Alien Movie Universe

Ampule Room Mural

3224 Views7 Replies
Forum Topic

james1974

MemberOvomorphMay-14-2015 7:43 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post, but I've been visiting this site and reading the forums since prior to the release of Prometheus.

I've got plenty to say, but the mural in the ampule room has always fascinated me.  I've read some posts related to this, but I wanted to create a fresh one to see if anyone had something new to add.

I've only seen two panels of the mural.  One panel shows an engineer in a somewhat dramatic pose with an odd looking creature that appears to be hugging his/her legs to his right.  The other panel shows an egg that looks almost identical to the eggs in the original Alien film.  The egg is opening and it appears to be held by a creature with hands and arms similar to the creature in the panel with the engineer.

The creature in the mural seems to bare a family resemblance to engineer/space jockey suits.  In fact the engineers - at least the engineers depited in all but the first scene - seem to have modified bodies that share this resemblance.  Both the creature in the mural and the engineers on LV 223 seem to share some features in common with the xeno.

I realize that I've just listed a number of observations that everyone who reads this will have already made, I would love it if someone could share any connections that I haven't made, or maybe links to official images that do not appear on this site.

Thanks for reading.

7 Replies

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-15-2015 1:01 PM

By Mural you mean the Frescos?

I am a bit busy but dont dispare.... i will work on a reply that would cover as best i can the connection but all i will say for now is this Organism is what i call the ENIGMA and it may be the Missing Link...

It was put in the movie not as a Easter Egg but as some clue as to the Engineer and Eggs and Xeno connection it plays some part but so does the Deacon Mural and one of these may have to be a connection to the Xeno Origins the other Xeno Evolution.

But they are vary Ambigious especially the Fresco... but i will attempt to make connections showing a link to Star Beast Sacrifical Animals used for the Star Beast Spores... and the evolution of O'Bannons Star Beast to his firs Alien Draft and the design he came up with for the Star Beast/Alien Organism prior to Ridley and Fox liking Gigers Work...  But Giger is not left out as one of his peices of Work also has a connection to the Fresco Organism... it has a connection to all 3 of the above.. and i will explain this when i do my propper reply ;)

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

Svanya

AdminPraetorianMay-16-2015 12:19 PM

Hi James. While you are waiting for others to respond, you could use the search button you can also find some older posts about it, I think you would like that, there was some really interesting stuff written. 

The First Child

MemberOvomorphMay-19-2015 11:17 AM

an interesting thing that I discovered is that the face of the creature in the mural is similiar to that of an HR Giger monster painted before Alien. I do not know the name or if it is onlin, but it is something worth looking at.

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-19-2015 12:04 PM

Welcome to SCIFIED James1974 :)

One thing for sure is that HR Giger's work inspired every non-human design in Prometheus!

@The First Child, some Giger images below containing a beak-like being, I'll see what else I can find when I have more time!

Top creaure from a blow up of Necronomicon IV

Early facehugger design which had beak-like mandibles!

Creaure at top of this image Mordor XII

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

Lone

MemberPraetorianMay-19-2015 12:19 PM

....and you know that creature actually resembles the back part of the SJ chair....or am I seeing things?!

...and below is another interesting Giger design of a Winged Alien, Alien Monster IV complete with beak-like jaw!

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-20-2015 10:23 AM

Ok i will try and make this fast.... lol

The Enigma could be the missing link between the Engineers and Xeno... we cant be sure their is some connection, the Frescos was not a easter Egg well i dont think they was, i feel they had a purpose to show us some connection....

What that is and why.... who knows.... this is one very very AMBIGIOUS part of the movie....

All i can try and do is connect the similarites between it and Gods be that Greek or the God of the Bible...

The First Fresco has a very Adam and God look to it from the Sistine Chapel...

If it is meant to be as such.... then The Engineer is God and the Creature is David..... so the Creature is the First Creation maybe they created on LV 223 in relation to the Xeno DNA...... 

But maybe this does not have to be the case....  The Engineers pose does not look very Powerful as that of God in the Adam and God Fresco... their is no link of God reaching out to his creation in this Fresco above..... it appears the Engineer is pushing away the Organism or is it petting it..... you decide...!

The creature has a pose that is either..

1) Fetal... as in born... created..

2) Submisive pose....

3) Pose similar to the Xeno Crab pose, like Fifield did a resting pose..

Is this a Fresco that shows the Creator (Engineer) and Creation... like the God and Adam Fresco....?  Or what if we throw in Prometheus Myth.... is the Engineer now Prometheus? the one who Stole the Fire.... and is the creature the Eagle that was sent to Eat out the Engineers Liver....  as punishment?

Does the Engineer look inspired by the creature, or afraid....  again you decide because who knows?

There is some connection... there has to be.....

If we look at it in Terms of the Franchise.... we have the following...

1) Eggs => Face Huger => Chest Buster Organism... but a Chest Buster was created via Shaw and Holloway and the Go...... what i am getting at is how does this creature come to be with regards to Engineer.... is it the result of a Chest Buster Event?

2) Goo, we see this can mutate and evolve life it comes into contact with... again is this creature the result of Goo + Engineer?  Who cant be sure..

3) Maybe there is no connection as above, but maybe this Organism is the Origin of the DNA that leads to those Eggs and also the Xeno related goings on in those Urns?

The 2nd Fresco...

This shows a Egg similar to the Xenos... it does not have to be a Xeno Egg but it has to be related... this is Evolved from or Evolves to the Xeno Eggs...  It also does not have to be a Xeno holding it, because if you look close, the Creature in the other fresco has the same Arms and Hands...

I would safely say this is the same Organism.....

Why does it hold the Egg?  some said its eating the Egg..... i dont buy that....

Maybe the creature is holding the Egg to be placed next to a Sacrifice, or for the Egg to play some part in a Sacrifice of its own DNA.... both these may imply this Organism can safely handle and transport the Eggs..?

But could this Organism also be Sacrificing itself to the Face Huger inside to create something?  Again who knows...

Maybe it is consuming whats inside? But typically thats a Face Huger and as soon as the Egg opens the Face Huger latches onto a Victim Host.... i dont think its eating the Face Huger do you?  Unless it does not contain a Face Huger? 

Could it be actually laying a Face Huger... i.e does it produce a Organism that it  implants via its mouth (i.e Spit or Vomits up) something that grows into a Face Huger... Again who knows?

What connection to the Sistine Chapel?  i cant really make any... as the Frescos are depictions of events from the Bible..... maybe it is the Serpent offering the Forbiden Fruit?

If we look at Prometheus Myth... is it Fire?  or maybe Pandoras Box?  Maybe we can draw a connection between Forbiden Fruit and Pandoras Box...?  Who knows?

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-20-2015 10:43 AM

Now onto the Creature...  their is some connection between IT and the EGG, if we go onto Star Beast then there was no Egg but Spores... but within the Star Beast idea, there was a Creature that was used as a Sacrifice for the Spores....  this Sacrifice was shown on the Altar...

The Mural shows us a Chest Buster event with a Organism similar to Shaws Trillobite... now the Sacrifical Organism used by the creators (parents) of these Spores... this Sacrifical Organism has a like Ant type head...  but look at the Mandables and could the creature in the Fresco in Prometheus have similar and not a Beak?  or could the creature in the above Mural actually have a Beak like mouthpart and not Ant like Jaws (Mandables?).

This is one peice from the Alien Franchise Origins that could look like our Fresco creature in Prometheus if so.. maybe it was Sacrificing itself to that Egg...?

Above is the design that O'Bannon did during the evolution of Star Beast to Alien Draft, this was O'Bannons idea for the Alien/Star Beast..... notice this does have like Mandables and so look like the Sacrificial Organism on the Star Beast Mural.... it also looks a lot like our Fresco Creature from Prometheus so maybe its the Original Form of the Xeno Origins?

Ridley however liked Gigers Art work the Necronomicon of which Ridley wanted Giger to base his Alien off and Giger came up with this.... first..

This has a mild look that is like the Fresco in Prometheus.... Giger did design another concept work that was then the basis for more that became the Xeno but i wont post here as we are on about the Fresco in Prometheus and not the Xeno in Alien.

Talking of Giger... here below is a concept that he called Alien 3... again look at the head and this creature has like Mandables.. like Predators have, like the Fresco in Prometheus may have and like O'Bannons idea for the Alien had and also like the Creature  being Sacrificed in Star Beast Mural has...

Can i make any connection? Not realy as its Ambigious however yes the Fresco Creature draws some inspiration from the above concept works, it is also connected to the Eggs in some role...

And Engineers and what they get up to and we know Sacrifice plays key role and so the Fresco Creature is involved in the Xeno DNA maybe as part of some Sacricial role but its it the Sacrifice.... or is the Engineer the Sacrifice...?

Who knows?

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Praetorian
86% To Next Rank
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
91% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
76% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums