Alien Movie Universe

Paradise production time

1838 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

The First Child

MemberOvomorphMay-04-2015 11:31 AM

Does anyone know if the production for Prometheus 2 (or Paradise) will begin in the fall of 2015. Or winter of 2016?

10 Replies

claudius

MemberOvomorphMay-06-2015 3:23 PM

MY SOURCE SAY THAT IS NO SCRIPT FOR PROMETHEUS 2 AND THE PRODUCTION DON T START IN 2015!!!

Membrane

MemberFacehuggerMay-07-2015 1:56 PM

Claudius, what sources do you have that say they have not started on a script?  Many other sources say otherwise, and in fact, Ridley himself says it's complete in this Empire article.  Maybe Ridley Scott is lying, but why lie about the script being complete?

And from everything else I have read, my guess is he is already into production on the movie.

But of course, I'd love to hear what your sources are saying and where they get their information.

The First Child

MemberOvomorphMay-10-2015 1:57 PM

I heard they came up with 15 scripts. However I am wondering if they are planning production in the fall of 2015 or early 2016.

Thecook1122

MemberOvomorphMay-10-2015 9:46 PM

Sources membrane? its all over the internet . Fassbender said it was happening but when who knows? That empire issue is old and ridley hired new writer since then . Theres really nothing official . 

Membrane

MemberFacehuggerMay-11-2015 7:38 AM

I agree there is nothing official, that is not why I asked.  Saying there is "no script" is a definitive statement and I would say we've gotten a lot of information on the subject that is anything but definitive.  That's why I asked if there were sources to make such a definitive statement.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-11-2015 8:00 AM

We just cant be sure, they have kind of had a idea of what they are planning and they have done many Scripts so far, we cant say for sure if one has been finalised yet i.e Final One that they will start to shoot from.  Or when production will begin.

A source i had sugested that the broad strokes are complete they had a draft ready as of October/November 2014 some concept works done but the movie is far from ready to shoot due to commitments by Cast Members they wish to use for the movie...  And that changes to the story could be made as the team come up with some ideas, and some changes had to be made to tie in with other movies.

This person said that pre-production could start by this fall, but main shooting not untill March time 2016  And a Fall 2016 would be a over optimistic release date.

At the moment the basic plot has changed little by little over last year, i guess its a case of schedule of Ridley and cast members and that when they have everyone they need there could be changes made here and there.

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-11-2015 8:11 AM

I would futher like to add that it would appear that Fox had somewhat given the Green Light to the movie near enough as soon as Prometheus was released, the movie had lended to a Sequel and a Sequel that could have two outcomes because the movie had two endings.

Since the release of the Movie a lot of changes was made in pre-release as far as cut scenes and Edits that pointed to them wanting to make a few changes to Prometheus so that it would fit more in with any sequel they had.

It would be wise to assume that after the movie came about that Fox and Ridley had ideas of where they would like to take the Franchise next.... over the next year they would have tried to flesh out those ideas and bring in Script Writters.

Which they did, and Paglen had worked on a draft that was changed and changed until they brought in Green to work on the draft....  

At this point they would have had the idea of where this movie is heading this could well had been as of Fall 2014.....    But it has been quiet since then and we can only assume that commitments of Ridley have led to him not able to work on the project but with The Martian done and dusted it would free up Ridley more but he may have other projects he has planned too.

I would say they know what they want to do, and where they want to go... its now finding the time where Ridley and Production staff are free and cast members they want for the movie are free....

From here to then, yes potentially things could change... and a Final Draft is not always what we get on film.....  Prometheus is slightly different to the Lindeloff Final Draft... and then even  after that there was futher changes to the movie after the Shooting Draft.

So many things can change still but i would say as of NOW they know roughly what the movie would be.... and by that i recon as far as if we take Lindeloffs Draft for Prometheus....

So i would ASSUME that the Plot for the movie that they have NOW would most likely be 75% of what the Plot would be as and when Shooting is finished....  by that i think they know what the movie is to cover and yes some may evolve or change by the time of release.... but the most part it would be what they already have as far as Drafts done.

claudius

MemberOvomorphMay-11-2015 2:40 PM

alien 5 will go first and prometheus 2 after !!this is why ridley meet blomkamp to alter script so that it wouldnt conflict with the story of prometheus!!

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-11-2015 5:57 PM

Who knows a few things could had been changed to take into account Blomkamps movie, what we know is his movie is set AFTER Aliens... but will in a way be a alternative sequel to replace Alien 3 and Alien R.....

It was only from Alien 3 and Alien R that gave us more clues that the company could only get DNA of the Xeno from Ripley.....  and also in Aliens it was vague as to how much did those in power at the Company Actually know about the Derelict and Alien and now we have LV 223....

Maybe the company knew more than we was led to be shown and by doing a new sequel to Aliens that does away with Alien 3 and Alien R and connects to Prometheus this is something they could explore.

BigDave

MemberDeaconMay-14-2015 7:25 AM

LETS TAKE A DETAILED LOOK AT PRODUCTION!

I think to be honest that maybe Production has ALREADY began on the movie as far as pre-production Ridley confirmed they had worked on many drafts and they have a Final Draft... he said its Finished......    so what is stopping Production?

Well rumours have been going on and on and on about possible Production time with a while ago people sugesting it would start shooting in 2014, but they had not really had a finished draft then the movie had gone through a few changes and a lot of the Broad Strokes they already knew as far as roughly what they want as far back as 2012...  they then gave these ideas to Jack Paglen to then base a Draft on what Fox and Ridley was aiming for as far back as Summer 2013.... this is when Paglen would started work on it... Then  They then brought in Micheal Green to re-work the variours Drafts that Paglen had done.....

Ridley Scott had then said by September 2014 that its evolved past 15 drafts and so its nearly done.   And as of around September to October Noomi Rapace  had a mild idea of what Ridley had in mind but she did not know fully the details.... or did she not want to spill any beans.... so it would seem that a draft had not been finished as far as passing onto would be Cast Members?

From November 2014 Ridley Scott then released some more information about the movie which he mentioned "No more Gods or Dragons"  which implies they must have a good idea about what the movie would and would not be about and its since then that we have had very little information released... Ridley Scott had been bust working on The Martian

Now the person who had told me, they spoke to someone who had some information on the movie... claimed that as of October 2014 the Final Draft was done... finished.. Conceptual and Story Board work had then begun bassed off the draft ideas.

The movie however would not start shooting mainly because of Commitments to Cast Members but once thier Schedules are free then work would most likely start which would be sometime Fall 2015 and hope to finish by March 2016.

Is this true?  who knows....

But certainly looks like a Draft could have been done by end of 2014 from the comments Ridley has said over the period...

We got news March about Neil Blomkamps planned Alien 5 and ithas been given a Green Light with Ridley Scott working close on the Project and some of Blomkamps ideas for Alien 5 had to be changed as they conflict with Prometheus 2.  This does not mean Prometheus 2 has been changed from its ideas but some could be Changed yet.

So while Prometheus 2 could very well have a Draft done as of Fall 2014, and waiting for Cast Members to become Free, a few changes can happen a few tweeks here and there by the time A Shooting Draft is done and even during Shooting itself.. this happened with Promethues....

Looking at Commitments we know the main 100% Characters are Shaw and David,  and it seems that Fassbenders Schedule was very very busy but he would now be freed up after the Summer 2015 after X-Men Apocalypse wraps up and so give him some time off to relax and maybe read the Script for Prometheus 2 it could be possible that a Fall 2015 Start Time could be more Likely indeed..... 

Prometheus had begun Production 2010 as far as Drafts to Concept, and actual Main Shooting began May 2011 but Principal Photography as far back as March 2011 and most of the movie was done by Winter 2015 with last few days of Shooting some Scenes in January 2012...

So from START of actual Production of Props, Costumes Practicle Effects and Shooting Scenes to FINISH..   Was a 10 Month Period and so if Prometheus 2 starts in Fall 2015 there is no way the movie would be in Cinema by March 2016....  The source i had said they want to Finish most shooting by end of March 2016 which gives from rumoured Start Time to rumoured Finish if the source is right of 6 months which seems very Short indeed.

And after a movie wraps up Shooting, it can take a futher 4-6 Months of Edit work and extra effects and Music etc before a release date... So indeed a Late Summer, Early Fall release date would look to be the Earliest we could see our Prometheus 2

A lot of movies and especially Ridley Scott ones seem to have a Turn Around of 12 Months from Start of Actual On Set Production to Actual release in Theaters.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Praetorian
86% To Next Rank
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
91% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
76% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums