Jurassic World Movies

Jurassicworld.com dinosaur mistakes.

5187 Views8 Replies
Forum Topic

jurassicworld

MemberCompsognathusJan-24-2015 2:58 AM

1. Triceratops

This is the current image of Triceratops

and this is what Triceratops used to look like.

It still has the same features, but the colours are completely different. Its gone from a dirt-brown to a rhino-grey.

2. Ankylosaurus

This is the current image of Ankylosaurus

and there is also a picture from the side.

This is what it looked like when it first appeared in Jurassic Park III.

Not only has the face colour gone (I think we can agree the missing bit of red on the face isn't something to get worked up about) but the face details have changed slightly. For instance, on the original ankylosaurs cheek there is a large but blunt horn, that couldn't really be used as a major defense. On the new ones cheek the horn is much longer and sharper looking, which makes no sense at all.

I have run out of space, but I will make another one of these soon. If your wondering what it will be called, its Jurassicworld.com dinosaur mistakes 2.

8 Replies

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusJan-24-2015 5:44 AM

(Please continue this!!!)

I really enjoyed this topic! Some of the things I didn't realize about the dinosaurs were stated here.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsJan-24-2015 9:37 AM

I think the Trike in the first movie was a sub-adult, that's why the colour's a bit different.  Besides, look at the horns and frill ornaments in both images.  The JP horns don't bend and the frill spikes are much sharper, while the JW horns are longer and bend, and the frill spikes are smaller and even a bit duller.  Differences b/w age and sex?  Almost certain!

The different colours and jaw horn sof the JP3 and JW ankylosaurs could be attributed to the same factors above, or the fact that they're from 2 different islands, probably being 2 different subspecies.  Almost all of the JP3 ankylosaurs seen in the movie were born on Sorna, thus making the allele frequency for this hide colour scheme much higher.

Another thing to consider is that more of each dinosaur species' genetic code have been uncovered and incorporated into JW's animals.  Claire even said in the trailer that within the last 10 years, more advances in genetics have been made than in 100 years of paleontology.  Maybe she not only means that creating I.rex is quite possible, but that the JW dinos are more dinosaur than in JP?

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsJan-24-2015 9:42 AM

In fact, the biggest problem on the JW site is the dinosaur size chart, with all their inaccurate scaling.

x_paden_x

MemberCompsognathusJan-24-2015 10:57 AM

The colours are indeed bland.

But keep in mind, One of the Glorius things about CGI Means that they can change the colour of the Dinosaur in the final cut, Giving it brighter and Better colours.

These are also all grey in colour... Which is bothersome because Unless they purposley did that, It means these are just Basic CG Models intended to satisfy the audience until further.

Although the Site is full of completely Inaccurate statistics... 

I think that they're using a "It's a Fictional story" To by pass all real reason for them not having accurate things. 

Life cannot be contained, it breaks walls, crashes through barriers sometimes painfully, but uh... Life uh, finds a way

Raptor-401

MemberAllosaurusJan-24-2015 11:07 AM

I sort of noticed this in the trailer, they better change the colors to be more colorful. The greyness makes them look not as majestic as I personally imagine dinosaurs.

Thanks for posting this, gives me more awareness of the blandness of the dinosaurs, hopefully they're gonna change the colors, afterall it should be easy to do since it's CGI.

IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL!!!

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusJan-24-2015 11:49 AM

I agree with @Alphadino65 and @x_paden_x here. However, the site's pictures for Stegosaurus and Gallimimus are pretty true to their designs. However, most of the dinosaurs on the website are pretty bland in color.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

dinoboy22

MemberCompsognathusJan-24-2015 3:34 PM

i think the gallimimus actually looked better in the site. you can actually see some of the striping on it unlike the trailer 

Allotitan

MemberCompsognathusJan-25-2015 3:35 PM

This is a really interesting list. I never noticed these before. You should continue this.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Tell life I don't want you're damn lemons, and then squeeze them into life's eyes!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Jurassic Park/World Jurassic Park Fandom
Jurassic World Movies Forums
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Jurassic World
Jurassic World Discuss Jurassic World Here
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Discuss Jurassic Park 1 - 3
Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic Park Games Talk About Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic World Merchandise
Jurassic World Merchandise Discuss Jurassic World merchandise here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Latest Jurassic Fandom Activity

JurassicWorld-Movies.com is a fan website dedicated to all things Jurassic Park and Jurassic World! This website was developed, created and is maintained by Jurassic Park fans and is not officially affiliated with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment or any other respective owners of Jurassic World IP.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums