Godzilla Movie

Rodan: A Possible Future Double Threat?

1458 Views5 Replies
Forum Topic

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJul-02-2015 12:28 AM

Hello there.

In recent days, I have been giving quite a bit of thought to many of the other monsters with which Godzilla has shared the silver screen, most notably Rodan. With the kickoff of a new Godzilla movie from Toho looming upon the horizon, it stands to reason that we might see a fresh beginning for many of our most beloved kaiju. However, I can not help but wonder if Rodan might become something more in the future - a more numerous presence. As with his first appearance, Rodan could easily gain the partnership of another of his kind, becoming a double threat once again. Personally, I find the idea of a pair of these massive, winged beasts to be most compelling! Such a team would likely be amazingly potent in battle and would be incredibly neat to behold as either an ally or nemsis to other kaiju. Of course, I would not enjoy the notion of Rodan becoming something like the Gyaos from the Gamera series - a near-endless horde fit only to be wiped out by the hundreds. That would rob the character of his unique status within the mythology. However, a fellow winged giant of the same species joining the fray could be most interesting if well-presented. As always, your thoughts and conjecture concerning this topic are most appreciated, even if you choose to keep them to yourself. :)

5 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-02-2015 5:47 AM

I'll first say Rodan is my favorite monster in the series, I love the character and how much what we would call love governs its decisions. Dying with its mate in the original sacrificing itself for baby Godzilla in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2, the monster is by all means renegade and does what it wants but will give anything for its family or loved ones. This makes Rodan unique amongst the monsters given this characteristic and giving another member of its species would open doors for more of those instances. I'm torn because while I love that about that character when giving a monster two species in one movies with other monsters present it makes the achievements each do less relevant since there is two and by all means they should be able to overpower and beat other monsters thus if we gave the monster two it undoes that. Similar to the Mutos, had there only been one that put Godzilla on the ground and beat him to a pulp the monster would get much more respect and recognition but since there were two it made what they did not much of a point, 2 monsters should be able to beat one and if they can't that just reflects badly on them.  

So I'm not sure it gives a chance to show more character to the monster, but hurts the monster in terms of fighting prowess and reputation, maybe go with a Godzilla angle and throw a baby giving the monster a family to protect while also not throwing the dynamic off so much that the two should just run over whoever they have to deal with.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJul-02-2015 9:36 AM

^I agree.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJul-02-2015 1:48 PM

DURP004 - What a very interesting series of concepts! Hmm...After careful consideration, I actually like your ideas a great deal; indeed, presenting two of the same species does carry the possibility of reducing the perceived strength of the beasts. A youthful creature, on the other hand, would give Rodan something for which he could fight with greater ferocity! :)

vexxed

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-03-2015 1:23 PM

2 Rodans worked really well together in the original movie so I'd like I'd like to see it again as well.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJul-03-2015 2:19 PM

VEXXED - I agree with your sentiment! Indeed; the pair of Rodans in the original movie were quite neat to behold - and quite lethal! :)

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums