Alien Movie Universe

Prometheus 2 (Hell on Earth)

2663 Views27 Replies
Forum Topic

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-11-2015 6:13 PM

I have just come across a few Articles out there about Prometheus 2.... 

prometheus-2-will-be-set-on-earth?

earth-will-be-the-main-setting-for-prometheus-2

prometheus-2-to-be-based-on-earth

what-is-ridley-scott-thinking-with-prometheus-2

prometheus-2-going-full-steam-ahead-script-finish

prometheus-2-plot-movie-update-quest-engineers-home

horrifying-agenda-which-will-shock-shaw-and-david-as-film-production-starts.htm

plot-script-earth

prometheus-2-will-be-based-on-earth-script-is-already-ready

Again dont know if the above is true its a bit odd, if the movie is mainly set on Earth... when we look at other things the movie is said to have and we have to ask how the hell does this tie in with Alien universe as far as potential in-continuity problems.... but alas what portions are set on Earth and is Hell on Earth the Title of Alien 5 movie and not Prometheus 2 and by Hell on Earth does it have to mean Xeno or Black Goo related Organisms running around on Earth... in a time line before Aliens... when in that movie and Alien it seemed Mankind knew little of the Organism or similar ones...

Here are the points this latest news seems to include..

1) There will be TWO NEW MONSTERS  (the person who leaked info to me said the same).  A rumour one would be similar to the Xeno DNA and another different.

2) The movie will be split into 3 Plot Devices (the person who leaked info to me said the same).

3) The movie will have a lot of it set on Earth (again maybe why the person said much larger cast).

4) The movie will expand the Engineers role, as servants to another Force (again this is similar to what was told me).

5) The movie will expand on and explore the Engineers Hierarchy within creation (again as i was told) They are not the creators...

6) The movie will revolve a lot around the Goo that is now everything (kind of what i was told too)

7) Shaw and Davids journey will be at the end and wont be a main part of the movie (the person said we wont see much of David and Shaws journey)

8) Shaw will not get the Answers she hoped for and a Horrifying Agenda. (exactly as i was told).

9) The movie is set to provide a link between LV 223 and LV 426 (exactly as i was told).

10) Somehow Weyland Ships will chase down Shaw and Davids Ship...

Maybe i can add to this, that indeed once Shaw puts David together and she goes into Cryo Sleep David can go where ever he wants to go....

So feel free to discus this new set of news, and if you feel some things seem to add up to what i had been told a month or so ago.

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

27 Replies

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-11-2015 7:13 PM

Here are some more i found...

plot-cast-rumours-spoilers/

Prometheus 2 rumours

Again not so sure what to make of that, as the information i had been given did not say Shaw would be killed, or that the movie would be on Earth.....or how the company will give chase to Shaw and Davids Jugernaught Ship....  So these are new peices of information that i had not been told.

The person only told me that the movie has 3 plots and that Shaw and Davids is just one of those and thus not the main focus afterall.  Could this mean its set on Earth? they never said only that the movie will not focus mainly on Shaw and David going off to find the Engineers homeworld..... nothing said about Weyland Ships trying to capture the Juggernaught or Shaw dying....  Not saying these are true ... just i was not told but what i was told was very vague as the person was very cagey as to not get someone else in trouble.

Other rumours are there would be Xenos in the movie at some point and a Hell on Earth title again i was not told of these, so maybe these are some other aspects going on...

The person said that yes Shaw and David will in some part of the movie find Paradise... but who knows can we rule out David taking the ship to Earth...?

I am not sure and keen on this as well if we have Xeno-Esque Organisms on Earth and Engineers on Earth that would surely counter conflict what little people knew of the Xeno in Aliens and Alien..

But who knows maybe we see some scenes set a long time ago, or maybe in the future after Aliens?

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-11-2015 7:19 PM

Here is a little quiz i found too lol i got 18/18 off course ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/ultimate-prometheus-quiz-18-questions-5674889

The First Child

MemberOvomorphMay-12-2015 11:30 AM

I beleive there should be some story on Earth. However, I don't feel that having most of the story on Earth is a good idea. I am also a bit displeased by the fact that they want to kill Elizabeth Shaw off. As a fan, I really thought she was a character that had the potential to become something great. Having her get killed off half way through just seems strange. It would make more sense to kill her off in the third or fourth instalment. I remeber this report coming out several months ago.

This post also answered my question of production time, being late 2016. Thanks Big Dave!

Hopefully a 16th script will emerge. :)

Batchpool

MemberFacehuggerMay-12-2015 3:16 PM

I’m taking on board a lot of this news with great caution. There are some things that don’t really add up . If Shaw dies in P2, then how does she appear in P3?

If there is a planet called Paradise, then why wait till a P3 to get there and why would Shaw come back to Earth first.

@ Big Dave, I certainly agree with your comment about how it would tie into the Alien universe.

P2 sounds like something going off on a complete tangent,so for now I’m going to take things with a pinch of salt until something more conclusive rears its head.

One thing that has got my curiosity though, is what exactly does Ridley mean when he says the new monsters are real.

TY Big Dave for sharing this news. Very intriguing.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 3:18 PM

I remember a report a while ago about the potential to kill Shaw off in the movie and replace her with a new lead Lady....  It had also been known that Ridley sugested about the movie following Shaw and David and how the dynamic would be between them because she has to trust him and when his head goes back on.. she is basically at what ever whim he choses.

Also Ridley said they are creating a NEW MONSTER....

But over the last 2 days a number of sites are now reporting other stuff that was not really said so much before, and a lot of stuff that seems to add up to what i was told about a month or so ago...

But there are a few sniplets that i was not directly told such as David will be taking the Ship back to Earth and that the movie would have a lot based on Earth and we would see Hell on Earth.....

Not sure if this is correct if it is well i dont know how they plant to do this and have the movie fit with the Alien Franchise... because in Alien and Aliens mankind and the company did not seem to know a lot about the Xeno....  which is why AVP movies bummed a lot of people as Canon too.. which its not.

In Aliens they said they had surveyed countless worlds and never came across anything that fits the discription Ripley was giving......  but yes they encountered stuff in Prometheus but the company could cover that up....

How could they cover up David bringing a Engineer ship to Earth and unleashing Hell on Earth and also never mind if Engineers get involved...

Trying to peice together this news, as it says Shaw will die, but also that Shaw and Davids mission would be at the end of the movie, yet they are also intercepted and chased by Weyland Military..

Only way this can work is the company gets hold of some Engineer Tech from LV 223, or Davids Ship goes back to LV 426, LV 223 or Earth but then at the end they escape to Paradise and meet their makers..

so its all a bit odd at the minute if the key elements are true in the latest News and Rumours... as it reads like another David Lindeloff mismatch back and forth place to place Plot like watching Lost.

The News is also still going for a March 2016 release and a Production Fall 2015... but the person who told me the stuff said their source said March 2016 is when they hope to be finishing off... and a Fall 2016 Release is likely.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 3:25 PM

@Batchpool

Indeed some things dont add up.... but we have to remember.... that just because someone dies does not mean they cant appear in another movie or latter.... we dont know how the movie would go...

It could be case the Plot would show events after they have been to Paradise first, and that then Shaw dies... but latter we are shown Shaw and Davids journey to Paradise which could mean a 3rd movie thats actually based before Prometheus 2...

The Comics Fire and Stone kind of did this, one Comic was set after and another before the Prometheus one but they all tied in....

so yes we could see a movie based on events after Shaw and David come back from Paradise, set after Paradise but then have the events that preceed what most of Prometheus 2 show us, set after or at the end of Prometheus 2...

Kind of like a Star Wars EP 3 Revenge of the Sith came out way after Star Wars EP 4 a New Hope... SW EP4 was the first of the series as far as release, but set after SW  EP3 which was the last of that series to be shot..

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 3:30 PM

I would futher like to say that i dont like the idea of Hell on Earth..... as it would mess with the continuity of the Franchise...

Unless as i sugested before... how do we know how long David and Shaws journey to Paradise takes... they may not get there for hundreds of years? who knows....

So maybe a way of doing it is that Prometheus 2 one plot is set after the events of Aliens and maybe Alien 5 or before Alien 5 but after Aliens....  The movie does not have to directly have to be set before Alien does it?

Another thing is they could be doing a kind of re-boot or alternative Alien Franchise..

So we have the Original Alien + Aliens + Alien 3 and Alien R

Then we have a alternative that includes Prometheus, Prometheus 3,  Alien, Aliens, Prometheus 2 and Alien 5 as far as timeframe goes?

MonsterZero

MemberXenomorphMay-12-2015 3:31 PM

Hmm...interesting.

Not sure what to think. 

Are they saving budget money$$ by not having to build alien world sets and just using Earth locations? Or are they busting the budget to make a realistic Dystopian Earth?

How many Earthlings will see this 'visit'? Will they limit the action to a military base...maybe Earth orbit. It's clear the Alien series characters didn't have a clue about Xenos juggernauts derelicts.

I think this will really lessen the impact of Alien series..."Xenomorph!? That's nothing....You should have been on Earth back in 2095 when an Alien race attacked Earth!!"

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 3:38 PM

But some things in these latest released new rumours and news, do kind of fit in with what i was told about 5 weeks or so ago..

The person was being very vague which made me question some of the things they was saying, but if these new peices of news have come from other sources connected to the movie are correct then they do kind of add up to make sense of some of the stuff i was told.

some of which was about 2 monsters, and that David and Shaws tale is only a fraction of the movie and not the main focus... bigger cast and the way the person said it was to hint of a much larger cast... and many other things too.

If anyone reads my Topic on these rumours from a month ago and they would see i tried to look at what each point could mean and i tried to break down and figure out how these could be...

But then looking at the latest news as of 24-48 hours some of the stuff actually fit into some of those points and they would be different to what i actually thought those points meant...

I am still trying to think how a Hell on Earth fits in, because i always assumed by Ridleys comments that David and Shaw are off to Paradise and he is bringing Hell with him, he even said what happens if God or Machine is infected by the Goo...

But Ridley does mislead and he did say once Davids head goes on and Shaw is in Cryo Sleep David can basically go where ever he wants to be... Shaw may think she is going to Paradise but David could just go to Earth.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 3:45 PM

Yes Monster Zero...... seems very very odd....

and that qoute fits in well  "That's nothing....You should have been on Earth back in 2095 when an Alien race attacked Earth!!"

And its as i have said it would be a incontinuity to the Franchise... unless Alien 5 is actually going to be a Aliens Re-boot... but Blompkamp said its set after Aliens... and he had to change things so as to not conflict Prometheus...

Ridley has also had to re-work some stuff with news of a Alien 5 being green lighted and Ridley is even involved in the project and funny enough Ridley and Fox worked close with Dark Horse so that they never trod on each others toes with the Comics.

So in that case if Alien and Aliens are to be Canon to Prometheus and Pt 2 and 3 etc. and they are to link with Blompkamps Alien 5.... that still does not answer how the company and marines had not encountered anything like the Xeno by 2179

So again maybe the events of Prometheus 2 as far as part of the Plot could be set after Aliens....?

Its only logical way forward for me.. but there would still be a Gap as far as 2094 and 2122 never mind 2179 as far as what happens to LV 223...

MonsterZero

MemberXenomorphMay-12-2015 3:48 PM

Well...The Engineers have been to Earth numerous times and could have hidden Weapons/juggernauts/pods.......or something really nasty?

There could be an army of Engineers/Elders sleeping in Cryo tubes somewhere on Earth...

MonsterZero

MemberXenomorphMay-12-2015 3:59 PM

@BigDave...yes it's a mess. 

What was first contact with any alien race? 2179 sure sounds like the first official one. I would imagine Earth has been business as usual until then.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 4:04 PM

Here i have put together the points i made from what i was told just over a month ago and i have grouped them into Paragraphs which i feel are connected, as opposed to the list that was jumbled up i posted back then....

So here it goes and then see if any of it kind of fits the latest news that has leaked over last 24-48 hours...

=============================

The Movie will have 3 Plot Elements, and Shaw and Davids mission to find the Engineers Homeworld is just one of those; The movie will not be based largely on Shaw and David shenanigans aboard the Juggernaught but there will be some screen time devoted to Shaw and David during the trip but not actually interacting as such on the ship. As Shaw will be incapacitated for the most part.

Shaw and David will not be getting the Answers they want, what they find is truely Horrifying Agenda. Revalations that seperate even futher the original answers Shaw thought they would find when they got to LV 223 in the first movie;  The Engineers are not God or our creators, but a servant race for some other purpose. So merely as David is to Mankind;  They are following some ideas from Star Beast as far as connection between the said Hierarchy of creation seen in the movies. This could be regards to Engineer connection to their purpose. And connection to Sacrifices.

If we are expecting a evolution and more depth to the Ancient Aliens connection, this wont be the case but we could see a slight connection as far as some Ancient God connections. As far as Hierarchy and Order of creation;  They kinda said like how David is part of that Hierarchy and David wishes to play God himself and continue the order of Hierarchy.

The movie plot has kind of a Matrix and Blade Runner theme to the Agenda of the creators. And Engineers.

There will be some connection between Engineers and Prometheus Myth but this is loosely.... related to the Fire; The Black Goo is not quite how its shown in the movie, they are going the route that it is the Origin of Life, the Blood of Life and all creation.  And kind of like from the Tree of Life and Forbiden Fruit; The comic books followed LV 223 and 426 and while the events show what could happen, the comics are to be considered a alternative. But underlying themes could be explored

There will be two Monsters One new, both will have loose connection to the Xeno but they will be different; The Movie will give us more of a link between LV 223 and LV 426, and it will provide some answers to the Alien fans but it wont be a Alien based movie.  

Prometheus was not the FIRST company mission to the Zeta 2 system; There could be some ideas and things that they never got round to include from Prometheus that could be done in Prometheus 2

The movie will have larger cast than Prometheus and so not a small Cast as we may have thought or been led to i.e Shaw and David on a ship to find a God.

The Budget is about 50% more than Prometheus, and they had a finished Draft as far as October 2014 and pre-production story board and concept work is underway.  They are waiting for commitment from Production staff and cast members they wish to cast.  The movie should begin main production this Fall and should be finishing Shooting by End of March 2016 and a Fall 2016 is a more realistic release date.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-12-2015 4:14 PM

Again is any of the above true?  I took it with a pinch of salt, but the person did say that over the next 9 months more and more stuff would come out that would validate what was said but that the person who told him was vague and could not spill the beans so to speak (lol well seems a lot has been).

The person who i spoke to got his info off someone who had told the person who then likewise with the above, passed info onto me about the movie Transcendence about Halloween 2013 and a majority of it was Correct and even half of it was spot on 100% correct.

Basically the source who told ther person i spoke to also told them about Transcendence  months before release and was accurate with that, so who knows..

some of the news over the last 2 days does link to what i was told and some of it, was not what i was told.. i.e Shaw dying and it based on Earth but then the person was vague and did say that Shaw and David and their mission is only a part of a 3 plot movie that has a larger cast than Prometheus had... so while being vague that could indeed fit in with such a thing as Hell on Earth.  David does want to be God after all.

OldGuy

MemberOvomorphMay-13-2015 5:25 AM

OMG ... if even half of this speculation turns out to be true it means the end of the Alien franshise as we know it.  Any xeno activity on Earth will evoke the AVP movies and we all know how well they turned out.

Ugh.

In Space, no one can hear you fart.

Chris

AdminEngineerMay-13-2015 7:14 AM

It's all a joke, these sites took a forum topic from our forums HERE and spun it to seem like actual news. I just posted an announcement about it here. Please don't link to these spammy sites - we don't want to give them any of our traffic as they're just confusing our fans and not even sourcing their finds.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

JamietheBastard

MemberOvomorphMay-13-2015 8:49 AM

My brain hurts.

It's a wonder you folks heads don't explode tying all this stuff together.

Some interesting articles, loved the what-is-ridley-scott-thinking with-prometheus-2 I share the sentiments.

Now I'm not on this site just to Prometheus bash, I got what I had to say on that score out of my system. BigDave some interesting rumours from your anonymous source. If some of these turn out to be accurate and as you point out your source does seem to be on the money, I am quietly optimistic that Prometheus 2 could be a far superior movie.

The engineers not being the Boss bad guys, a horrific agenda, "Paradise" being a dark Gigeresque location. With a coherent script (no Damon Lindelof, smart move there) and some good, logically thought out ideas, I think Ridley Scott will go balls out this time and deliver a mind blowing visual ride, that is also intellectually stimulating. Here's hoping.

Some of these rumours are a bit troubling though, Setting it on Earth? Don't see how this would work unless they go with MonsterZero's line, "Xenomorph, that's nothing, you should have been back on Earth in 2095 when an alien race attacked Earth" surely Ridley Scott wouldn't really do any thing that cheesy? I'm with OldGuy there, who wants to see Aliens on Earth? It's much more horrifying to have people confront them in an alien environment, where they are totally unprepared to face the threat. And we all know how badly the AVP movies sucked.

The relationship between LV 426 and LV 223, they are orbiting the same planet in the Zeta II Reticuli system? Was it established in Prometheus that LV 223 was in the Zeta II Reticuli system? I don't recall any mention in the actual film. On the Prometheus commentary Lindelof says "LV 223 how far from LV 426 is that? It's about 185 LV's away" his atrocious math notwithstanding, 185 or 203 sounds to me like a completely different solar system. How does this LV numbering system work? Is every planet, moon and asteroid in the Zeta II system only labeled with an LV prefix, and other systems have other prefixes?

On the subject of some of these rumours being accurate, how much of this is deliberate disinformation put out by the studio, to generate internet rumour among fans and drum up pre- publicity for their films, and ensure that the actual plot is kept in the dark from the public? I'm sure all the studios do it.

I really do need to check out the Dark Horse Prometheus comics, as those guys always far surpass the franchises they licence (or create as in Aliens Vs Predator) The Star Wars comics shat on the prequels, the Aliens comics were far superior to the later Alien movies, Plus Predator, Terminator, their track record is excellent, and note to studios: HIRE THESE PEOPLE TO WRITE THESE FILMS! they understand these franchises inside and out. (Joss whedon's script for Alien Resurrection ripped off a number of Dark Horse Aliens mini series).

I have found that I can still get excited about a new film opening. GOING TO SEE MAD MAX: FURY ROAD TODAY! All reports are promising, the preview looks mind blowing, this is how you revisit a franchise thirty years later and do it justice, (I just hope I don't have to eat those words tomorrow). Though to be fair to Ridley Scott, George Miller did co write and direct all four Max films himself, so does have a much better understanding of his own franchise.

Today the world goes Mad!

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-13-2015 9:12 AM

Well having looked at one or two of those links Chris some do have direct qoutes from what i said, re-hashed with other rumours in the past (Hell on Earth and Shaw dying and Weyland Ship giving Chase).   The other sites just took the info off that site and maybe re-worded it....

So there is potential its not News but just posting information that was on this site...

Which is a releaf as the only way a Hell on Earth could work would be if the movie was set after Aliens.... which could work..  but would still leave a plot hole about what happens to LV 223 between 2094 and 2122 let al one 2179?

They could show some kind of Hell on Earth if the movie had a plot that was also based in the past but come on, would Ridley show a lot of scenes dedicated to Engineers unleash Hell on Earth way back thousands of years ago... and if so surely thats not using Xenos?

Ridley said no more Gods.... and i think he means they are trying to not cover the route of the Engineers  being Ancient Alien Race who seed and create us and nurture us and teach us just as the God and Angels of the Bible and Gods of the Greek Myths did literally...

I think he wants to give us something more Sinister this is why the Engineers are dummed down by removing Scenes that add to individuality of the Engineers, its why the whole feel and look of the Full Sacrficial Scene may had been excluded.. And the re-shot Last Engineer vs Shaw Scene..

They wanted to remove a lot of aspects of our Engineers to portray them more as Angry Meat Bag Biological Terminators...... that does not mean that some may have rebelled against their creators...

The Original Sacrificial Scene had a Religious Importance and Cultural one and Ridley even sugested this when the movie came out..... but the one we got to see that showed a Lone Engineer looking up to a Strange Alien Craft who we do not know of what or who the occupants are.... is a look they could now be going for.

So hopefully these extra rumours about Engineer and Xenos comming to Earth, and especially pre Aliens timeline does not seem like something Ridley would do, but it does have a Michael Green style of Plot to it, it also kind of has a Prometheus Fire and Stone Comics Look to it...

But i surely hope that this is not the case.....

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-13-2015 9:28 AM

We have had a lot of rumours about the movie..... including one that has a Rescue Mission to LV 223 after the company detects Shaws SOS and get Greedy but send Multiple David Androids to investigate.....

If we take the supposed leaked info from Ridley... the Synopsis of this leak is

Some of the movie would be based from Earth as they detect Shaws SOS and send out a Company Mission to investigate, (this leak did not say the movie would be based on Engineers or Xenos comming to Earth).  Maybe where also mulitple Davids come in as the company investigates LV 223.  Shaw dies but is replaced by a new lead Military Woman...  They wont be going to Paradise until the 3rd movie...

The new leak info.. or not adds to the Synopsis in this way.

Engineers are not God, they are controlled by a yet unseen power, with a Horrific Agenda the movie would be based mostly on Earth and we will see Two new Monsters, the Goo is a forbiden Fruit.. (these all could been taken from my post).  And yes as above Shaw Dies, there ship is chassed by Weyland Military Ships and we wont go to Paradise until the 3rd movie.

Now if Shaw dies as in the above two, yet this movie ends with David and Shaw off to Paradise and the 3rd is set on Paradise... when did Shaw die and how, and would removing Shaw from this Dynamic do the plot Harm? As she is the one who wants answers..... unless as i sugested that they go a route that Main plot of Prometheus is set as after the events of what Shaw and David find on Paradise as they arive at the end of the movie and explored in the 3rd.

So i guess the jury is out on that..... and even what i was told cant be taken as Fact at all, after seeing these sites with News it kind of gave me hope that maybe what i was told may have had more than a Pinch of Salt, but indeed these sites could just be using info i said with other info from the past...

I wont try and do a Synopsis from the things i was told as they are vague and it may be hard but i could try and make some sense of potential Synopsis but this was covered in my detailed break down of what i have interpreted the information to maybe be, which could be a complete misinterpretation of these points that even they could be false.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-13-2015 9:54 AM

I will now however give my Interpretation on part of the Actual Movies Synopsis and it is not complete because so little is known... but here goes what i can peice together from what Prometheus 2 would be about and this is all based on FACT unless Ridleys comments are misleading us..... so this is not based on anything i had been told... only what Ridley and other Production Staff have said.....

The movie will in part and maybe mainly Focus on Shaw and Davids mission to get Answers from the Engineers on their Homeworld that David said we sometimes refer to as Paradise.  Shaw wants to know why was we created, why did they then want us destroyed, they changed their minds and why.  And who created the Engineers are they really the Race who created life on Earth....

David will have his own Agenda, he can take Shaw where ever he wants, but what lies on Earth, he would be intriged to find out more about these Engineers or who these Engineers creators are.   David will be very persuasive to Shaw, even though she would be reluctant to trust him, she simply has little choice....  And once Davids head goes on he can be very Dangerous and unpredictable.

Ridley said that at the end of Prometheus you can not have the movie end with these Two going off in search of these Engineers and Answers for our creation and intended destruction.... its basically the Story they have to Follow.

They will find this Paradise, or at least another Engineer World... when they get there what they find would not be a Paradise that Shaw would have hoped, they would find that these Engineers are far from a nice Race, they are not Benevolent and indeed also that the Engineers are not God,  and that God was not shown in the first movie and that these God like beings that we have not yet met are not God in the traditional Sence, and they too are not Benevolent....  they are more Devil than God... the Engineers more like Dark Angels.

(Rapace added to this by saying David and Shaw are off to find God, but they would find maybe the Devil instead).

David will be bringing with him HELL and what happens if the Goo that the ship they are on comes into contact with God... or a Machine... what would be the outcome.

The movie will step away from the Gods element as far as maybe these Engineers being a Jolly Bunch of creators who create Mankind and Nurture it just as the God of the Bible and Gods of other Ancient Cultures did....

The movie would also be stepping away from Dragons, by that the Xeno and related Organisms, of which the Deacon in Prometheus was too much of a Xeno connectoion.

But there will be a NEW MONSTER one that would be New and Fresh and one that would be a fresher take on the Original Monster (Alien?)  but maybe would differ to the Xeno and Deacon.

It could be we see this new Monster in the 3rd Act... so 3rd part of the movie....

So Shaw and David must come to a agrement to have David re-assembled, and they must travel to and find Paradise or some other Engineer World....  they will most likely find maybe Engineers but also some other Race/Bieng that is at the top of the Hierarchy and this Race/Being and the Engineers are not a Nice bunch of guys and what they do as far as Agenda is certainly not nice...  Shaw wants answers from a potential God, and maybe Paradise to be similar to what cultures teach but instead she will find a place more like Hell with a God or Godlike Race that are more like the Devil.

Somethings would go down and ultimately David would unleash the Bio-Weapon even upon these Gods or indeed himself and in the process maybe create something NEW that is related to the Xeno.

This is the only Synopsis we can gather from what Ridley has said, and this is only as far as what David and Shaw find on Paradise and what David may have in store for what they find and the Cargo of Goo.

So this may not be the whole movie, their may be other parts that Ridley has not yet divulged any information....

But we have clues to some things.... like below..

Only that the Goo, and LV 223 and LV 426 are connected to the Xeno in some way, and that Blompkamps Alien 5 will be based on Aliens and the Xeno but maybe will be based on experiments on Xeno DNA.... but some of his ideas had to be changed as they conflicted with Ridleys ideas about the Xeno DNA connection between LV 223, LV 426, and the Engineers and their experiments.

THANATOS_CONTAGION

MemberOvomorphMay-14-2015 4:39 PM

so they're doing Revelations 13:1 for prometheus 2?

Thecook1122

MemberOvomorphMay-14-2015 6:28 PM

Im getting bummed why cant they just give us something official. 

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-15-2015 12:53 PM

I dont think they are in a Literal Sense THANATOS_CONTAGION but losely who knows...

@Thecook1122

Ridley has dropped sniplets, but i dont expect him to spill the beans, i think has the Summer passes we may get more bits of information from Ridley etc... but dont expect masses, unless their are others who can leak stuff....  But Ridley Scott plays his cards close to his chest.

The Person who gave me information said that over the next 6-9 months expect to see more information come about, but it would be quiet for the next few..... so i guess that means in the Summer to Fall we should see more info....

I am sure once The Martian is out Ridley will talk more about his next project and would be able to give clues to if indeed it would be Prometheus 2 and some idea of production start time.

The First Child

MemberOvomorphMay-19-2015 11:37 AM

BigDave, I thought the film was going to begin production in 2016? Has it changed to the fall?

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-20-2015 9:34 AM

There is no official word on a start date or release date, the 4th March 2016 has been up for a while but seriously that wont be a release date unless they have been working on the movie right after The Martian wrapped up etc.....

The source who told someone i know about a few things sugested the movie is actually in Pre-Production as of Fall 2014 by that its Draft Done, Concept work and Story Boards and basically visualising ideas of what they want the story in the Finished Draft to look like, had comenced.

They said and it can had been misinterpreted that Propper Production could start by Fall 2015 and hope to Get Shooting done by March 2016..... now i took that as maybe they start shooting etc Fall 2015 and hope to finish by March 2016... but it could easily had meant that Real Production starts Fall 2015 and that the March Shooting is when they wish to start shooting the movie...

They did say a Fall 2016 is a optimistic release date...

Again i cant tell if this source is true or not...  Funny enough Fasbenders Schedule was fully booked but he is not FREE as of the end of Summer 2015... so who knows.

BigDave

MemberDeaconJun-15-2015 10:18 AM

I think its time to tackle and put to bed this HELL ON EARTH rumours... as yes a number of sites keep rehashing the same Story over and over a few words changed here and there but the same all the same..

It all stems from a supposed off record comments made by Ridley Scot to a Nimrod Antal (Predators).

Lets go through each supposed Leak and then i will say why this information dont Add up

1) The upcoming 'Prometheus 2: Hell on Earth' is going to be set on Earth--hence the title

I find it hard to see how the sequel could be based on Earth if it is to cover events and questions left behind from Prometheus and Alien Franchise!  What is to be based on Earth and how can there be Hell involved?   Engineers comming to Earth?  David or the company managed to bring back a Engineer Ship and we see the Goo unleashed on Earth?

Nope i dont buy it as it seems in Alien and Aliens the company did not know much about the Xeno, never mind Engineers and if there had been encounters with such things surely its not on our own Door Step... Nope!

But lets continue....

2) The Company Intercept the Engineer Ship David is on as it is on its way to Earth.

I can understand that yes once David is in control of the Ship and if Shaw is in Cryo Sleep he is free to go where ever he wants... does he then follow company orders and bring the Cargo and Ship back to Earth?  Maybe.. it could happen but i have a few problems with this.... firstly would David not be interested to discover and find who ever created our Engineers and Mankind... who really is at the top of the Hierarchy?

Surely as the end of the first movie seemed to push thats where they are going does this not make sense as to where the movie goes..... ?  And by going to Earth as with first point... it would conflict with the Timeline of events... As far as Engineers Ships and Goo on our Door Step...

Ridley had already hinted at the beings they uncover not being Gods and not wanting to see God in the first movie (hence what we find is not Engineers).  And he has said these beings are not very nice.. and are more Devil than God.

Nope!

3) David might come back just as a head, after he was decapitated in the first movie.

Really?  they are going to cast the best Actor from the first movie and one of the best Actors out there as just a Head?  Well one of his latest movies he was cast as a person who you never saw his Head as Frankie Sidebottom so who knows lol.

Seriously i cant see them have Fasbender playing Davids head for even a small portion of the movie, yes maybe we will see him headless for a short while but surely his head goes back on and we have to assume this could have happened by the end of Prometheus but maybe we shall see the scene that led to this...  as there is a very good and interesting Dynamic between Shaw and David and how she cant trust him, but has no choice and David will persaude her to fix him.... Ridley has hinted at this many times.

So David to be a Head for the most part... Nope!

4) Dr. Shaw's character Dies sometime within the movie, which will pave the way for the entry of a new female character.

Really they going to kill Shaw off to replace her with a New Character?  Half way through?  Maybe we just cant be sure but then the same leak claims that while Prometheus 2 is set on Earth hence Hell on Earth....  it is Prometheus 3 that will show us the Engineers Homeworld Paradise and David and Shaws journey there...

When she is Dead?  Nope!

Unless Part 2 is set after Part 3...

5) Prometheus 3 will be Paradise and where we finally see David and Shaw find the Engineers Homeworld.

Having waited so long to tell the story of where Shaw and David go after the Ship they are on leaves LV 223, why would they give us a movie of them going to Earth and then have them going to Paradise in the 3rd movie?

Surely the above 4 points would conflict with this.... So David takes Ship to Earth company get hand on Engineer Tech, and Shaw Dies, or maybe does.. and then we see David and Shaw then go to Paradise in the 3rd movie?  Why and how?  Do they use another Juggernaught on LV 223, or does David take the Juggernaught back after the company get there hands on it?

Nope!

The only way this would work is if Part 3 is set before Part 2...

The other re-hashed points seem to be taken from a few leaks i gave from someone which again has to be taken as a pinch of salt... i cant comment on those, because i already have..

But as far as David being Headless taking his Ship to Earth to unleash Hell or that Hell is unleashed by the company messing with the Engineers Bio Weapons and seeing Shaw Die only to then see them leave for Paradise after makes no Sense what so ever!

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-31-2015 6:53 AM

Update....

I spoke yesterday to the person who passed info onto me and asked them a few more things and they said they should not really talk much and the person who told them has not told them nothing new and basically everything they had been told vaguely i have already passed on..

But when i spoke about the Concept work they did describe what they was told and its more than they passed on before...  So again with a Pinch of Salt...

As i said before they described a scene that looked like the Matrix Pods that Mankind is kept in stasis in, and that they could make out what looked like Babies that had a look similar to the Clone Room in Alien Resurection.

The other they described was a Bio-Mechanical Complex like inside of a Chapel with a Humanoid somehow connected to this Bio-Mechanical Machine/Complex like how the Deacon is merged to the Mural.

But they yesterday said that at that time the person described a few more peices of work which they got a vague look at which included that there was a few of the location or a location that was dark and looked more like LV 426  than LV 223 or anything more thriving like Earth.

Another showed what looked like the insides of a Derelict/Jugernaught as well as 2 Juggernaughts in space (but could be different angles of same craft).

They said that there was a dark landscape with what appeared to be very Giger Inspired Obelisks and some statues that was not quite Human and had a look of some of those in the Valley of the Kinges Eygpt look to them.

Finally what looked like 4 Planets but could have been 4 moons, and a like Nebula in the background.

There was no work seen on anything that resembles any Xenos or Monsters or even Engineers or other Races...

So again take with a Pinch of Salt...... but adding it all up does seem to paint a picture of a very dark world that David and Shaw find..... but again we will find out if thats the case within 12 months as i think by this time next year we should have more information out...  But doubt we will see the movie by then.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Jonesy
Jonesy » Facehugger
91% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums