Alien Movie Universe

Is production still happening in january

1696 Views12 Replies
Forum Topic

The First Child

MemberOvomorphAug-29-2015 6:39 PM

I wanted to know if production for Prometheus is happening in January or sooner. any answer would be great.

12 Replies

Gavin

MemberTrilobiteAug-30-2015 12:05 AM

With Ridley Scott having stated that Prometheus 2 will be his next film, and taking into account that Michael Fassbender is about to begin filming Assassins Creed, then a January date for the beginning of filming for Prometheus 2 would make sense.

BigDave

MemberDeaconAug-31-2015 7:18 AM

As Gavin stated, Ridley has confirmed the movie will be his Next one, and a Principal Photography is set to start in January.  As far as Production is concerned we cant be sure but i would say that it is likely to start by the Fall for sure as far as Building Sets and Costumes etc.

Pre-Production work could have started a long time ago, as they had a Finished Draft by November 2014 well October and so while Ridley was not working on his other projects i would be suprised if he has not spent some parts of the last 12 Months doodles here and there as far as the look he wants for sets and parts of the movie....  And if Prometheus 2 is to start shooting January then it would be likely that Ridleys ideas have been worked on by Concept Artists at some point within the last 6 months. If it has not then surely Concept work should be comming along Now or Soon....

But this is just a assumption based on the length of Process Ridley makes with his previous movies as far as Draft Finished to Shooting Date etc.

Looking at how long Production takes on his movies etc  then we still have a while to wait for the release of the movie which would now likely be between a November 2016 - May 2017 based on his average similar project release timeframe from Shooting to Release....  But i would assume a March 2017 could be a likely release date but i wont rule out a June 2017 to maybe coinside with a 5 years after Prometheus.

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

The First Child

MemberOvomorphAug-31-2015 5:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm working with a member form a TV channel. We are trying to send a draft in. The hope is for them to use a few of the ideas. Been working on it for 3 years. Hopefully we can send it in by October. Do you think this is to late?

sp_jockey

MemberOvomorphAug-31-2015 8:03 PM

BigDave, if principle photography is sceduled to start in January, then pre-production is probably further along than you suggest. Concept work would be completed and already translated to set and costume designs. Studios would be booked, locations arranged, and screen tests for the new actors completed. The score, if not already complete, then in advanced condition. Some of the more complex and long lead-time construction projects may have already started. I'm using  "The Angry Gods" documentary as a time reference. The rovers alone took 11 weeks to construct. So there must be a whole lot going on right now with pre-production for shooting to start in January. 

How exciting is that? 

Sorry First Child. I think Ridley is well past the point of entertaining new script ideas. 

The First Child

MemberOvomorphSep-01-2015 12:13 AM

I plan to have the script sent around September 13. That means there is still 3 and a half months of pre-production. Also didn't other script editors come in later, like Lindeof?

MonsterZero

MemberXenomorphSep-01-2015 5:59 AM

Script ideas would be needed 2 or 3 years ago.

Your best bet is a Prometheus Graphic novel storyline. Dark Horse Comics might be interested(if you went thru the proper channels)?

There is always Prometheus 3!(I hope!)

BigDave

MemberDeaconSep-01-2015 4:40 PM

@sp_jockey

Yeah we have been in the dark as far as Prometheus 2 goes, Ridley did say in November 2014 they had a finished draft and he mentioned a bit about the movie and he said a bit more after shooting of the Martian was underway and a bit more when shooting finished, but he did not say to much because he does not want to have Prometheus 2 talk and news over shadow Promotion of The Martian..

We knew Ridley was working on a Sequel, Script was done and he knew roughly what they was doing as he gave a few clues..... but the rest we have been in the dark....  Everyone wondering when the movie would come out, if indeed it ever will and people was worried with the Schedule of Actors and Ridley and with Alien 5 comming out in a rumoured 2016 and slight confirmation that some Production had been started on it.... (but looks like just pre-production work).

So we never knew what was going on with Prometheus, i had said to many on here that look the movie will happen as Ridley wont be talking about it if its not part of his future plans and that he would most likely be working on Prometheus 2 after The Martian, unless he works on Alien 5 first but Prometheus 2 would be his next Director Role...  While i never and we never had nothing official about that, the comments Ridley had been making over the last 12 months pointed to such.

In end of March (2015) i had someone who had spoken to someone who claimed to have a bit of insight into the movie and seen some concept work and going by what they said the movies Final Draft was Finished in October, Concept work had been worked on and ideas of how to flesh out the Draft to Screen had been as far as conceptual as far back as by March 2015...  They sugested that Main Production would start by Fall 2015 and Shooting would finish by March 2016 but they said it could have been it starts March 2016 but if was 100% either is scheduled for the most part to Wrap up by end March or Start by March.

They gave some hints and described a few concept work that was seen and sugested that a March to May 2017 is likely release date...

Offcourse i said to take the above with pinch of salt when i posted it beginging of April, as i cant be sure if the person was making it all up....... as nothing Offical to back up any dates or time...

And as you said Space Jockey, we need to look at if January is when main Shooting starts, then Production of Sets and Props and Costumes would have to be worked on before hand and its why i said surely work on these in some part must have begun over the last 6 months or so,  and indeed it would have to be full steam ahead pretty soon on the Production Front...

Ridley would have indeed had finally settled with Fox with a Final Draft for Prometheus 2 just before Shooting was to start on The Martian and in breaks of shooting and working on that movie, i would ASSUME Ridley would have been thinking and putting to paper how he wants the Prometheus 2 draft to look on screen.  The Martian had finished all Shooting and work apart from Post Production by 2nd week in March. 

So yes i think that from March 2015 Ridley would have had more time to then work on Prometheus 2 ideas and how he wants things to look while also taking part in Post Production and Editing of The Martian.....

How far has Production for Prometheus 2 come?  We cant be sure, but i would say they should know what designs and looks they want and i would indeed say that Main Production as far as Sets and Props would certainly have to be started on By Next month if some or many have not already been worked on....

Ridley had been looking at Locations to Shoot Prometheus 2 earlier this year, when that was is unknown but would look likely after Shooting Wrapped up for The Martian in May.

Maybe this Coinsides with the time that the source who passed info onto me, managed to get some so called inside information (Assuming its true) if so then yes a Feb-March 2015 would have been a hot bed of goings on as far as work on Prometheus to comensing behind the scenes i.e concept work, themes, locations designs etc.

BigDave

MemberDeaconSep-01-2015 4:43 PM

@The First Child

would be interesting to read your work, hopefully someone in the right place can read it and who knows.. as far as a Novel or Graphic Novel goes... but as far as being considered for Prometheus 2....

They have a Final Draft as of end of October 2014 after about 15 different re-writes and i am sure if there is to be a Part 3 they would have the broad ideas of where they wish to go with this idea.....  Saying that who knows maybe if someone at Fox read your ideas they could incorpirate some of them but thats a long long shot.

But its always welcome to read Good Solid Fan Fiction... ;)

The First Child

MemberOvomorphSep-03-2015 3:02 PM

My draft is currently around 120 pages long. My hope since 2014 was for them to use a few scenes, mainly two or three involving David And other Characters. I think that if I send it it would work in my favor as far as increasing my chances of being able to help out with the film. Has anyone written a draft for Prometheus 3? because if they cannot use any of my work for 2 maybe they can use it for 3.

BigDave

MemberDeaconSep-03-2015 3:27 PM

You will have to try and find the right people to submit it to, but you cant garuntee anything would get used, but then there is no harm in trying....

I kinda started work on a Prometheus 2 draft too most of it i had main points fleshed out but the one thing i kept having problems with was the Engineers and Paradise and how this all fitted in, and especially when tried fit it with the LV 223 outpost and Xeno... i just had a number of different ways this could go, that all seemed to contradict other elements, i was trying to losely tie stuff to Ancient Mythos in Mankinds History but it proved hard to get a exact idea i liked.....

And i had to bare in mind that most of my ideas where something that would not fit with the Cut of Prometheus we got, but more based off the Total Prometheus movie that was Shot but not shown....

I did toy with a slimmed down Agenda that would fit more with the edited Prometheus but again i felt it never fitted right and the route they seem to be going may not quite fit right with the foundations the movie tried to show.

I guess thats why the draft needed 15 re-writes before a Final One got the Green Light and thats nearly double what Prometheus had so even Ridley and Fox had a sticking point!

Be interesting to see how you tackled this!

The First Child

MemberOvomorphSep-04-2015 7:07 PM

My contact is a man who works on a popular TV channel. Very nice guy. as I said before my main hope has always been to just have them use a few scenes and concepts. They added new concepts to Prometheus when Lindeof came on the scene, could they do the same?

MonsterZero

MemberXenomorphSep-05-2015 6:27 AM

@The First Child

I think you should set your sights much higher! Ridley,Lucas, cameron, etc.. too don't have much longer to live. We need new filmakers to fill their spots. I suggest film school. Get a degree in screenwriting(if you don't already have one). Start storyboarding like Ridley.

Look at Blomkamp:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neill_Blomkamp

I'd try to emulate that path.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/top-25-film-schools-united-721649

http://www.topuniversities.com/courses/communication-media-studies/top-film-schools-around-world

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Jonesy
Jonesy » Facehugger
91% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums