Godzilla Movie

Is Goji 2016 going to be larger than Legendary Godzilla?

2590 Views29 Replies
Forum Topic

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusAug-22-2015 1:39 AM

I was on WikiZillas page for the new 2016 Film and they said that Godzilla 2016 will be larger Legendary Goji. I'm not sure if this is true or not, so if any of you guys can confirm or not. Personally I don't think he should be bigger, but if he is portrayed like that I'm fine with it.

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."
29 Replies

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-22-2015 1:47 AM

Yes, they are going to top the size of Legendarys Godzilla!

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-22-2015 1:47 AM

Yes, they are going to top the size of Legendarys Godzilla!

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-22-2015 6:43 AM

If they really were I am sure Shinji Higuchi would have confirmed it by now. I personally don't believe it to be true, it would be to much of a slap in the face to the Legendary Godzilla; perhaps, it could be a possibility, but still I do not see it coming true.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 6:51 AM

A slap in the face to Legendary's Godzilla. That's what Toho is planning on doing GorillaGodzilla. 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Therizinosaurus Rex(aka Kaijusaurs)

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-22-2015 7:06 AM

^

Ehhhhhh I don't think so.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

Shin-Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-22-2015 8:31 AM

Yeah, they are not going to slap Legendary in the face when they helped make Godzilla a worldwide phenomenon again. Wikizilla is not the be all end of of future news either. I treat anything as rumor until I have official word.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 8:32 AM

The "biggest Godzilla yet" thing came out the same time the image of the foot was released.  It came with a note stating that it depicted a "max" size Godzilla.  The implications are pretty clear.  The same thing was repeated in the recent ABC interview with Shinji Higuchi.

And Toho is not slapping anyone around by making this Godzilla the biggest yet.  Remember, Toho liked Godzilla 2014.  It was recieved favorably in Japan, and Higuchi-San even hailed it as a "masterpiece".  So its not a move out of spite on Toho's part.  Whatever the reason, they've definitely got something big (pun intended) planned... ;)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-22-2015 8:34 AM

Ben,

I know you greatly love the japanese Godzilla more then the Legendary take, but Toho would never purposefully slap in the face a film that revived Godzilla.

They know very well the Hollywood take is near and dear to the Godzilla franchise, so please don't say something so competitive as having Toho wanted to compete with Legendary. Cause when it comes down to the Box-Office, which is what all these film developers are doing this for mainly, Legendary is still dominante for the simple reason of it being a Block-Buster film.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 8:43 AM

GorillaGodzilla,

Have you by chance seen what Shinji Higuchi did for the titans in the attack on titan film?

Look at how big he made them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF16sp7J0M

If this is any indication, Godzilla may be as tall or made to seem that tall.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-22-2015 8:45 AM

I think it's adorable you all associate Godzilla's size with some kind of intended  insult. He could be larger for story purposes, or for the sake of the spectacle of it all, not just to spite a movie they like.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 8:47 AM

Now, I'm not fighting or arguing but, I personally believe that Shinji Higuchi is going to make Godzilla bigger than Legendary's. The fact that Legendary's performed well at the box office in Japan and was recieved well doesn't mean squat.

Toho has already made Godzilla films that far succedded the Legendary's Godzilla years prior, and Shinji Higuchi's attack on titan actually beat DreamWorks Minions during release. That is the first Tokusatsu film in years to do so. So, what makes you think that Godzilla 2016 will not do the same thing and far exceed Legendary's?

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 8:48 AM

For all we know, Toho may just be making this a competition. If that's what they intend on doing then I say let them go full throtle with it.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 8:56 AM

@GorillaGodzilla,

That was the wrong link, here is the right one. youtu.be/InF16sp7J0M 

sorry.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2015 8:58 AM

Something Real

MemberGodzillaAug-22-2015 7:52 PM

GODZILLA316 - My desire for Godzilla in Toho's 2016 release has nothing to do with size and everything to do with cinematography, story and atmosphere! I generally care little for the overall stature of the monsters which grace the films I enjoy; it is all a matter of how the monsters impact the setting. As an aside, I notice that there are some individuals whom feel that there is a rivalry between Edwards' Godzilla and Toho's. This I find to be silly; Godzilla is Godzilla - the great monster we all know and love! These films should not divide us - they should unite us in celebrating our shared delight! :)

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-23-2015 6:45 AM

I have no idea why this sparked a debate. Toho confirmed that the 2016 Godzilla would be the largest Godzilla on film yet a long time ago, and Shinji Higuchi said the same thing in a recent video. It's not an insult to the Legendary Godzilla, it's just Toho trying to "outdo" Legendary by having the biggest Godzilla on screen.

And Wikizilla is not a site that just makes up rumors, they actually use sources for claims such as that.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-23-2015 8:38 AM

@The king of the monsters,

I'm curious to know what resources wikizilla uses? 

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-23-2015 12:04 PM

Wikizilla is, "Rarely" and I mean RARELY right on these types of things.

They believed many false things about Godzilla 2014 back before the film, rarely can you trust Wikizilla.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-23-2015 12:08 PM

Yeah, wikizilla is about as trustworthy as Toho kingdom.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-23-2015 1:26 PM

Since when did this become a Wikizilla bashing thread? Wikizilla never makes a claim without a source anymore. That was back in the dark days before Wikizilla had any content control and was just a ripoff of TK that plagiarized from other sites. In the last couple years, Wikizilla has become far more reliable than pretty much any Western Godzilla site, behind sites like SciFi Japan and blogs from people like August Ragone. People assume that just because it's a wiki, it's automatically unreliable and should never be trusted. People need to take a look at Wikipedia and IMDb's Godzilla articles if they want to see real inaccuracy.

For claims like this, Wikizilla refers to news articles from reliable sources, for the most part Japanese ones or ones featuring interviews with individuals connected to the production. The source that first confirmed that Godzilla 2016 would exceed the size of Legendary's Godzilla is this article from Oricon.com published on April 1st, when Anno and Higuchi were first confirmed. Though the article is in Japanese, it states that the new Godzilla film will be set in Japan, and the size of the new Godzilla will "far exceed" the 108 meter size of the Hollywood Godzilla, making it the largest Godzilla so far. I heard Shinji Higuchi reiterated this in a recent interview, but I am not sure exactly sure where to find it.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-23-2015 1:40 PM

No offense but, wiki is just...wiki. 

Unit someone like August Ragone confirms it, I'll believe it. Now of course I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything. I have stated it many times that I personally want Godzilla to be 120 meters tall. If you can find that link I will greatly appreciate it.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-23-2015 1:56 PM

Wikis are not all unreliable, especially ones that have regular editors who monitor content. Wikis are not just fan sites that make stuff up, they are encyclopedic sites run by fans  that research and collect information about different topics. Some Wikis are unreliable, but Wikizilla is not one of them because it has content control and provides sources for major claims. Wikizilla did not fabricate this, it comes from a Japanese article, which I provided in the above post. If you didn't see it, here it is again: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2050936/full/

Wikizilla isn't even the only source to report this. Toho Kingdom reported it as well, citing the very same article, as well as another one which included the picture of the new Godzilla's foot and stated that it is the footprint of the new "maximum size" Godzilla. If you're not going to trust a wiki, you can at least check the sources it provides.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-23-2015 2:07 PM

It's still not enough conclusive evidence, just like T.Rex having feathers.

No offense, but until I see Shinji Higuchi say, "Godzilla 2016 will be 120 meters" I am not buying any of this.

Good grief.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-23-2015 2:11 PM

Nobody said anything about Godzilla 2016 being 120 meters. Just that it would be bigger than Godzilla 2014. If you aren't convinced by the very website that confirmed Anno and Higuchi in the first place stating this, then you are just in denial for some reason.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-23-2015 2:16 PM

The website you showed has had no, "Real" credibible things come true.

If it was Forbes who said this, sure, Kotaku? Sure. Not Oricon, they very well could just be having a massive troll to the fan base, like that mysterious artwork that showed up and then disappeared.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-23-2015 3:08 PM

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_Godzilla_Reboot_(2016) 

Is this what you were talking about? @The king of the monsters.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-23-2015 3:12 PM

Please remember that Toho kingdom is just a fan website NOT associated with the company Toho in any way. They suggest that Godzilla during the showa era had regenerative healing abilities which is not true. So, if that doesn't prove that they aren't reliable, then what does? 

Ghidorahnumber1

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-23-2015 5:10 PM

What does Toho Kingdom have anything to do with this? Yes, all fan sites have their inaccuracies, but Wikizilla strives to find and list sources for everything on the site. Wikizilla has recently removed quite a bit of inaccuracies, mainly the unmade films and monsters. Wikizilla also has admins that frequent the Japanese internet and finds information no other site has.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-24-2015 2:33 PM

@Ghidorahnumber1,

The thing is, wikizilla or even Wikipedia hasn't been around as long as the likes of August Ragone, Steve Ryfle, David Kalaat, and Ed Godz. These men have dedicated their lives to learning everything they could about Godzilla, the production time, etc. Way long before the internet ever came about. I'll take their word before wiki any day.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums