Alien Movie Universe

In Space You Can See Ridley Scott's Doodles!

Alien-Covenant.com/forum/
Forum Topic
3739 Views12 Replies

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-27-2015 8:44 AM

Good news fellow Prometheans!

With The Martian set for a late November release, Sir Ridley should soon be free to start work on the Prometheus sequel!

Meanwhile, as of December last year, a cover page from The Martian script blasted off into space on board NASA's Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle test flight.

Said page featured some Ridley Scott doodles and spent 4 hours at 5600 miles above the Earth's surface!

How freakin cool is that, and how many directors can add that to their resume? 

Read more about The Martian at DailyMailOnline

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

12 Replies

Something Real

MemberTrilobiteMay-27-2015 10:36 AM

LONE - Hahaha! That is exceptionally neat! Sir Scott is a beter artist than I would have first assumed! Thank you so very much for sharing this extremely compelling bit of information! :)

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-27-2015 11:18 AM

Something Real~ have you ever seen Ridley's storyboards for ALIEN?

He is a great artist and still draws every day. He also illustrates every page of the script, that is his method of writing, he draws his ideas!

After school he went to West Hartlepool College of Art, then on to The Royal College of Art, where he helped to establish the college film department.

He began as a designer, then progressed to directing for the BBC. In 1968 he formed RSA ~ Ridley Scott Associates with his brother Tony.

In my opinion Ridley Scott has the best eye in the business!

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

Something Real

MemberTrilobiteMay-27-2015 1:44 PM

LONE - WOW! I was not awareof this information! How very fantastic! I am certainly going to have a more in-depth look and Sir Scott's story boards and scripts! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! :)

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMay-28-2015 12:51 AM

That must be a first for anyone i guess. Thanks for sharing.

Apparently he has a great visual memory. He can draw pictures of something he saw 3 months ago. Highly accurate drawings.

In this video at 2:00 on he explains.

How many directors can say that ??

Nice thead. 

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-28-2015 4:36 AM

@Something Real ~ I'm always happy to praise Ridley Scott's artistic abilities to anyone who will listen! :)

@Odu ~ I love that Hero Complex interview, just wish it could have been longer!

It's interesting that when answering the question about BladeRunner 2, Ridley says "Who bothered to create people who look like human beings, why do that?" Parallels nicely with the Prometheus sequel! Of course this was before we learned that Ridley will no longer be directing BladeRunner 2 :(

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMay-28-2015 5:05 AM

Man i have to say the interviews are very interesting . You learn a great deal quickly. Lone do you know of a website where I might find art work like paintings and such by Ridley ??

start quote

"Who bothered to create people who look like human beings, why do that ?"

end quote

I dont exactly understand what he means . Have any ideas ??

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-28-2015 6:41 AM

I don't know of any website solely devoted to his work.....but you've given me an idea Odu! :D

I wonder if Ridley would ever consider having all of his work catalogued and collected together in a single website? It would be a mammoth job!

I think the best example of his work is up there on screen. The beautiful images he paints with light and shadow are works of art!

To answer your second question, I think he likes the idea of exploring who created the Replicants (Tyrell) and why. Like wise with the Prometheus sequel, he may explore who the Creators of humans, engineers, the xenomorph are, and why they made us? 

Of course he was merely answering a question with limited time, and as we know, his ideas and concepts can change even during production!

In this video Ridley demistifies the Art of Storyboarding ~

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-28-2015 6:50 AM

Both Bladerunner and Prometheus can looked at in the same light as far as the Nexus 6 Replicant and David 8 Androids.... I think what Ridley means then is why create these essentially Artificial Humanoid Androids (One Biological the other Synthetic)  and make them look like Humans where you can not tell the difference?

why not make them appear none Human... i.e like I-Robot.

I think the key to this is for one so they fit in with society better (as David puts it he was designed to be close to Humans so Humans would feel more Comfortable around him). But this has a other potential use as far as espionage, or even as Assassins or basically for the purpose of that any Humans would not even know the Androids/Replicants are not Human and are  Artificially created.

But i think Ridley is hinting as far as Bladerunner that they are created to look Human for some purpose that could relate to being used as Infiltration such as Secret Agents.

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMay-28-2015 7:19 AM

Lone

BigDave

Thanks guys !! 

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-28-2015 8:15 AM

Yes BigDave, you have touched upon an interesting concept for the sequel. Perhaps the bottom line is that Replicants will eventually replace even police, government etc....all controlled by a hidden elite with their own dastardly agenda?

With regards to Prometheus and how it will develop, I feel that there could be some evolution involving David. This may not necessarily mean him combining with the goo, but more likely that he will instigate or create a species through his meddling. David [or a whole shipload of David's :)]will play God!

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMay-29-2015 2:00 AM

Lone

Thanks

They show quite a bit of sketches and such in that video.

Major Noob

MemberOvomorphMay-30-2015 4:29 PM

He's like Moebius's brother from another mother.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Praetorian
86% To Next Rank
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
91% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
76% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums