Alien Movie Universe

Interesting Comments made by Michael Biehn on Alien 5, gives clues to Alien: Covenant Plot?

2596 Views2 Replies
Forum Topic

BigDave

MemberDeaconNov-22-2015 6:47 PM

Found this on Scified site regarding Alien 5  alien-5-is-not-dead

Alien 5 is set 20 plus years after Aliens.... and Newt will feature, this explains why Alien 3 and Alien R will be ignored and how to get around making Ripley not look 30 years older etc..

But if we can assume Biehn is being accurate his comment below has left some clues to Alien: Covenant.

"I know that Ridley’s focus is on the second PROMETHEUS (now titled ALIEN: COVENANT) and I’m sure that he and Fox both don’t want that and Neill’s movie to come out right next to each other, because they’re kind of two different worlds, with ALIENS taking place thousands of years later, which is how they explained it all to me, but at the same time, they want to give them a similar feel."

This explains the delay of Alien 5....

But what is interesting is this... "with ALIENS taking place thousands of years later, which is how they explained it all to me"

Thousands of years latter?  This opens up some interesting debates....

I was indeed told in March the Movie has 3 Plot Elements....  That Shaw and Davids journey while is the pretext to making the sequel.. and all along its been hinted at thats why they are doing a 2nd movie... i was told that Shaw and Davids role, and particular Shaws would actually not take up massive amount of the movie... so its a Small Part.

How can this be, when Ridley has over and over hinted that the reason for doing the movie was to go where Shaw and David go, to answer Shaws Questions as you cant leave the movie how it ended..... Shaw wants her answers, David will have no choice to take her to Paradise and they would indeed meet Godlike Beings who are not Gods and far from Benevolent and David is bringing Hell with him....

Then Ridley as of late had been bringing up Paradise Lost Connections, despite the No more Gods and Dragons stance months ago, when in March the source i had said the movie is however touching upon such themes...  He (Ridley Scott) has of late come out to mention more about Fallen Angels, God and how loosely the movie has similarities with Paradise Lost!  even pondering bigger questions of is there more to Life and Creation than simply the Big Bang, is there some higher power at work... is it coinsidence that worlds can support life by being in the right Goldylocks Zone.... and Where is the Big Guy in all of this... (who apparently sits at home being boring while the other "Satan" has all the fun).

Then we get news of a New Travelers inbound...  and Alien: Covenant name change.... which the Synopsis ommits Shaw in it and has these new Colony Searching Explorers end up on a World they thought would be Paradise that is nothing of the sort with only David as the only inhabitant they find...

1) Why did they seem to go the route of exploring Shaws questions as the basis of the movie, and the new Synopsis leads to a movie that maybe does not cover that.... where is she...  surely she left with David at the end of the first movie? we have to assume without her help David was going no where...

2) All the talk about Engineers, and Gods and Paradise Lost... why no mention in the Synopsis surely again this was the other aim of the movie and something Ridley had hinted to over and over....

3) We instead have the movies Synopsis going the route of Travelers finding David alone, prehapse and what is in store for these Travelers?  

The movie is indeed going some route to cover the xeno Origins and explain or show the seeds to explain why such a deadly Bio-Weapon was created... at very least the Biology behind it and also WHY!

Now Biehn's comments seem like Ridleys before the Alien: Covenant change... they seem to not fit with the Official Synopsis 

How does all the above fit in and Biehn's  Alien: Covenant being set thousands of years before Aliens? and Alien 5.... unless Time Travel is involved?  Or prehapse...

We shall see flashback scenes like the Sacrifical one (Full one) in Prometheus, we shall see scenes of Shaw and David maybe indeed finding some reminiscents of the Engineers as well this was the whole starting point for the SECOND MOVIE! this Scene could be at the end... i.e other scene that happens before is set after this scene.....   And then we get the scene of these new Travelers discovering a Baron World inhabited by David 8

Only Logically way this can all happen provided Michael Biehn  is correct.. but why would he lie? 

The only Logical Conclusion is indeed... a Movie that has 3 Plots set at different events and time zones!

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

2 Replies

Chris

AdminEngineerNov-23-2015 6:35 AM

Even without the rewrites lately, since Lindelof and Scott paired up to revise the Alien: Engineers script. It was always the plan to puruse 2 avenues; one focusing on Shaw and David's journey, the second to finally give insight to what happened prior to the crash on LV-426.

Initially I think Scott wanted to finish the Prometheus story first, but with the significant polarized reactions to Prometheus, I'm willing to be Fox put pressure on Scott to pursue the latter avenue before concluding the Prometheus one. Not to mention, Neill's Alien 5 came up which probably sent Scott's mind for a spin with possibilities.

There's no doubt Prometheus and its sequels will mess around with differing time frames to their chronological order. I think for Alien: Covenant however, it's as simple as 2 things:

- Fox wanted to appease fans, so give them what they want - more ALIEN

- Scott became more motivated to tell that side of the story first given the recent series of events

Not to mention, with Alien: Covenant tapping into the whole fan base, not just Prometheus die-hards like us, Fox will make more money, which will secure a third (and maybe even fourth) sequel anyways, so Scott has a safety net to puruse his full story.

That's my theory concerning the mixed messages being put out over the last year.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

BigDave

MemberDeaconNov-23-2015 4:09 PM

This is very true and its as i have said in a few Topics Before...

Prometheus was set out to be a prequel to Alien... to explore the Space Jockey and Answer why the hell did that being have those Eggs... who was his Race, from where did they come and when how and why did they have such a cargo.

Prometheus ended up the route to explore the Space Jockey Race and give us a back story behind who they was with subtile clues to the Xeno, i think they wanted to explore these Engineers and this whole creators and creations angle in more depth while eventually linking more clues to the Xeno but exlporing the bigger picture of the many things these Engineers and their creators had created.

But casual Fans would not have made a connection to Alien and so the movie seemed a very ambigious and confusing Sci-Fi movie... those who knew the movie was supposed to be a Alien movie to a degree either never saw the connections enough or felt it was not the best way to explore the Space Jockey Race and connections to the Xeno.

The Alien Fanboys would have wanted to see Alien and Space Jockey connections in a better way and some would have been totally upset we never got a fully fledged Xeno explantion and Space Jockey Story,

But with Alien 5 mentioned it seems general puplic seemed to be buzzing more over a Alien 5 and seeing Xenos, as opposed to Prometheus 2....

So Fox have seen this and jumped on the Bandwagon and taken advantage of the anticipation over a NEW Alien movie.... and so they have changed the name and could be going the back route to cover the Xeno and Space Jockey side of the story first then bridge out to explore the Engineers.

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Kongzilla
Kongzilla » Chestburster
67% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums