Godzilla Movie

Pacific Rim Crossover Rumor is (Probably) False

1707 Views6 Replies
Forum Topic

Dinozilla0439

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2015 1:39 PM

It's been awhile since I've been here, so hey, guys! :D

But anyway, to the point. I've been seeing the rumor that Godzilla is probably going to crossover with Pacific Rim in Pacific Rim 3. But, according to this article, Guillermo Del Toro's words were actually taken out of context from a very old interview (one that happened before he even saw the 2014 film). So, just to let everyone know, this is really old information.

It doesn't mean that the crossover will never happen, but Del Toro went on to give to indicate that it was a bit unlikely, if you read the rest of the article in the link I posted.

Wasn't sure if everyone knew this already or not, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for reading!

6 Replies

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2015 2:57 PM

That means it was a personal thought. OK, at least we know in Pacific RIm they had Godzilla and other monsters in mind due the memorial mention for Honda and Harryhausen (but as we know even having an important role as director, TOmoyuki Tanaka was the producer and creator of the concept, so he deserved the mention alongside Ifukube). There is a change they do not drop the idea.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-31-2015 6:06 PM

This was always mere speculation on del Toro's part. There was no real plan in place for it, but the fact the source for this recent commotion just cherry picked quotes from an old article is even worse.

Thanks for the research Dinozilla. I think people can stop getting hyped about nothing now.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-31-2015 6:25 PM

Did anyone actually think this was going to happen? Even with the article trying to take the statement out of conetext seemed like the best they could do was make it seem like he thought it was a cool idea moreso than something that was actually going to go through

Svanya

AdminGiganSep-01-2015 8:46 AM

This is what I thought, Del Toro even debunked the idea when Pac Rim came out 2 years ago...

Dinozilla0439

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-01-2015 12:18 PM

@Gman2887

No problem. When I started seeing this all over the internet, I was already suspicious. And, quite frankly, the quote they were using sounded familiar, like something I'd already read before. And then I found that article, so I figured I should post it here.

@Svana

Agreed, that's what I already believed. I'm kind of surprised that that article was one of the only articles I saw at the time that debunked it. I mean seriously, it blew up everywhere.

EmptyH

MemberBaragonSep-01-2015 1:08 PM

I might have actually enjoyed this if they included a proper protagonist, unlike Pacific Rim. Mako is a better character and has a better story. I hope the next movie is her story.

Host of the podcast Giant Monster Messages where we watch EVERY giant monster film and look for the messages.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
SasquaDash
SasquaDash » Anguirus
89% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
71% To Next Rank
Moldovan0731
Moldovan0731 » Baragon
28% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums