Godzilla Movie

I've got an idea for Gigan's backstory.

3956 Views11 Replies
Forum Topic

MonsterMovieguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-12-2015 6:30 PM

Like in Final Wars, I'm going to do what the discussion below me is doing, same thing with Ghidorah, he came from a meteor, his objective was to find something. How would the characters know that? He looks like he's walking, of course, but, it took him too long so overtime, he becomes mummified. I don't know how he... Ah, yes, like with the M.U.T.Os, the humans mess around and he awakes. Sound good?

"By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill that promise. They never will! Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people."

11 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMar-12-2015 7:47 PM

Although I feel like Gigan is one of the most under-explored monsters in the series, I don't see him entering the Legendary universe.

Although this is a fitting topic considering today is the 43rd anniversary of Godzilla vs. Gigan.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-12-2015 8:34 PM

The only way Gigan could be fit into the Legendary series is most likely either by completely overhauling his origin to something barely recognizable or by shifting the series into less grounded sci-fi fare, neither of which are steps I think Gareth Edwards would want to take. If Gigan reappears in a Toho film in the future, which I'm sure he will, an origin like this could work just fine.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-12-2015 9:30 PM

Let's not forget Gareth's first foray into the giant monster genre, where Alien spores arrived on a comet from space. Also, he's directing a Star Wars spin-off, which is high fantasy. Who knows how this new experience will mold the next Godzilla film. Hopefully he picks up some new tricks. I don't see Gigan being in the films, but just saying Gareth shouldn't be above throwing in sci-fi/fantasy given his track record... so long as it's well sxplained.

And on the original post - don't be so vague. Otherwise it's a pointless, empty post. If you have an origin idea, flesh it out and Fill in the gaps. You said "he was to find something." What?

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMar-12-2015 11:02 PM

MONSTERMOVIEGUY - How very interesting! Hmm...I would say that, in my opinion, one of the best ways to present Gigan is in an almost horror-like atmosphere - perhaps in a fashion somewhat similar to films like Moon TrapPrometheus and Virus. It could be that he is a relic from a long dead civilization, one of which mankind will find almost no evidence aside form the unfathomably old chamber that holds him. However, Gigan is a tool of destruction; a biomechanical super weapon designed for an unknown purpose - perhaps to protect the now-extinct civilization from another giant creature (perhaps King Ghidorah)! In the end, I feel that Gigan would need to be a real monster - something that makes sense only because it plays upon our fears of the unknown! :)

MonsterMovieguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2015 5:16 AM

^ Gosh dangit, that sounds cool! That seems better than my idea!

@Wolfguy they don't know, we don't don't know what. I don't know what. That's the mystery.

"By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill that promise. They never will! Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people."

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMar-13-2015 6:39 AM

MONSTERMOVIEGUY - Hahaha! It is not better - just a different perspective! Your idea has just as much potential; all you must do is build upon it and draw out the details and I am certain that you would have an utterly fantastic background for Gigan! :)

kaijus br

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2015 11:48 AM

hello staff, only brazilian so vo are using the google translator to talk to you guys, so do not be surprised if you have any wrong words, coz google sometimes cofunde phrases.

I was thinking que the godzilla 3, Could by Mechagodzilla and gigan, like the government is taking an iniciativa anti kaiju weapon, so the Mechagodzilla and the gigan, for the giant I thought i could get the body werent, and tornalo Cyborg (course ) the male werent lost part of chest where otimo are the mountains of the belly, in addition to his arms be of the blades of gigan format,could have a scene he loses control and destroys everything

MonsterMovieguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2015 3:23 PM

Yeah, I like that part.

Gigan89

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-13-2015 5:46 PM

Well, Gareth Edwards did tease a 'man-made' monster for future films which could easily be Gigan. Personally, I think he means Mechagodzilla - it could even be something totally original - but, if it were Gigan, I wouldn't be against it. I prefer him to be an intergalactic threat but I can live with him being a cyborg weapon built by humans as a means of defence.

I would maybe have him do a near perfect job of defending the human race only for him to malfunction in some way and begin an uncontrollable rampage before he is stopped by Godzilla and perhaps an ally or two. Bit of a cliche, I know, but I feel like it's the best use for Gigan in the "grounded" Legendary series, if they are to use him at all.

Whatever happens, Gigan will still be awesome in my eyes!

Durp004

MemberBaragonMar-14-2015 5:32 AM

Gareth never said anything about a man made kaiju a fake news website posted an article and people seem to have selectivve memories and only remember what the site said rather than the source that published it.

I don't know how Gigan would fit into the legendary universe or even if he should be put in there. The basic idea most people seem to have with him is humans find a dead or extremely injured monster repair it with mechanical parts, and then things go awry. I don't necessarily have a problem with this idea, but not a huge fan of it either.

Gigan89

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-14-2015 7:29 AM

Ok, fair enough. I don't spend much time verifying sources and/or information, to be honest, and so sometimes my facts are either a little crooked or completely nonexistent lol.

Anyway, I'm not too bothered about which monsters are used in the next couple of movies or how they are used, that was just my suggestion for Gigan. As long as the human elemant is either minimised or improved from the first installment, I will probably be happy. 

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums