Jurassic World Movies

Are we sure about Rexy?

5777 Views23 Replies
Forum Topic

Gojira2K

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 12:39 PM

Everyone knows the Jurassic World timer finished counting down yesterday and revealed a lot of stuff. Such as the list of dinosaurs that will appear in Jurassic World. It was revealed that T-Rex would be in Jurassic World, as this image says:

If you look closely at the image you will see the scars on it's neck. They look like the scars of when the Raptors attacked the orginal Rexy from Jurassic Park. Showing that Rexy will return in Jurassic World. Some disagree with this saying that Rexy would be old and frail at this time. But would she be old and frail? Judging from Jurassic Park, Rexy would be at least 20s-30s (I really don't know). But is that qualify for a T-Rex being old? Lot's of modern species can live up to 80 years old. Can T-Rex do the same?

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

23 Replies

dinoboy22

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:00 PM

keep in mind the originals could be designed to have a rather long life span so if they dont find dna right away to replace them they could keep them around for a while. just my thoughts

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusNov-28-2014 1:01 PM

It's not. As @Silver_Falcon said, the scars are on the wrong side.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Primal King

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:14 PM

But Rexy flipped the The Big One onto the other side when The Rex threw the raptor.

"If you can't see it... It's already too late."

-Jurassic Apocalypse (by Paden)

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:52 PM

PK is right. I'm still not convinced it's Rexy though, but I am more swayed than I ever have been.

Here, have a waffle (-'.')-#

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusNov-28-2014 2:02 PM

^^ I totally forgot about that! :T

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsNov-28-2014 2:12 PM

I believe I mentioned this before, this particular T.rex looks too skinny to be the original Rexy, especially in the legs.  

dinoboy22

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 2:22 PM

if raptors can suddenly change there look and color in jp 3 without warning then i think a skinnier rexy is acceptible 

Gojira2K

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 2:27 PM

Here is my post from this topic:

Count Down Reveals More Stuff on the Site!

I just watched this video myself.

(Link if video doesn't work.)

Those scars on the image here:

From what I see those scars match up almost perfectly. Watch the video from 2:40 through 2:43. You'll see what I mean.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 2:33 PM

Honestly, one still present problem is that Rexy is green, although it could be argued that under certain lighting she appears brown.

Again, I'm not completely convinced.

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsNov-28-2014 3:22 PM

Rexy was never green, she had brown/grey hide.  The males had the green hides that got darker as they matured.

Dinoboy, changing colour and weight change are entirely different processes.  But don't get me wrong, if she truly is the original, then it would be great.

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 3:29 PM

Really? I could've sworn rexy was greenish... Anyway, on the weight issue, although it does look significantly lighter (weight-wise) than rexy, this could be a result of it being left to its own devices for over a decade, which would certainly cause some weight loss (working for food, less food, etc.).

Primal King

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 4:19 PM

@Silver_Falcon,

I think she had a greenish grey hide too! In fact I believe Rexy may have turned male when she got a little older. The female on TLW was brown with no dewlap or stripes. Rexy had both with TLW male's more pronounced crests to boot. So "he" may have been a male in my opinion. 

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 4:24 PM

In the book they did refer to Rexy as "he" despite her being a "her"...

I've been looking at pictures of her and, well, I can't decide if she's green or brown...

Rexy being green:

Rexy being brown:

Jhawkins1987

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 4:45 PM

Are you lot colour blind or summin hahaha

the first film the rex is a brown colour and in TLW and jp3 the rex is green. 

U can see that clearly in the first movie by the end scene with the raptors AND. The gallimimus hunt! 

U can CLEARLY. See the rex is green in the san diego sceens and at the end with hamonds "life will find a way" speech. As well as when the rex fights spino. Very obvious.

Now thats cleared up, how thats not obvious i dont know lol but il get to this quality pic. Its brilliaNt. she looks menacing and hardcore. Powerfull and agile and will look quality in the film. The cgi is excellent. 

I can kinda see what ppl mean by the skinner look. But iv always thought that with all the cg models through the films. Maybe the practical effexts just look stockier! dunno. 

But that is evolusionary piece of art :) and it looks agile and the battle scars make it even better. 

Primal King

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 5:42 PM

No. She seemed gray with a little bit of brown in the end and gallimimus hunt.

Carnosaur

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 7:08 PM
Rexy most certainly shows the same coloration as the tyrannosaur in the OP. scarring matches from what i can telll...as far as the issues addressed here: animals loose weight as the end of their lifespan draws near. inability to feed properly is a major factor in this. hell, even their coloration (predominatly in mammals) changes as animals get older. i'm not aware of any amphibians that go through that, though...if rexy was a young-ish animal in the first movie, it's entirely plausible her skin pigment grew darker with age. i'm definetly on the fence regarding if this is 'her' or not

Nature doesn't deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves.

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsNov-28-2014 11:05 PM

Gojira, your last question should have been answered before, so I'll answer it now.  No T.rex specimen has been found exceeding 28 years old, and that one particular specimen was Sue, who also happens to be the largest confirmed specimen.

Sue had many pathologies when she died.  She had suffered multiple fractures and breaks throughout her life, and many scars.  It has been determined that she also suffered from chronic arthritis in her joints (mainly in her legs I think), which is usually associated with old age because the cartilage in the joints breaks down from constant use.  Therefore there is little lubrication between bones in the articulation, and the pain sets in due to friction.

Judging from Rexy's size during 1993, she would have had to be fully-grown, about 19 or 20 years old for an actual Tyrannosaurus.  So if she's alive for the events of Jurassic World, she'd have to physiologically be about 40 years old.

However, because these creatures aren't pure dinosaur and we as a human race can manipulate genetics pretty easily, I bet her longevity could have been lengthened substantially.

Gigadino

MemberCompsognathusNov-29-2014 5:00 AM

I'm so happy to see Rexy again! It's by far the best dinosaur in the whole franchise.

Evan123

MemberCompsognathusNov-29-2014 6:28 AM

Well Rexy was not around 20 years old by the events of Jurassic Park ALPHADINO65, they didn't have the technology and had not produced animals as early as that, maybe she was given extra growth hormones but she was definitely only about 3 or maybe 4 years old leaving her at 25 or 26 by the events of Jurassic World

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsNov-29-2014 10:34 AM

Evan, remember that I said physiologically.  It applies to her being what should be 20 years old in 1993.

Evan123

MemberCompsognathusNov-29-2014 11:05 AM

I still believe none of this applies, it's Hollywood, I'm pretty sure it is Rexy and maybe they have new forms of treatment for her "old age" in the new park as you mentioned, either way this film will kiss ass :D

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

Primal King

MemberCompsognathusNov-29-2014 2:04 PM

^I thought that was the scified JW twitter?

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Jurassic Park/World Jurassic Park Fandom
Jurassic World Movies Forums
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Jurassic World
Jurassic World Discuss Jurassic World Here
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Discuss Jurassic Park 1 - 3
Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic Park Games Talk About Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic World Merchandise
Jurassic World Merchandise Discuss Jurassic World merchandise here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Latest Jurassic Fandom Activity

JurassicWorld-Movies.com is a fan website dedicated to all things Jurassic Park and Jurassic World! This website was developed, created and is maintained by Jurassic Park fans and is not officially affiliated with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment or any other respective owners of Jurassic World IP.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums