Godzilla Movie

a little thing someone sent to me this evening [fake]

Locked4800 Views17 Replies
Forum Topic

krif33

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-21-2015 7:21 PM

hello,

i illustrate for a living and have a lot of friends who work in the movie industry, namely at disney and warner brothers. i was sent this earlier tonight from one of those friends:

possible concept art from the upcoming godzilla sequel which i believe was confirmed to feature rodan and mothra

i apologize for the extremely poor quality. there are two very good reasons for this

1 - i have a samsung chrono 2 phone which takes absolutely crap quality pictures at a 500x375 resolution

2 - i do not want to risk both me or my friend being sent a cease-and-desist letter from wb or legendary

speculate on, godzilla fans. consider this a "first-look" ;)

17 Replies

gojifreak23

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-21-2015 10:00 PM

Kewl, I know they're concept art but i hope they look like that in the movie!

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-21-2015 10:03 PM

I have seen enough concept art in my life to say that this is fan-made, but clearly NOT concept art!

This is what concept art looks like:

http://conceptartworld.com/

And if this is concept art – which i really doubt – legendary should fire that guy. ;)

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-21-2015 11:38 PM

No evidence to proove or disproove this. 

Good drawings though.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJul-22-2015 12:50 AM

KRIF33 - Welcome to SCIFIED! It is always quite agreeable to see new faces! I greatly appreciate that you took the time to share these very compelling images with us; if they happen to be actual conceptual imagery from Legendary's upcoming sequal to Edwards' Godzilla, I am extremely excited to uncover the scenes to which they belong! Once again, welcome to SCIFIED! :)

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-22-2015 3:51 AM

most likely fan art but they look pretty nice. they could be early rough drafts of concept art but im not really sure

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJul-22-2015 7:08 AM

These are amazing!

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

krif33

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-22-2015 11:50 AM

thank you for the warm welcome Something Real :)

@DestoroyahX

i'm not 100% convinced either, but most of the works you've posted are complete concepts and scenery concepts, the ones i was sent appear to be unfinished. remember: these are very early concept sketches, the movie isn't due for another three years and this is the time that rough ideas for the creatures are created.

if you are skeptical about the rough look to the sketches, many pieces of conceptual art are drawn this way. here are a few from the 1998 godzilla movie:

i have recieved various pieces of behind-the-scenes artwork from other warner bros movies in the past thanks to this friend. i have seen art from movies like clash of the titans and green lantern before their release. 

granted, it could be fan art, but i have a hunch its not. we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-22-2015 12:36 PM

Llike Daikaiju Danielle wrote: No evidence to proove or disproove this. :P

And i leave this one here:

Rodan Concept Art

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJul-22-2015 1:05 PM

KRIF33 - You are most welcome! :)

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-22-2015 1:57 PM

Hmm, seem's like it could be legit. But you never know, you're friend could very well be trolling.

Good grief.

ZillaJrKaijuKing

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-23-2015 11:10 AM

I'm sorry, but after seeing an actual article written about this on Scified, I just have to say it.

The pictures are fan art.  OP told me yesterday over at Toho Kingdom Forums that this is a trick.  I tried to not be a buzzkill, but I couldn't hold it in any longer.  The leak is fake.

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-23-2015 12:32 PM

It's Fan-Art!

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-23-2015 4:00 PM

The two above me are correct. It is indeed fan art. After studying the art itself and the background of the computer, it looks to me like an imgur account in which the images could have been played with to make it look real. Sorry but, truth be told it is fan art. Nice drawings though.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-23-2015 5:05 PM

The background is actually the interface of the Programm Adobe Photoshop! :P

krif33

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-23-2015 6:56 PM

Ahhh, someone figured it out! :P

Yeah, it's fake. Sorry to mislead you all. Wanted to pull a harmless prank on the Godzilla fandom and see how easy it would be to trick people.

Yup, fake! Fake as can be!

Triple X

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-23-2015 7:19 PM

Yeeeaaahhh … Nooooo! Fooling someone by using the art of another person to gain attention … is a really bad move. I think we can close/delete this discussion now, and ignore your future postings, at least i am! ;)

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJul-23-2015 10:01 PM

You need a new hobby Krif.

Closed.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
Add A Reply
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums