Leonard Nimoy Tribute Thread

4,090 Views5 Replies
Forum Topic

Gavin

MemberLegendFeb-27-2015 11:46 AM

Today at the age of 83 star of Star Trek, Fringe and Invasion of the Body Snatchers passed away. The science fiction legend recently starred in the rebooted Star Trek movies alongside the 21st century reimagining of his character Mr. Spock played by Zachary Quinto. In preparation of a fitting tribute to such a legend among his many, many fans we ask that our members post their memories of Mr Nimoy in this thread; lets say 200 words maximum. These will be compiled together in a tribute and recollection of a true legend.

Leonard Nimoy

1931 - 2015

Live Long & Prosper

5 Replies

Gojira2K

MemberNoobFeb-27-2015 12:31 PM

Ah Leonard Nimoy! I first saw him in the TV series Fringe. I hadn't been a fan of Star Trek before that, to be honest, I didn't know what Star Trek was, so I didn't really know who he was or what he had been in. He did an amazing performance. But after that, I didn't see him in much.

Until, in 2009, J. J. Abram's Star Trek came out in theaters. Thanks to that movie,I become a Star Trek fan. And thanks to him and Zachary Quinto, Spock was my favorite character. After that I began watching the original Star Trek series. Without Nimoy, the show couldn't have become as much as an icon as it is today.

When Star Trek: Into Darkness was announced, I severely hoped that he would come back, that and I hoped that this movie featured Khan Noonian Singh. Luckily, I was right on both accounts. Of course I had hoped he would be in Star Trek 3, but sadly, that will never happen.

Leonard Nimoy was an amazing actor and a great man. May he rest in peace.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Something Real

MemberLegendFeb-27-2015 12:35 PM

I can not express my sorrow for the loss of such a memorable man. Nimoy's career and works inspired so many to change the world and themselves. I will not say googdbye - only smile through the tears as I know the end to physical life is not the end of life.

Svanya

Admin2KFeb-27-2015 2:20 PM

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. You will be missed.

Embedded image permalink

djrees56

MemberNoobMar-02-2015 9:00 PM

Rest in Peace Mr.Nimoy :(

oduodu

MemberConversationalistMar-03-2015 11:35 PM

generation defining actor

RIP

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
All Fandoms
Sci-Fi Movies All Fandoms
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Jurassic Park / World Jurassic Park Fandom
Marvel & DC Marvel & DC Fandom
Star Wars Star Wars Fandom
Recently Active Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Chris
Chris » Atman
48% To Next Rank
Svanya
Svanya » 2K
87% To Next Rank
Dark Nebula
Dark Nebula » Conversationalist
82% To Next Rank
GodzillaHugeFan2014
GodzillaHugeFan2014 » Noob
52% To Next Rank
Titanosaurus_
Titanosaurus_ » Noob
42% To Next Rank
Latest Activity
Scified Community Stats
Scified hosts a network of online communities containing 404,546 posts by 48,012 members (22 are online now). The Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Forum is the most recently active forum. The latest Forum topic added was: Did you notice the Battle Damaged Xenomorph?
VIPWhat are VIP?AdminModeratorSpecial TitleMember

Scified is an entertainment website and media network offering scoops and reporting on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and titles of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums