Alien Movie Universe

April 2017?

1604 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

Cremildo

MemberOvomorphDec-07-2014 6:45 AM

Errr... Has anyone heard about this? Fox Studio and Ridley Scott never mentioned such thing, as far as I know.

Prometheus 2 Coming April 2017, To Focus More on Space Exploration!

[url=http://mulhollandcinelog.wordpress.com/]http://mulhollandcinelog.wordpress.com/[/url]
10 Replies

Batchpool

MemberFacehuggerDec-07-2014 7:34 AM

I think it would be useful if Fox did come out with something official to clarify what is going on. Althoug both P2 and Bladerunner have got a green light to be made I wonder what the order of priority is for Ridley to direct them. Maybe the original date given for P2's release was subject to someone else directing Bladerunner. Until I come accross something a little more concrete i would prefer to take things with a pinch of salt.

Redant

MemberOvomorphDec-07-2014 12:58 PM

Why even bother to try and figure out what these studios are thinking.

They waist too much time trying to make to many bad films when we would be willing to pay up billions to see both of those films.

I think Blade Runner alone would do half a billion. Prometheus 2 or what ever its name will be will easily do 750,000,000 million. The first movie was terrible and that made Worldwide: $403,354,469. 

I think if he made a great film now before we all forget even about prometheus then it could make a bit more than the bad film before it.

No one waits like this so we can get on with buying other entertainment. I think they are using the wrong metrics to calculate what it takes to get a lot of people back in the theaters. I do not want to see theaters go out of business but come on 45 dollars for 4 tickets and another 50 for 5 or 6 dollars worth of pocorn, candy, and soda?????

They will stop making movies for movie theaters and make them for Streaming or Youtube.

BigDave

MemberDeaconDec-07-2014 2:19 PM

Well there has been lots of changes to plans... Orginally we know roughly the following..

1) Ridley wanted to take the Franchise away from the Xeno and LV 426, so Prometheus was to set clues down that the Space Jockey Race AKA maybe Engineers had a hand in experiments on the Xeno or to create it and that  LV 223 was the place it all happened and that the movie should held enough Clues to sugest a connection to Alien and the Engineers.

Thus his next movie, he wanted to explore where David and Shaw go in search of where these Engineers came from and their true Agenda.

2) A lot of changes was made to Prometheus as far as scenes, that seemed to play down the Engineers Culture and significance as far as a interesting Race, instead we are led down the path that they are just some Alien Race who for some reason are not nice and created us but also created other things to then replace us and they are agressive and dark race....

3) This went futher to then, go the route that our Engineers was not Gods, and that they never wanted to meet God in the first movie thus Engineers are servants of Tools of some other Race prehaps.... or maybe to a Ancient Engineer...  The Elders dropped because they either gave too much away or most likely are going to be replaced or redesigned to give us some more Agressive and Powerful looking Race or Bieng.

4) At this Point Pagan had worked on a draft well a few, and Green came in to flesh it out and Jaz it up.... things went all quiet since...

5) Ridley had a busy Schedule over next few years, Fassbender too and maybe these proved to be delays to when the movie would go into production, but it would appear also along the way, Fox and Ridley may been looking at the Franchise, Alien and the drafts and maybe some comments about the movie and so we cant rule out that the Drafts have been well given a few ideas to take out and add to them and so then maybe Drafts have been fleshed out and changed even more..

6) That brings us to now and Ridleys no more Dragons and Gods comments, but also bear in mind Ridleys Schedule which now make sence why the movie is pushed back.. being pushed back so far could mean Ridley wants to take the reigns of Blade Runner 2 of have a lot of input... which means Prometheus 2 is pushed back... This would surely mean that Ridley wants to take his Time with the Project and also that he will be for sure Director of it.

7) The latest Article is no suprise, its hints at a fresh aproach and Space Exploration and maybe lesser of the Xeno etc... which maybe means no Space Exploration as far as LV 223?

We still know the main agenda of the movie is where Shaw and David go, and we have to then look at how Ridley said there will be a new Monster but also the article above says a NEW SPECIES do they mean a new Monster a new Alien as well what movie does that make as far as David + Shaw and new Monster.. no that has to be part of it.

But new species and exploration to mean seems to sugest comments Ridley made in the past and recently as far as Shaws Gods, are not Gods and also that the Engineers are not the Top of the Hierarchy..  a key thing to also remember is these comments in past...

The Sacrifical Scene does not have to be Earth!.... which means these Engineers and their creators had not just created life on Earth, how many other Worlds have they done this on?

Prometheus can branch off onto a new Franchise away from Alien... Ridley hinted that he sees Prometheus able to span a whole new Franchise and Universe that has little or nothing to do with Alien.... This could link to the above Paragraph...

And now... Space Exploration!

The Galaxy is vast the area of space between Earth and LV 223/LV 426 takes up such a small fraction of our Galaxy....

If these Engineers are.. or they are Tools of a higher Race or Being that play there hands in the creation of other life, then the potential is huge as far as other Races go....

This could open a Franchise that could lead to as vast array of Races as a Star Wars or Star Treck Universe....

If the Universe is so vast and our Galaxy is far vaster alone that what has been Explored by Weyland in the Alien Franchise, there is no telling how far far away Paradise is... maybe this could explain why no Engineers came back... and was them on Paradise even aware of Earth etc..?

The Comic Predator Fire and Stone shows us a Race of 4 Armed Humanoids who the Predator Hunts, this Race is new and this race also had Cave Paintings depicting Giant Humanoid Biengs only in Space Jockey Suits pointing to the same cluster of Stars that the Star Maps in Prometheus did.

The comic is this going the route our Engineers and their creators have certainly created more than just Mankind... so there is plenty of scope for how this Franchise could open up...

Saying that this New Species could even be the Space Jockey if Ridley is going a bit of a U-Turn.... so the Engineers just servants who stolen their creators Toys and Sectrets..

We just cant be sure.... but the potential is MASSIVE..

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

Cremildo

MemberOvomorphDec-07-2014 3:01 PM

Well, my stance on the subject of this thread is this: bullshit. Unless they provide a solid official source for the alleged release date, I'll consider this is nothing more than crap they pulled outta their asses.

[url=http://mulhollandcinelog.wordpress.com/]http://mulhollandcinelog.wordpress.com/[/url]

BigDave

MemberDeaconDec-07-2014 3:16 PM

In regards to what part Cremildo?  The Date? Or the tiny plot hints...

Looking at Ridleys Schedule unless he up to something in secret..  with Blade Runner also mentioned, i would doubt Ridley would have time to even start work on either prior to the Fall of 2015.

I assumed looking at his Schedule that Prometheus Paradise could been put back to a release no earlier than Autum 2016... if the movie is not pushed back to a 2017 April date then surely shooting mainly would have to be like Summer of 2016?

Again we dont know what is going on behind the scenes, but i think hopefully we should see the movie by Mid 2017 but i was hopping and expected a mid 2016 release, but when you consider he has to release Blade Runner 2 also, and also not forget any Tactical release dates as far as similar Sci Fi movies  as i doubt they would like want to release a Prometheus part 2 say at the same time as some other big Franchises or potential movies as that could mean a War for Ratings...

I think hopefully once the Martian is out Ridley will start to open his mouth a bit more about Blade Runner 2 and Paradise and we can from what he says maybe gauge which movie seems likely to come out first...

April 2017 seems a long wait... 5 years since Prometheus, but bare in mind Aliens came out 7 years after Alien and Alien 3 was 6 years after Aliens, and Alien Resurection was 5 years after Alien 3 so i guess 5 year wait is about the standard in the Franchise.

Batchpool

MemberFacehuggerDec-07-2014 3:53 PM

With The Martian having a release date of November 2015, I personally do not think there would be much surfacing about Prometheus 2 production until Feb or March of 2016. Just look at the trailer for the new Star Wars.  These days movies would appear quick to shoot, but end up in post production for quite some time. I don’t think 2017 is so unbelievable.

While there is plenty of scope for what Prometheus 2 could bring , there are some directions Scott says he does not want to go down and that getting the right script is all important

Why Ridley Scott won't make comic book movie

Cremildo

MemberOvomorphDec-07-2014 5:25 PM

In regards to what part Cremildo?

The release date.

Lone

MemberPraetorianDec-13-2014 5:17 AM

"Good things come to those who wait" XD

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

Cerulean Blue

MemberFacehuggerJan-15-2015 9:00 AM

"In the desert there is nothing & no man needs nothing."

So we do need a seqyel before we all die, right?

BigDave

MemberDeaconJan-15-2015 3:29 PM

Cremildo ;)

I see, well yes we still dont have nothing concrete but just rumours and nothing definate from Ridley apart from the movie will be made and will Star Fassbender and Rappace, i would be suprised if it was finished this year and i would still stick my neck out and say i think we could be looking for more of a Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 release date but it could be latter and i doubt earlier than Summer 2016

I would say once the Martian is out and i would say by the Summer of this year we should start to get more information about Blade Runner 2 and Prometheus 2 and maybe which ever movie gets more information out as far as cast, planned shooting locations could indicate which Order we would see them released.

Besides is another 2 years too long to wait?

As i have said before every sequel to Alien had about a 5 year wait..

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Kongzilla
Kongzilla » Chestburster
67% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums