Jurassic World Movies

Change to the Raptors?

1213 Views6 Replies
Forum Topic

Jynx

MemberCompsognathusApr-12-2015 9:51 PM

I just watched a small clip from the new Jurassic World game and it called the Raptors "Utahraptor". That and the fact that in all the promotion for the movie I've only seen them specified as "Raptors" makes me think maybe they'll move away from calling them Velociraptors. If that did happen do you guys think there'd be any backlash or anger?

6 Replies

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusApr-12-2015 10:05 PM

I don't know. I mean, of course a section of the fanbase would be upset, but afterall, this is a new park. I for one, am okay with this, as it could explain several oddities others as well as myself have noticed about Star Lord's raptors.

Here, have a waffle (-'.')-#

Something Real

MemberTyrannosaurus RexApr-12-2015 10:14 PM

JYNX - This is a very interesting piece of information you have brought to us! Hmm...I can certainly understand why the change is being implemented. After all, the animals we see in each and every Jurassic Park film are a bit too robust to be Velociraptors - by quite a significant margin! I am uncertain if there will be a great deal of dissent over the decision to make such a change. However, I am fairly confident that there will be a large amount of feedback! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :)

Jynx

MemberCompsognathusApr-12-2015 11:43 PM

I'd personally be fine with them being refered to as simply Raptors, but a scene where someone calles them Velociraptors and is corrected would be pretty funny. The only real reason I can't see them doing it is because most people aren't as into this sort of thing as most of us are and would be completely lost when they're told the Raptors are actually Utahraptor. Good thing we don't have much longer to wait and find out.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusApr-13-2015 1:10 PM

I knew they're not Velociraptors, but if they just called them Raptors, that would be fine.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

TheDinosaurMan

MemberCompsognathusApr-13-2015 8:01 PM

When you get farther into the game, you unlock Velociraptors.  Utahraptors aren't the only ones in the game

jpjoe84

MemberCompsognathusApr-15-2015 9:37 AM

If that was the case, I dont think there will be any backlash, as long as the Raptors and the movie as a whole is worth the price of admission. Interesting post BTW. I was slighting dissapointed when seeing the trailer for the first time and hearing the Raptors making the same sounds as in the past three films. So that lead me to believe that the Raptors in JW had to be the same old over sized JP Velociraptors, but when I saw the second trailer and noticed the I-Rex's roar was identical to the T-rex I thought maybe the new JW Raptor sounds haven't been revealed yet. Cant wait to find out!! Does that make sense? ha

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Jurassic Park/World Jurassic Park Fandom
Jurassic World Movies Forums
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Jurassic World
Jurassic World Discuss Jurassic World Here
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Discuss Jurassic Park 1 - 3
Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic Park Games Talk About Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic World Merchandise
Jurassic World Merchandise Discuss Jurassic World merchandise here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Latest Jurassic Fandom Activity

JurassicWorld-Movies.com is a fan website dedicated to all things Jurassic Park and Jurassic World! This website was developed, created and is maintained by Jurassic Park fans and is not officially affiliated with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment or any other respective owners of Jurassic World IP.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums