Doona Bae
Ben Whishaw
James D'Arcy
Zhou Xun
Keith David
David Gyasi
Susan Sarandon
Hugh Grant

Cloud Atlas' official synopsis calls the story...

"An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution".

The film follows six interrelated stories over six time periods stemming from the South Pacific in the nineteenth century to a distant, post apocalyptic future, each story involving new incarnations of its characters (in a past life / reincarnation style).

Cloud Atlas is written and directed by Lana and Andy Wachowski and Tom Tykwer, and has instantly become a sci fi fan favorite, with its thought provoking and heartfelt storyline and performances.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything Cloud Atlas related in this thread - your favorite character(s), story(s), anything...

5 Replies

Svanya

Just saw it and liked it a lot, the book was better though. :P

cuponator3000

i just watched the railer and it seems interesting i might check it out

Indy John

Not familiar with the movie or book Saw Tom Hanks on Letterman promoting the movie. Even he had a hard time to explain the movie's theme.

I watched the trailer and read a wiki article. I would I say I would like to watch the movie. It seems to me several viewing might be required.

When so much effort has been done to this movie, critical acclaim given there must be something there and I would seek this movie out when possible.

Nobody in my circle has mentioned this movie. It is as if it has dissappeared from all earthlings...except for this site.

AgentMothman

This has got to be one of the best movies in recent years. This is also one of the few times where I found that the movie was better than the book. It's a shame that it didn't do well at the box office, but at least the movie still got made.

katiel238

i would advise you to read the book first then watch the movie otherwise it may seem confusing. basically here a six short stories that are about the same soul reincarnated over 600 years and how this one soul has made an impact on human lives.

i think that the actors where very talented in this film because the same actors played several different characters and sometimes you couldnt tell it was the same actor.

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Connect With Us Around The Web
Latest Scified Site Posts
Nothing loaded...
Latest News Headlines
Nothing loaded...
Latest Movies Reviewed

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Read Review

This was a pretty good film. Some parts were good, while others were bad. T...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Read Review

There aren't too many examples I can safely use for the, “visual effects further the story&r...

RoboCop

Read Review

This reboot of the Sci-Fi classic film didn't disappoint. I've read bad rev...

Community Feeds
Nothing loaded...
Part of the Scified Fan Site Network
© 2012 - 2014 Scified.com
Legal | Terms of Use