Godzilla Movie

Concerning King Ghidorah

5730 Views19 Replies
Forum Topic

Smaugzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 11:47 AM

I've been going over in my head as to what King ghidorah might look like for a new generation of film goers. Something that remains faithful to the three headed golden boy that we know so well but at the same time bring something new to his appearance.

Persanally I would like to see him more dragon/serpentine like in appearance. Lately I've been using Smaug from The Hobbit films as inspiration. It would be interesting to see him with fingers on his wing joints and using them to walk with.

After watching The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, I was very much impressed by the opening scene in which Smaug incinerated Lake-Town. I keep imagining a similar style scene in the new G film in which King Ghidorah is raining fire and death down on a city with Aaron Taylor-Johnson looking on helplessly. It's just a thought :)

Imagine King Ghidorah in the place of Smaug...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UeqXEKrT10&list=LLW7nYdpPgGatBlWEj0Gii7Q

Would love to know what others think on this matter :)

19 Replies

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJan-23-2015 12:54 PM

Interestinng! The scene with Smaug would be cool to be see in the new film exceptm King Ghidorah replacing Smaug, etc.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 1:01 PM

id rather like him to have trairs of a chinese dragon, smaug is cool but he is more simillar to a wyvern than a normal dragon

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-23-2015 1:13 PM

I found this under legendary's king ghidorah design on google images, although it is a fan made artwork but this could help you out a little. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Durp004

MemberBaragonJan-23-2015 1:56 PM

I really didn't find Smaug's design that great, I think people are just pointing him out because he's the most popular dragon to come out in a long time, but I think if I, or anyone else for that matter, really looked at some old dragon designs from past movies we'd find a more suitable Dragon to model Ghidorah after.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-23-2015 1:58 PM

^Yeah, personally i loved the Dragons designs from the movie Reign of fire. Ever watch it?

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-23-2015 2:00 PM

^Have to agree. I don't find the Smaug design very appealing and I don't think it's very suitable for King Ghidorah.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonJan-23-2015 2:01 PM

Yeah the movie where dragons essenially take over. Dumb premise but fun movie to watch. Personally if we're just looking at modeling the heads the movie Dragon Wars, ridiculous as it was had a pretty cool dragon design.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-23-2015 2:04 PM

^Ah yeah the 200 meter long serpants. I remember that movie, and yeah those dragon desgins weren't half bad at all.

Therizinosaurus Rex(aka Kaijusaurs)

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 2:26 PM

I would like KG's head to look like RoM KG with combination with KG 91 and maybe theropodish leg.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 3:36 PM

While Smaug is awesome, you should probably expect something different. Smaug was sort of a mesh of realism and fantasy. Gareths Ghidorah will probably lean more towards a remodeling of a dinosaur head and neck for Ghidorah.

HOWEVER! I dont remember where, but in the artbook Gareth said he would love to revisit old concept art for the sequel. And well...I`ll just leave this here.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c737f8312e879df461dfc7e28ae01285/tumblr_n5dgfkeFdA1rvmqxto2_1280.jpg

This was actually a concept for Godzilla himself. Funny huh?

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJan-23-2015 4:05 PM

SMAUGZILLA - Welcome to SCIFIED! It is always very exciting to see new faces! Allow me to preface my answer to your question by saying that I felt Smaug's overall design was quite interesting - definately bespeaking of a mighty dragon! With that being said, I feel that Ghidorah requires a less, hmm, refined appearance; to me (and this is only my take) Ghidorah should be both terrifying and sublime all at once. Regardless, thank you so much for this very interesting question! :)

GG

ModeratorGiganJan-23-2015 5:05 PM

Ford Brody wont be in the Sequel.

Good grief.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 5:22 PM

You lost me at 'Aaron Taylor-Johnson'.

If it was Smaug-like I wouldn't mind, but I'd much rather they explore a different direction.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-23-2015 5:36 PM

There's nothing that says Ford will or will not be in the sequel. That's just pure speculation based on the fact that a vocal group of fans don't like him. We know nothing at this point regarding his character.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 7:39 PM

i dont think the wyvern design would do well for king ghidorah (a wyvern is basically a dragon with two wings and pair of back legs) and i personally would like a desghidorah type of body for him with four legs. king ghidorah is massive and would need the extra legs to support himself considering he has three heads. unless they slim him down i dont think it could work

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 8:15 PM

^but the would ruin KG(for me), personally I think KG's body should be simillar to Otachi's.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 8:18 PM

i actually really do like otachi

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-23-2015 8:21 PM

or something look like this.

Therizinosaurus for JW2!

Smaugzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-24-2015 11:48 AM

Thanks for sharing your opinions people. I realize that Ghidorah is quite a unique beast indeed. The whole Smaug thing just came into play after watching BOTFA. I just liked the whole Lake-Town scene, I thought it would be interesting to see a similar scene in which KG is flying over a burning city with the main character (maybe not Ford Brody) looking on and can do nothing.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums