Alien Movie Universe

Paradise release sooner than expected?

1903 Views17 Replies
Forum Topic

Midnightexpress

MemberOvomorphJul-14-2015 10:47 AM

I think you have noticed for some time, the official facebook of Prometheus is becoming more active. Is it not intented to consolidate the fan community before the annoncement of the production / set of Prometheus Sequel -Paradise- ??

Then we know that Ridley Scott still has no plans after The Martian and is capable to make a movie in less than twelve months.

Alien V was rewritten to not be incoherent with Prometheus 2...

At the beginning of the year, Noomi Rapace spoke about a shooting at the end of the year for the sequel.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i have the feeling that something is up, i think this is the right moment to comeback with the Prometheus world!!

Sir Ridley Scott is expected to sign a big hit with The Martian, it promises for the future!

17 Replies

Midnightexpress

MemberOvomorphJul-14-2015 10:54 AM

sorry for ma language, i don't speak very well english :)

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-14-2015 5:20 PM

Welcome aboard and dont worry about the Language Barrier, its my native Language as i am English but then my spelling is not good so people have more problems making sense of my posts lol

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-14-2015 5:20 PM

I would say not as soon as maybe Originally expected, but then the March 2016 release date was never officially confirmed by FOX

The Sequel will happen, it has been happening almost as of 2012 maybe even as far back as Final Editing of Prometheus as far as why some Scenes had been cut....  Ridley even said and Lindeloff too that some Scenes was cut because they did not want to give too much away about these Engineers which logically meant they was saving it for a sequel Ridley even went as far as to say the Elder Scene was cut because it gave too much away and he was not impressed with how these Godlike Creators had came across, they was not as awe inspiring as he had wanted. 

Afterwards Ridley came out and said after anouncing Prometheus 2 that they did not wish to meet God in the first movie, which could go to explain maybe a reason for cutting the Elder Scene.

They had ideas of roughly where they wanted to take the Sequel in 2012... work began on the sequel as far back as Summer 2013 where Ridley and Fox had been in talks with Jack Paglen to do a Script for the movie based off ideas that Ridley and Fox had penned down.

By the end October 2013 Ridley had confirmed that the Draft by Paglan was ready to go after a number of re-writes... but off course Ridley had a Schedule and so did Rappace and Fassbender... things had gone quiet... But Ridley had confirmed that work had been underway with two movies as far as working on Drafts, this is most likely Prometheus 2 and Bladerunner but it could be Prometheus 3 ideas too?

Come March 2014 it was announced that Micheal Green would re-work Paglans Final Draft and that Ridley would be working on Prometheus 2 as Producer and Director and that he may not Direct Bladerunner 2

Also during the Summer of 2014 Dark Horses had been working on a Prometheus Comic Book series Fire and Stone that would link with a Aliens and Aliens vs Predator Comic series under the same name and Dark Horse Studios had sat down with Ridley to make sure none of the stuff in the Comics as far as the Engineers and LV 223 conflict too much with what Ridley wants to cover for the franchise.

As of October 2014 Ridley had said that they have the Script for Prometheus 2 finished, after a rumoured 15 drafts in total (Paglen/Green), no set date for when Production would begin but by now its confirmed it is happening and Ridley will sacrifice work on Bladerunner 2 to work on Prometheus 2 but he would still play a part in Bladerunner.

Sometime during the 2nd part of shooting for Chappie (between March-April 2014) Blomkamp had announced that during this period he had been working on a story for a sequel to Aliens which he latter announced in February of this year that Fox liked the pitched idea and that the movie would be given a Green Light.

Around March Blomkamp had announced that his Alien 5 movie is happening and its expected in 2016 and that he had a lot of talks with Ridley Scott to change some elements so as to not conflict or condradict with Prometheus 2, which is a sign that Blompkamp would have a lot of insight into what Ridley plays with Prometheus 2

News has been slow over the last few months, but we have to realise that Ridley had been working on the Martian throughout a lot of late 2014 all the way to March/April 2015 and it could be likely behind the scenes after April of this year Ridley would have more time on his hands to work on Prometheus 2 as far as Pre-Production but nothing Official has been said about this...   Once the Martian is released and in the run up to it, i expect that Ridley would be more open to talk about Prometheus 2 and we would get more idea about the movie.

Ridley keeps things close to his chest, unlike Blomkamp whos mention of Alien 5 had taken the Shine off Chappie, i am sure Ridley would want to Promote the Martian and not be dragged into the interviews being about his next projects.

So as far as Prometheus 2 goes, the Draft is Done, Ridley would no doubt know what he wants as far as the look and feel of the movie, its scenes, locations and Monsters etc... but how far he has got as far as actually getting concept work done on it and planning shooting locations and pre-production to start as well as who to cast... we just dont know but i am sure more on this would happen after The Martian hits the Screens in October.

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-14-2015 5:30 PM

I will add and while this cant be taken as official or indeed true... i had heard off someone who had spoken to someone who had information on the next movie... yes sounds a bit a friend of a friend of a friend... as so take it as a pinch of Salt...

This information i was given in March i think maybe end Febuary...

This source as said the movies Draft is done, Ridley and his team have sat down and thrashed out roughly what they want for the movie...  The final draft was finished and ready as of October 2014...

They said that the movie has not moved forwards because of commitments by Ridley Scott and other members and also Cast Members Schedules but that the Actors who had busy Schedules should be free as of after Fall this year.

They said the movie should begin Production as of Novermber 2015 and this should finish by March when Shooting would be underway.  The movies Budget will be 50% more than previous movie however they did want $200M

As far as a release date they was not sure but said that both Alien 5 and Prometheus 2 would be worked on in part together and that the movies would be released within 6 months of each other.

And that one movie would be out 2016 but the other would be 2017, they assume a Summer-Fall 2016 and Spring-Summer 2017 release dates. But they said its most likely that Alien 5 would come out first around Summer 2016 30 years after Aliens and that Prometheus 2 would be out 2017.

Again this is to be taken with a pinch of salt but the same leak told me about Transcendence Plot etc 5-6 months before release and about 80% of what was said was spot on...

They also said that as months go on and around end of Summer more information would come to light that would support their claims and especially after the Martian hits UK Screens.

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-16-2015 6:03 AM

Looking logically at a release date we have to consider all the production time that goes into a Movie...

Once a Movies Draft has been finished, then they usually begin Pre-Production but some elements of this can happen before a Final Draft is made but this depends on what kind of movie we are getting (i.e based off true story or not) but generally Pre-Production begins once a Draft is complete but even then Pre-Production can happen months after a Draft is complete.

Pre-Production would include, Budget planning, passing on ideas of the look and feel the Producers want of the movie to Concept Artist who then once they have their work aproved this can then go onto actually Pre-Production of some of these ideas.  Then they would work out shooting locations and the like.

Finally we get them to finialise the cast and start Principal photography which is dependant on Actors Scedules after this we would still have a time period of where Music and Sound is added, where after effects and CGI is added and then when that is all done we finally have editing of the movie.

At Present the movie could be in Pre-Production especially after The Martian is wrapped up, what is for certain is the movie has a Draft and the Producers etc would know what kind of look they want from the movie.. as far as how far this has come with regards to Concept Work by Artists etc we cant be sure... but certainly look like Ridley would have some of his doodles done.

A main delay for the movie would be freeing up Cast Members, and we know for certain that Fassbender and Rappace have been cast and so filming would only mainly start once their schedules are free which seems to be the case come this Fall.

If this is the case, then shooting a movie can take between 4-12 months depending on amount of scenes etc but its safe to assume that no Shooting has started yet and if it starts this fall then i would think to have it finished by March 2016 would be very optimistic.  Then we have other aspects that follow after Principal photography has been finished.

So i would say a March 2016 date is a no go.... and if Production starts this fall including Principal photography   then i cant see the movie being finished for release untill after September 2016 at the very earliest.

Once the Martian is out this Fall i am sure we would get some idea of the progress of Prometheus 2 that we can gauge a expected release date....  The souce i got information off Predicts a March to June 2017 release date which i think could well be logical.

sp_jockey

MemberOvomorphJul-16-2015 7:50 PM

BigDave has it summarized pretty well. What nags at me and keeps me awake at night (yes I am that big of a fan) are some of the more big unknown questions. Like what Ridley wants to direct next. Would he really want to direct another Sci Fi movie on the heels of The Martian? And then there is Fox. It seems that Prometheus is practically a forgotten movie 3 years after it was released. The big talk is about Blomkamp Alien 5. Maybe Fox sees much more profit potential towards Alien 5. Prometheus 2 is more of a gamble, and it seems that the fan base is not nearly so solid. A $200M investment in a Prometheus sequel? They just might decide to pass. 

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-17-2015 6:10 PM

I would not quite say so... i dont think Fox has given up on Prometheus i would instead think that Prometheus is important to Fox and more so to Ridley... dont forget the reasons for doing Prometheus..?

The idea was to go and explain the Mystrey of the Space Jockey, who his Race was, why did they have that Cargo and what connection they had to it, why was the Space Jockey carrying those Eggs? where was he going? as well as who the Space Jockey was and what connection they had with the Xeno.

And Spaights did a draft that went on to show us this a more Alien Prequel that had a lot of Xeno Connections and explanations for the connections but it also revealed some interesting points about the Space Jockey Race and its purpose...

Ridley was happy with this.... But some people in Fox felt it was too much connected to another ALIEN MOVIE that had been done before they was interested in the Space Jockey (Engineers) explanation and links but felt that as we have seen the Xeno done over and over that something new would be better and Lindeloff was brought onboard who changed and evolved some of Spaights ideas as far as the Engineers and tonned down the Xeno DNA... Fox was happy and Ridley felt it made sense as we had seen the Xeno and roughly seen a lot of them over and over.. while we have not been spoon fed how they came to be or the Space Jockeys Story, Ridley agreed that following the route of the Space Jockey who was now a Race of Advanced Humanoid Genetic Engineers who played a part in our creation as well as untold other lifeforms on other worlds.. opened up a new area to explore and steer away from the Alien Franchise that had been done to death.

This showed that Fox had taken a like to shifting away from the Xeno and Eggs and explore the Space Jockey (Engineers) more.... rather than see another Alien movie, but give us something different as we never got to find out about who that Space Jockey was..

But i think Fox and Ridley was dispointed with the reception that Prometheus had gotten, they thought they was doing the right thing by going away from the Xeno etc.. as it had been shown over and over in the Alien Franchise and anyone who could peice together what those movies showed plus the links in Prometheus however vague should surely had known enough about the Xeno and Space Jockey connection, without showing a movie that showed exactly what happend to the Space Jockey and the exact Origins of the Xeno..

They wanted to explore something new.. there was more to the Space Jockey (Engineers) than the Xeno, and now even more to them than just creating Mankind.

But for a number of fans Prometheus never answered those Questions, it also led to hints of Xeno DNA and the Black Goo and Murals but left more Questions than Answers.. if also never explained the Xeno Orgins or Space Jockey in a Spon Fed Manner or even showed enough Xeno DNA to keep fans happy.

Sadly many casual Alien Fans and Hard Core fans expected more Xeno connections and DNA.

I am sure that they want to make a movie that explored another direction but may be forced to Answer the Questions Fans wanted.....

The anouncement of Alien 5 proved a blessing because this could provide the Fans with their Xeno Fix while allowing Ridley to explore the Space Jockeys more in Prometheus 2....

The fact that Alien 5 had to change some of its plot so as to not step on the toes of Ridleys ideas for Prometheus 2 and not vice versa, and how Ridley is granted Producer role on Alien 5 and is Sacrificing Director Role in Bladerunner 2 shows how Important Prometheus 2 is, and by Virtue that Alien 5 has to be changed to fit with and not contradict Prometheus 2 shows that Prometheus 2 is seen as the more important movie to Ridley and Fox...

Its a chance to provide something Epic... while allowing Alien 5 to provide the cash cow and popcorn to please the Alien Fan Boys..

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-17-2015 6:35 PM

I would also add that Prometheus lended to a Sequel... Ridley even said so.... the movies ending was very open and in a way that led to Two Out Comes as far as potential Sequels even Two Seperate Sequels or a movie that has two plots.....

The Alien Franchise not so much.... ok ALIEN was kind of left open, we see the Alien fired out into Space and have to ask is that it.. does it die?  Or can it live or could some other ship recover the Alien or its body and experiment on it? Then we have Special Order 937 this leads more to a sequel potential because of the company so badly wanted to get its hands on a Organism from LV 426... would they not plan to go back to LV 426.. as well there was more Eggs than the one that infected Kane.

We never saw a Sequel untill 7 years in which ALIENS followed the ideas of Special Order 937, the company set up a Teraforming Coloney on LV 426 and it appears the company knew about the Organism and maybe Hadleys Hope was a way to get the Organism.... like Alien the movie ended with the Alien blown into Space which leaves us with as with Alien do they and can they recover the floating Alien Organism in Space? But Aliens went futher to show us that Hadleys Hope was Nuked and thus led us to think the Xeno Hive and Derelict where Destroyed!!! 

Which led to less chance of a possible Sequel.... unless they explored the Space Jockey as surely he was not the only one of his Race and surely that Ship was not the only one with the said Cargo? Or if not then still what else does the Space Jockey have in connection to the Xeno? But this was something never answered or looked into.. instead..

Alien 3 showed us that somehow the survivors of Aliens had been killed as a few Xeno Eggs got on board the Sulaco and we see a Face Huger infect a Dog/Cow (depending on Cut of the movie) but at the end of the movie we see a infected with a Xeno Queen Ripley jump into a Pit of Molten Hot Metal During Chest Bursting and thus killing of the Xeno as the other one on the lose was killed, and we was let to assume that Ripley provided the only source to a Xeno after Hadleys Hope and Derelict was destroyed.

Thus Alien 3 ended with pretty much no way to bring back the Xeno apart from again going to the Space Jockey Race and why they had those Eggs and is the Derelict the only ship in the Universe where those Eggs and Xeno are...

But in Alien Resurection they came up with cloning Ripleys DNA obtained from Alien 3 to create a variety of Clones in the aim  of getting a cloned Ripley that was carrying a Xeno Queen... yep silly idea how they planed that...

But again at the end... the Xenos are dead and we assume that Ripleys DNA was the only way to the Xeno DNA and so the only way a Alien 5 could work was by futher experiments on Ripley 8 to again optain some form of Xeno DNA... or for Alien 5 to be set prior to Alien 3.... (which Alien 5 is ) or again to go the route of the Space Jockey Race and what connection they have with the Xeno... i.e was LV 426 and the Derelict the only Xenos in the Universe...

But with Prometheus it lends more to a Sequel than say Aliens onwards did..... we have on one Half David and Shaw on a Engineer Ship off to find the Engineers Homeworld... do they just leave the movie at that and we never find out about their journey... and the other Half... we have LV 223 thats close to LV 426 that holds not only Engineer Temples with the Deacon at the end of the movie on the lose, but the Hammerpedes and as David said many more Engineer ships which could mean more Temples...

And Shaws SOS, and the company no doubt wanting to find out what became of Prometheus as well as what happens and why no mention or why the company goes through all the futile ways to get Xeno DNA from Alien to Alien R when LV 223 has a whole lot more Technology and Bio Weapons the Company could get its hands on..

So yeah Prometheus set up more for  a sequel than the other movies, and Ridley and Fox seem to be prioritising Prometheus 2 over Alien 5, Prometheus 2 was happening way before and Alien 5 gives Fox a way to please Alien fans and connect the Engineers and Xeno and Goo more so that Prometheus 2 is free to explore something else.

Prometheus 2 is happening and will happen and the average waiting time between Alien movies is what? 6 years? and so a 5 year wait from Prometheus to Prometheus 2 is not that long after all..

I think Prometheus 2 will happen and it will happen by late 2017 at the latest...

sp_jockey

MemberOvomorphJul-18-2015 11:34 AM

Prometheus being set up for a series of movies does not obligate Fox to follow through on the original plan, or intention. Fox still has to answer to its shareholders, and they will never green light a movie that they deem has too much risk in losing money, or not pulling enough of a profit to justify the investment.

Fox has already made its decision, and we'll eventually find out, probably around the time they are promoting The Martian as BigDave mentioned. Prometheus was successful because of the broad scale anticipation of Ridley returning to his original Alien movie. That anticipation resulted good profit but with a polarized reception. The current climate is completely different than it was about 4 years ago. 

We hear some positive things about scripts being ready and enthusiasm from the key actors, as well as a whole heap of rumours. I love to hear it, and it's encouraging. What we don't know about yet are committments by the key decision makers in official public announcements.  And until that day finally comes, how can we, who are just fans, say that a Prometheus sequel will happen? 

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-18-2015 4:51 PM

You make some good points, but i do think Promethues 2 will happen, how soon however depends we really dont have anything offical to go by and hopefully after The Martian is out then Ridley could tease and talk about his next plans..

Ridley has in his comments sugested the movie is happening, he has not given us any information on when however,  but i dont think Ridley would come out and talk so much in the way he has done in his last two interviews where he covered the Topic without knowing that Fox are going to make the movie... if he is in the dark then i suspect he would say something like.... "we have a idea of where we want to go, we have a draft but with regards to if and when these ideas will be put to film is not down to me" "we shall just have to wait and see"

You made a good point about Fox thinking about the Money though Prometheus made back over 3X its cost and that would be considered a good return  when you consider Pacific Rim only made double its money.

But i dont know if they would give Ridley a much higher budget to play with, a source informed me its 50% more but Ridley wanted double Prometheus Budget but this is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

So as far as Fox and money goes, then i would agree that if Ridley wants to make the Franchise a 3 part one, then he would have to hope Prometheus 2 not only does well at the Box office (if its made) but it would also have to be better recieved than the first movie...

But for Fanboys Alien 5 seems a 100% Go Ahead... and i for one am not looking forwards to this movie much..... for the following.

1) They are setting it before Alien 3 and Alien R which could effect them as Canon, due to point (2), instead of setting it after Alien R or even in the same timeframe as Alien 3...

2) Ripley again.. why? she is becoming like Alien Franchises Freddy.. or Jason.. But they plan to have the movie set after Aliens and replace Alien 3 and Alien R which ok could work.. if done right ut i fear, and especially if this movie does well at the Box Office that Fox will Cash Cow the Franchise and we see a Alien 6 Alien 7 and hey maybe Ripley becomes infected with Engineer Tech or DNA or Xenos and becomes like Ripley 8 and so we get Aliens vs Predator Vs Ripley 8......  Also rumours she could apear in Prometheus 2?  I hope not, but i did have her as a Camero as a relation to Shaw in my Prometheus 2 draft that i stoped work on.

3) Niel Blomkamp.... ok District 9 was decent movie, But Elysium and Chappie while some parts looked decent, it lacked anything special but i guess Draft can have a lot to do with that... while i respect Niel Blomkamp i am not sure he is the man to pull of a new Alien 5 movie and give us a movie that betters the ones after Aliens and comes close to Alien or Aliens but then thats a big ask anyway.

So yes on one hand i am looking forwards to a new Alien movie and there is some interesting ideas, but i am a bit 50/50 on how this could go, it could be Fantastic... something fresh and a worthy addition to making a New Alien Trilogy (replacing Alien 3 and Alien R) but then it could just be a re-hash cash cow movie and thus a AVP minus Predators.. or like the latest and next Expendables movie.

I think Prometheus plot is something more fresh to explore, and hope Fox does not show favortism to Alien 5...

But i dont think thats the case because it was Alien 5 that has had to change elements by Ridley and Fox rather than Prometheus 2 draft having to change things to cater for Blomkamps Alien 5

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-18-2015 4:57 PM

Saying that Alien 5 has some new Concept Art released....

But the sources who released this, have gone down the line that so far Fox is interested in Blomkamps ideas, but no Cast has been attached to the movie and no word on a Final Draft and so while Alien 5 could most likely be happening as with Prometheus 2 there is no official confirmation nevermind any dates set for release and so both movies can not be classed as 100% Green Lighted yet.

Midnightexpress

MemberOvomorphJul-19-2015 12:49 AM

Thank you for the summary of the last 3 years. Making this film is a fucking battle.

I really hope Prometheus 2 will come out before the next Alien by Neill Blomkamp. Honestly, i think the projet of a new Alien 3 is shit, the death of Ripley is perfect in Fincher's movie, why rewrite it?

Prometheus 2 is much more intersting and his approach is original, there is a way to do something new and remarkable!

Yesterday, the facebook of Prometheus movie posted another picture, and Examiner.com dit an article saying that Noomi Rapace is back and ready to shoot now! It's time...

http://www.examiner.com/review/ridley-scott-s-prometheus-2-to-be-released-march

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-20-2015 9:23 AM

Well i think Fox had no real idea of where to go with the Franchise and it was some of them who got Spaights Prometheus draft changed and re-written by Lindeloff to make a less Alieny movie, and to concentrate on the Space Jockey as opposed to the Xeno etc.

But Prometheus got some negative reviews and reception for being a Alien Prequel that failed to deliver on the Alien Prequel side of things, and maybe Fox may have wondered would a more Xeno connection and movie had done better?

Alien 3 and Alien R have always been recieved as being disapointments to the Franchise, by the fans and also the casual viewers just saw Alien R as oh my another done before Alien movie...

Blomkamp also felt this way and that Alien 3 and Alien R did not do justice to Alien and Aliens and so he came up with his own idea of how he would have done a Sequel to Aliens... and it seemed Fox liked his ideas and his ideas gave Fox a chance to explore the Xeno again in a sequel to Aliens that could not only give the fans the Xenos back but also provide and touch up on some links between the Derelict and Space Jockey Race and Technology which the Alien Franchise passed by.

This could be used to cover and link elements of the Xeno to the Space Jockey Race (Engineers) and thus free up Prometheus 2 to not have to go into detail regarding such questions.

And i think this is why we are seeing the movie made, i think yes why do a Alien movie and bring Ripley back and the incontinuity problems, unless they pass Alien 3 and Alien R as Cryo Sleep Dreams? But my concerns as could they not come up with anything Original that has to include Ripley, and how are they going to cover the fact she has aged some 30 years but to be fair she does not look 30 years older than in Aliens and CGI overlay could airbrush signs of Age from her..

I guess the whole point is that Blomkamps Aliens Sequel must actually sound like a better idea than Alien 3.  But its can some cool ideas on paper translate to on screen and doing a re-hash of the Alien Franchise i think could be a bit of a churning out a cash cow.... but there seems to be some interesting Elements to Blomkamps movie ideas than they go back find the Derelict with Eggs and then we get a Face Hugger that produces a Queen to Lay Eggs or Mass use of Face Hugers to create Xeno Drones or Warriors.

Nope there seems more to it than that, a concern is that if this movie is well recieved we could see Ripley be used in a Alien 6 and Alien 7 at the expense of the expanding Prometheus Universe.... the movie Franchise should be explored more about the Weyland Yutani companies... the Androids... what else the companies do, and explore our Engineers more, what is their purpose and Agenda and Hierarchy what else are they involved in and have created and who created them etc..... and yes maybe explore different kinds of Alien based on Xeno DNA....   

But i fear it will just be used to bring back the Xenos and more so to give us that the whole Franchise is all about RIPLEY which it is not!!!!

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-20-2015 9:59 AM

As far as the website and release of Prometheus 2 in March this is not official and i cant see this happening unless the movie is the following.... and many scenes already shot and they kept it secret...

1) The movie is mainly just about David and Shaw and finding Engineers and maybe another Race or Bieng at the top of the chain.

2) We will see a new Monster or Monsters either came across or created by Davids Actions when they get to Paradise.

Thus little cast apart from a few to play Engineers/Elders or and new Race at the top of the chain of Hierarchy and who is to say this would be Human Looking?   And then a few Alien Monsters would all mean a movie that has very few Shooting Locations, very few Cast and that a lot of the work can be done by Prop Designers and CGI and so actual shooting of Scenes could have happened for a few or indeed would not take long to shoot... i.e 3-5 weeks Tops.

If this is the case and we see little or no Scenes from Earth or Weyland Company Headquarters and if the movie does not include a mission to LV 223 but maybe at some point signs of a mission setting off towards the system that is saved for another movie... like the End of Prometheus with David and Shaw going off in a Engineer Ship.

Then yes a movie like this could be shot and wrapped up quick, but then post production can take 6-12 months... so unless a lot of work has been done as far as Props, CGI and the look of the Locations etc.. i would still think a MARCH 2016 Release date is very very in fact extreamly unlikely.

But we cant be sure if the movie would be as bare bones as the above....

Looking at Schedules of Actors and especially Fassbender he has a busy one but thats not stopped him over the last 18 months shooting scenes for many a movie.... he is currently shooting X-men  Apocalypse that will wrap up soon.... then he is set to shoot Assassin's Creed Septmember....  however movies can have shooting take part in sections i.e a movie does not have to shoot scenes say May-August it could do some May-June then Nov-December and then a few shots in Febuary etc...   And depending how much time Fassbender is on Screen in Prometheus 2 and Assassin's Creed then yes shooting of all Scenes for both movies could be done within 3 months.

But we still have post production.... Prometheus wrapped up shooting mainly by Mid June 2011 then they did 2 weeks about Mid July...  The movie did not get released untill nearly a year latter due to Post Production.

Actually also they had booked and spent a fair amount money in Spain on a few sets that never made it into the movie but had taken a reported 3 months, this was as long as the time spent on the Pinewood Sets and Iceland Combined.... for what the Scene of Weylands Dream on a Yacht Boat?  from Lindeloffs Draft....  and or Obelisk found under water in Spaights draft.... we have to ask if its true that a set and tank was hired for the movie from September to December thats very long time for those two short scenes... so maybe they was used for something else?

Final Scenes was Shot in January Isle of Skye but Ridley did have a habit of organising a lot of post production while main production was being done so to speed up things, main Post Production (CGI and 3D Work, Music and Sound effects and alterations Digitally) had began end of November but mainly occuried between December and Finished in March....  

Then April to May say the edit process take place...

When we take into account this then yes Ridley has a habit of being able to pace a movies Production well and get a release done fast.. but i would still say MARCH 2016 would be unlikely but a September 2016 or abouts could be possible... but it depends what the movies plot is about as far as scenes, locations, cast members and when any shooting has been done or starts.

However i willl add again a source informed me and take this with a Pinch of Salt that Pre-Production had began after November 2015 in part, but main Production will begin this November and Main Shooting would begin March 2016 and this source claims that they think the movies release would be March-May 2017

And claimed as of November comes this year more information will come to light to back up those claims.

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-21-2015 8:02 AM

Seems a lot of Prometheus News is comming out retaining to the so called leaks that i had given, i will say that as i have said these are to be taken with a pinch of salt and i cant say for sure if there is any truth to them, they do however  seem Plausible, we also have the Hell on Earth leaked Plot aswell and while Ridley or Fox has not confirmed or denied this information i would say it is Not so Plausible and i think its a wires crossing as far as maybe this is a leak to Alien 5 which looks set to take place more closer to home (Earth)

I will however cover what is more Offical now....

Prometheus 2 is happening, they have had the Final Draft as far as October 2014 and Ridley has had ideas of how he wants to portray the movie on screen as far as the look and theme and feel of the movie and has mentioned we will see New Species and a New Monster and so its logical to assume he knows roughly what he wants for the vission of such things but as far as how far that has got i,e concept work is unkown but i would assume he has done some pen to pencil Ridley Doodles.

But Ridley has been busy since Prometheus 2 Draft has been done and so has Noomi Rapace and Micheal Fassbender, and i cant see them shooting any Scenes for the movie as of this year so far, unless a few was done a while back while they was on set of Prometheus...  but there is nothing official on this.

Ridley Scott has not released much information because he likes to keep tight liped on Projects he works on and also he does not want to take any Lime Light of his next Movie to be released The Martian and he would concentrate on Producing that movie and then Promoting it as opposed to leaking info on Prometheus 2... so i doubt we would hear much about this untill after The Martion is out

I would however doubt that Prometheus 2 would be out in March 2016.... Rapace and Fassbenders Schedules have been busy and Rapace should be freed up after the Summer and Fassbender likewise but then he begins work on Assassin's Creed September which looking at average shooting times of his movies he stared in could mean that he would be finished and free by indeed November time and Rapace has not shooting scheduled for then either.

So there has been no time for them to really shoot anything but indeed from November it would appear that the Schedules of Ridley and Rapace and Fassbender would be freed up, but this is not to say the movie would begin work because we have no news on other cast members as of yet.. so we are IN THE DARK and even as i said before if we look at the movie not featuring much apart from David and Shaw and some Engineers, New Monsters and New Race then the cast would be small for any scenes with them and so potentially yes it would not take long to shoot all Scenes that feature Rapace and Fassbender unless in the draft they are to have a scene or scenes where they return to Earth or are intercepted by Humans or indeed come across Species that are not just Clone Looking like the Engineers.

Even so i would doubt even if they shot the scenes from November and they have Production work underway as far as limited sets and props i.e if they are just showing us Space, the inside of a Juggernaught and one location (Paradise) i would still think with Post Production a March 2016 release date is well extreamly unlikely.

As for a release date? Nothing is known and i dont think untill after The Martian has been out for a few weeks that we would get any clues to any potential time scale of where the project lies.

OFFICIALLY the draft is done, ideas of how Ridley wants it to br portrayed to some degree would be done, as far as start of Production we dont know, as far as Start of Shooting Scenes its unlikely any would start before November due to Fassbender and Rapaces Shooting Schedules.... and no offical word on when Production let alone shooting will begin....

LOGICALLY Schedules have prevents any real work on the movie, and while Schedules would be freed up from November maybe October thats not to say any work would commence.... so a March 2016 Release date looks unlikely and i would even say that a Summer 2016 too.

I am going to Assume that yes this Project would be Ridleys next after The Martian but he would also working on Alien 5 and Bladerunner Projects but for certain i would say Prometheus 2 could be his next Project but its when would he start on it...?  Therefore i think we would see Prometheus 2 by Fall of 2017 but no Sooner than Fall 2016, this is just a ASSUMPTION

So its not Fact!

The leak from a source again could be completely false, there would be no way to know unless Ridley says anything that backs up the Production Start and Shooting Times, or if he comes out and says those rumours are completely false. 

Here is the Thing.... if they are somewhat similar to the ideas and plot but could still be a very good guess as opposed to any official leak... Ridley is not going to come out and say that those leaks are completely false, if indeed latter the movie is somewhat close to some of them.... If they are completely false and no where near what is going on then again i doubt he would mention it because it would rule out such ideas and allow us to draw up maybe others.

He will simply remain tight lipped on it all, if he is to mention anything i expect it to be after The Martian purely on the basis that he would not want to take any Lime Light off that movie.

But the Source Claims that Main Production Starts this November and Main Shooting either starts March or Wraps up March but this Source claims that the movie will not be released by the Summer and that they said (and so not official) that its most likely to be released between Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 and likely March to May but this is just their assumption based of the supposed information as far as Production and Shooting and then taking into account Post Production.... they did however sugest that Alien 5 would be out first and in 2016.

But as far as Offcial and Facts.... all we have is a Final Draft, and Ridley has ideas of how some elements would appear (these can change once Concept Artists work on Ridleys Vision) we know that Rapace and Fassbender are going to be in the movie and its likely to be one of Ridleys next few Projects However  thats all, we do not know when Production and Shooting will start or when the movie would be released.

So we can only Assume and Logically Assume that at the earlest we have to be 9 months away from release... and at latest we have to assume 3 years. I cant see the movie being released before May 2016 and i doubt it would come latter than mid 2018

Cremildo

MemberOvomorphJul-21-2015 6:06 PM

It is certainly feasible Prometheus 2 might film at the end of the year. Your way of thinking seems right to me, and I too did notice the increase of activity on Facebook.

The thing is, Rapace will have to have completed Callas by then, a biopic which she is signed to do, and also another science-fiction film that was announced not too long ago.

[url=http://mulhollandcinelog.wordpress.com/]http://mulhollandcinelog.wordpress.com/[/url]

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-23-2015 6:46 AM

Indeed a lot depends on Shooting Schedule but i am sure Callas Shooting should be finished by end of the year...

I am not sure for certain they can start to shoot scenes in November-December but i guess they could shoot a few of them i.e Scenes where Rappace and Fassbender are in them alone... leaving for next year to shoot other scenes where these Actors interact with other yet to be cast members but we do not know for sure how many Biengs Shaw and David are going to find or interact with and if its mainly Engineers then from the looks of them from Prometheus you only need a handful if that of cast members to play multiple Engineers.  As of yet we dont know how many beings they would find.... it could be a handful of Engineers and Elders, it could also be a handful of another Race or just a being and if they all look similar i.e like Engineers or Predators i.e a Alien Race that is not as diverse as Humans in appearence then they wont need a large cast for shooting them scenes.

But they could just as easily find a colony of other races etc... so we just dont know for sure.

Looking at the release date for the movie, logically looking at Ridley said the draft is done and he has ideas of what the New Monsters and Races will look like, i am sure that its a Project he would be working on within the next year or so for certain...  work could not had been done previously since the draft was finished (October 2014) due to Ridleys, Rapace and Fasbenders Schedules which seem clear as of next year so indeed a March Shooting time could be possible but thats not to say this would be the case.

So we dont know when the movie would be out, but i would certainly say March 2016 would be very very doubtful and looking at typical production time on a movie i would again think a Summer 2016 would be a push aswell,  hopefully once The Martian is out we could get some more hints as to Prometheus 2 production but for now, we dont know for sure when it would be out.... we can only assume that surely it would be out by 2018 at the latest... as Ridley looks to have nothing planned in 2017 and so i would ASSUME that the movie would be produced in 2017 at the latest.

The source had sugested that a March-May 2017 is a realistic release date but this is not definate, only thing they claimed was definate is Production starts this Fall and Shooting in the Spring.  Which IF TRUE (which it may not be) could indeed make a Fall 2016 - Summer 2017 being a likely release date based on time it takes from Production, Shooting and Post Production to release date.

I dont know when it would be out but if i was to Guess i would say maybe May-June 2017 to tie in with 5 years after the first Movie was released.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Kongzilla
Kongzilla » Chestburster
67% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums