Alien Movie Universe

Prometheus 2 Production time

1898 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

The First Child

MemberOvomorphFeb-19-2015 7:44 PM

Does anyone know when Prometheus is expected or might begin production. Also are the 15 scripts writtten for the film from the same writter or different writters?

13 Replies

Svanya

AdminPraetorianFeb-19-2015 8:05 PM

15 scripts? 

cuponator3000

MemberChestbursterFeb-19-2015 8:17 PM

I think there was a ridiculous amount of scripts written, I do not know abotu 25, but I know that the number if drafts is high. Well, I do not know. I think I saw that somewhere on the internet that there was a lot of scripts. Haha I have much less information on this than I thought.

Althought the relase date was last rumored to be March 2016, correct?

Not a map, an invitation

Major Noob

MemberOvomorphFeb-20-2015 6:33 AM

So far according to Ridley there are 15 drafts between two writers, Jack Paglen and Michael Green. The March 2016 date I think was most recently posted by Chris Picard in a piece about Alien 5 from I think yesterday,  so if he's saying it there must be at least a chance it's official? 

BigDave

MemberDeaconFeb-20-2015 6:54 AM

Well there wont be 15 very different drafts... not like they have made 15 plots...

They would have made 15 changes to the first draft, but this is normal... with Prometheus we have all seen (well most have) Spaights and Lindleloffs drafts but those are not the only one they did, those two drafts would have also had changes, i would assume that Prometheus would have gone through at least 5 drafts changes...

Part 2 will have many more because of the number of plot points that have not been covered and unanswered and connections with Alien they do or do not wish to cover, and the whole scope of giving us who is behind those Engineers and ultimately Mankind.

This is a HUGE SCOPE and a very very trickey one.

I could write a rough Prometheus reboot, that would not be a massive task, or even a Alien Orgins or a Alien 5..... But trying to do a prequel that has to make some sense of the plot line that Prometheus gave is a headache.... i started work on a draft but when it came down to some points it was just very hard as there was like a large number of potential ideas that would all to some degree not fit in with some other elements.

So doing Prometheus 2 is a very tough ask... this is why i think its taking so long and so many re-writes.

Another point is Ridley and Fox would want to get this RIGHT!  They would want to make this movie a big big sucsess and so they are taking time and besides every Alien Sequel has taken a average of 6 years...

From Alien to Aliens = 7 years

Aliens to Alien 3 = 6 years

Alien 3 to Alien R = 5 years

So by average standard Prometheus 2 would be expected about 2018, but we can not garuntee that would be the case, it could be earlier.

I also think that they would want to finish the franchise soon, so they would either give us a 3 hour movie or so, or two parts...  thats if they are going to do a 3rd movie.  But if they plan to then i think while the wait from Part 1 to 2 would be longer than 4 years for sure, i dont think the wait to a Part 3 if there is one would be more than 2 years latter.

I would assume they would want Prometheus Franchise done and dusted as far as connection to everything we know about the Engineers now and connection to Earth etc.. I think they would want to get that Story done by 2018-2020 latest.

This does not mean they can not do futher movies in the franchise that do not connect to Alien at all... i.e some plot about the Engineers and their creators elsewhere in the Universe far far away from Earth and Mankind.   Or a story about the Weyland Company its Androids and other things that are not connected to Alien Races etc...

Or even a Colonal Marines movie...

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

GustavoHR

MemberOvomorphFeb-20-2015 7:06 AM

The March 2016 date is unrealistic and shouldn't even be mentioned anymore. There is no official word on when production is set to begin, though one can assume it will be only after Michael Fassbender finishes shooting Assassin's Creed, which is his next acting gig.

Major Noob

MemberOvomorphFeb-20-2015 8:15 AM

Oh yeah not at all suggesting 15 different plots, yuk yuk.

Being who he is, and what Spaights/ Lindelof had to say, I imagine RS already had a strong outline when writing for P2 began, if not long before. And I could be misquoting the date, didn't check. That said, I AM hopeful for sooner rather than later, as I'm really wanting a Ridley Scott product.

BigDave

MemberDeaconFeb-20-2015 9:04 AM

Yeah Major Noob, i was not saying that you thought there was 15 different plots.... ;)

We have to consider their is a lot of potential plots that need covering, so so many things could been changed.... they could have for example 4 different ideas as to what state the Engineer culture is in when David and Shaw turn up..

There is like a near infinate number of ways they could go....

We especially have to look at the MAJOR plot elements as far as Engineers...

The movie hinted these Engineers created us, came back and taught us what we know and upgraded us, then they stopped... why? 

The movie shows us LV 223 is not their home, and they come from Paradise, this again opens up massive plot potential.

Off screen Ridley has said these Engineers could have not only seeded life on Earth but throughout the Galaxy, this leaves potential for many many Humanoid races.

Ridley then also said these Engineers are not Gods, and he did not want to meet God in the first movie, and the way the Elders scenes was removed could show us they are planning to re-design the hierarchy of the Engineers...

With so many ways this could evolve, its no wonder that they would have so many kinds of draft...

BigDave

MemberDeaconFeb-20-2015 9:12 AM

As far as a Date.....

All Ridley has said is the movie WILL HAPPEN, but so is Bladerunner 2 and Ridley will direct at least one of those, and he would also be heavly involved with the other in some kind of capacity.

We then have to consider not only his schedule, but also Fassbenders as he is very busy..

We can be sure the roughly know the main PLOT POINTS by now, and surely Ridley would have a few sketches of how he wants some of the things in those plot points to look like.  I would not be suprised if he has short listed some shooting locations also.

We really cant be sure what stage they have got so far, they may even had shot some scenes already... it would made sense to Shoot the David and Shaw scenes after Shaw leaves the crashed Juggernaught to when we see the other Ship fly off at the end of the movie...

Maybe they have not shot such a scene, but i would thought made sense to had covered some, while they had the Set of the inside of the Juggernaughts, save having rebuild again but who knows....

Prometheus took 2 years from start of main Production to Release, and i dont think they would have started any main production yet, but as far as final draft and concept work i am sure this has to be close to some degree.

I cant see them shooting the movie untill this fall at the earliest and i think to expect the movie to come out prior to May 2017 would be very unlikely unless work had started after the Martian had finished...

I am going for a June 2017 Earliest to June 2018 Latest as for when we will see the next Instalment... but this is just a Guess.

hardboiled

MemberOvomorphFeb-20-2015 8:01 PM

Unless they started production 6 months ago March next year is not going to happen.

The First Child

MemberOvomorphFeb-21-2015 12:01 AM

Does anyone know how long the production time of Prometheus was?

Membrane

MemberFacehuggerFeb-21-2015 7:34 AM

This is all speculation and guesswork on my part...

- Pre-production (story boarding, scouting, script tweaks) on 'Prometheus' was about a year, but I would say they've been in some form of pre-production on 'Prometheus 2' off and on, to what extent, I have no idea.

- Principal photography, which is the piece I am most interested in knowing when they start as it will help us determine when we might see the movie released, was about 80 days on 'Prometheus'.  I figure 'The Martian', which is Ridley Scott's current directorial project started principal photography in November 2014.  Using the same amount of time, I would say that is complete, meaning they are on post-production now.

- Post-production (editing, music, re-shoots, etc.) was quite a long time on 'Prometheus' from what I understand.  There were a lot of things Scott was learning and tweaking along the way (his first time with 3D) and he had a few extra shoots he did.  I believe it was 8 months.  Taking this into account for 'The Martian', and knowing it's release date is this November, I would venture to guess, if 'P2:P' is his next directorial effort, that he will start principal photography this summer (and the earliest release in the fall of 2016, maybe November, but certainly not the spring, ie, March).  We may start hearing some rumblings of it in the next month or so because post-production on 'The Martian' should afford him some free time to focus on more pre-production for 'P2:P' and we should definitely start hearing about it when they start to promote 'The Martian' later this spring/summer for sure.

BigDave

MemberDeaconFeb-23-2015 7:19 AM

Some sources are pointing to a March 2016 release date.... unless they can film the movie and wrap up editing fast and thats considering that the Plot and Concept work is most likely finished or near done.. i can see March 2016 as unlikely, i think that start of production would be about this Fall, and i would think a May-June 2017 is more likely date...

I will stick my neck out and say we wont see Prometheus 2 prior to October 2016 and it wont come out after June 2018... so i still think a 2017 release date looks the most likely but this is not to be taken as Fact...

GustavoHR

MemberOvomorphFeb-26-2015 6:28 PM
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Praetorian
86% To Next Rank
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
91% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
76% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums