greater jaw length and he could lath onto the lion much easier than the lion could. but the simple fact is spinosaurus had large arms and could grasp his prey unlike tyrannosaurus who had to use his head and latch on. The winner spinosaurus rex

t-rex90

MemberCompsognathusJun-12-2013 2:42 PM
There's a difference between a lion and a crocodile, we all know crocodiles eat larger prey than fish, buffalo, antelope, zebra, etc. lions do the same thing and in that case, the croc is more like t-rex in terms of jaw power goes, like t-rex, their teeth and bite force is designed for crushing bones, not ripping or tearing. longer arms does'nt always mean better, the facts are that it was lighter and more fragile while t-rex was heavily built and more powerful. I think I'd place my bets on a dinosaur killer any day over a fish eater. Winner, Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Airman Allo

MemberCompsognathusJun-26-2013 8:13 PM
Did anyone ever taken into account the Spinosaurus may be affected by drag while running? I mean a sail is essential the same as a drag fin on the back of a car only triple the size.

Rex Fan 684

MemberCompsognathusJun-28-2013 7:06 PM
I have always believed that Spinosaurus' sail would have lowered it's agility. Spino was certainly longer than Rex and taller too. Rex- 43-50 ft long, 20-23 ft tall Spino- 45-56 ft long, 20-23 ft tall(head) 23-25 ft tall(sail) However, the spinosaurs as a whole seem to be lightly built for their overall size. Rex- 8-10 tons Spino- 5-7 tons All sizes here are based on my opinions, theories, and estimates. Thanks guys
"Men like me don't start the wars. We just die in them. We've always died in them, and we always will. We don't expect any praise for it, no parades. No one knows our names." ―Alpha-98
Add A Reply
Latest Images
Jurassic Park/World Jurassic Park Fandom
Jurassic World Movies Forums
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Jurassic World
Jurassic World Discuss Jurassic World Here
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Discuss Jurassic Park 1 - 3
Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic Park Games Talk About Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic World Merchandise
Jurassic World Merchandise Discuss Jurassic World merchandise here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Latest Jurassic Fandom Activity

JurassicWorld-Movies.com is a fan website dedicated to all things Jurassic Park and Jurassic World! This website was developed, created and is maintained by Jurassic Park fans and is not officially affiliated with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment or any other respective owners of Jurassic World IP.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums