Godzilla Movie

What is the chance of Rodan and Ghidorah being saved for the 3rd film

1495 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 7:49 AM

I think the main thing that helps this is who will be the oppenents for the 3rd film? More Mutos?,Gigan,Destroyah?!? 

And when I argue about contracts, the two things you guys don't understand is 1. Your not in the room when they're doing the deal, and 2. They don't put it down on paper in Japan, They basically do a handshake and its settle!.

but what is the possibility of Godzilla 2 being Godzilla vs Mothra remake with the larva morthas in it to? And G 3 being Godzilla vs Monster Zero Remake!! With With Godzilla and Rodan starting as enemys with People including Godzilla, When Ghidorah shows up and starts wrecking S**t, leading in to them teaming to defeat Ghidorah!

Please Tell me you thoughts below

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

13 Replies

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 8:40 AM

"Japan never does written contracts" is either a myth, reserved for smaller arrangements, only done between the Japanese, or from a bygone era.  When this kind of money is involved, you bet your ass papers were signed.  Even if Toho didn't want to, Legendary and Warner Bros would insist on it.

I believe they'll be in Godzilla 2, and Godzilla will be on a grander scale,  like "Destroy All Monsters ".

GG

ModeratorGiganDec-24-2014 8:40 AM

It was pretty much 99.99% confirmed they are all going to be in the second one, read this thread i made Just to clear up some loose ends. Where i discuss the subject with all the facts given.

No one can be completely sure, but in my mind it is 100% confirmed they will be in the sequel.

Good grief.

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusDec-24-2014 8:41 AM

1. We know that and I think you know that you arent as well.

2. How do you know that?

Im sure the opponents for Godzilla 3 are either Destroyah (Hell Yeah), MechaGodzilla (HEHEHEHE), or Biollante (Not for me).

Reason we believe they won't be for the 3rd film is because it would cause backlash from the fans, unless they announce before the film. Still, people who were at Comic Con describe the trailer being said as teaser footage for Godzilla 2 specifically.

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

Durp004

MemberBaragonDec-24-2014 8:46 AM

I don't think the movie's been started in any way so I guess if they could find absolutely no way to fit all 3 monsters for the new film they could push 2 back but it's highly unlikely. Duratok pretty much landed to with the handshake aspect.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 8:58 AM

"How would you know that?" The creator of the Godzilla DAMM Series (can't remember his name) said in a interview clearly that in Japan nothing is writing on paper basically! So if Toho wanted to be D**ks they could take the rights away from Legendary Right now and there's nothing Legendary could do about it

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

Durp004

MemberBaragonDec-24-2014 9:19 AM

I really doubt that.

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusDec-24-2014 9:20 AM

@HFTT

Yeah they could, but Duratok nailed it on the head with explaining the paper arrangement.

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 10:44 AM

I remember reading that Tristar lost their rights to Godzilla in 2003 when the contract expired. If they didn't write it down and Toho can just take rights away whenever they please, I feel like they would've taken the rights as soon as the 1998 movie came out. That leads me to believe that when it involves something on this big of a scale, they would want papers.

But personally, I've given up on speculating a movie that won't come out for another 4 years. They haven't even started preproduction yet, as the director is busy with production on a different movie for another couple years. I would imagine that preproduction will start when the Star Wars spin-off hits post-production.

It's been so campaigned that Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan will be in the second movie by 3rd party sources, that if they don't have all of them in 2018, many fans will feel let down. But we have also been let down by advertising before from this franchise, so I wouldn't doubt that they might do it again to us.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 11:38 AM

Legendary got enough backlash for misleading advertising for the 2014 film, not using all three monsters in Godzilla 2 after already announcing them all in a teaser for the film would produce unbelievable backlash among the public. Besides, it would be a poor business decision as well. The M.U.T.O.s were already the antagonists in one film, so bringing them back would be pointless, and pitting Godzilla alone against Mothra would make no sense unless Mothra is bad, which goes against every iteration of her character. Personally, I think Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah should all be in Godzilla 2, with Legendary saving something even bigger for Godzilla 3.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaDec-24-2014 3:25 PM

I certainly think there's still a chance one or two monsters Legendary announced might not show up in 2018, but that's largely just because I don't think there's a script. Legendary has their hands full with two other giant monster movies right now, Godzilla 2's an afterthought until 2016.

As for HFTT's off conclusions.

1. We're not in the room when the deal is going down-- I'm pretty sure we all understand we're not in a room in Japan. Or L.A. for that matter...

2. Japan never writes anything down? They're all about handshakes, yes, but Toho uses written contracts just like every studio. Kieth Aiken on SciFi Japan has mentioned Toho's contracts for multiple different outlets pertaining to merchandising, overseas distribution, co-studio deals and contracts that date back all the way to 1985 which are still in play as I type this post. "They don't put anything to paper," is taking a quote by someone way too literally. To be as mild toward it as possible: Not true.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-24-2014 6:00 PM

Wait that's a quote?

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaDec-24-2014 11:55 PM

You claimed,

The creator of the Godzilla DAMM Series (can't remember his name) said in a interview clearly that in Japan nothing is writing on paper basically!

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-03-2015 8:18 AM

Like others have said before me, knowingly baiting fans and the public into thinking all 3 would be in the same movie by featuring all 3 of them in teaser footage at a panel for Godzilla 2 (emphasis added on 2) and then not having them in it would cause huge fan backlash. If you thought fans were pissed about them baiting-and-switching Cranston as the lead in G14, I can only imagine that the outrage would be upped tenfold about this if true, not to mention a Godzilla vs. Mothra film wouldn't make a lick of sense seeing how they're both protagonists in this reboot from Legendary, unless they make Mothra a villain which would go against every iteration of the character and everything that makes Mothra... well, Mothra. 

Plus, as I've said so many times, Ghidorah in G2 means we can get MechaGodzilla or Destoroyah for the 3rd movie, or even both if it's a DAM remake like Edwards has teased doing (or at least a film using the Monster Island concept, which might just be a convenient way of saying DAM without him actually saying it and giving it away, you know?). 

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums