Jurassic World Movies

Will the Dilophosaurus make an appearance in JW?

2037 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

Airman Allo

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 8:04 AM

Now I know that a lot of fans have been curious regarding how much screen time the T-Rex or even the Raptors will be getting. To be honest, I'm more interested to see if the Dilophosaurus will have a scene or two, after all it was in the original. Aside from the T-Rex and Velociraptors who have had numerous scenes in Jurassic Parks 1-3, the Dilophosaurus has only appeared once. I'm hoping that at least show one roaming it's enclosure or something.

16 Replies

Jhawkins1987

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 8:16 AM

not in Jurassic world.

In the restricted section maybe it might show up, technically there is no reason y i couldnt unless of course bigger predators have picked it off and killed it. but yh a cameo would be class. I dont think its in the brochure is it?

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 8:41 AM

We have confirmed that the park at least has one, but I don't know that it will get much screentime, if any.

Here, have a waffle (-'.')-#

Airman Allo

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 8:48 AM

Looks like it is a wait and see then.

x_paden_x

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:41 PM

According to the Park species list, Ingen didn't include The dilo in Jurassic world.

Which makes sense, As they had so many problems with the dilos in Jurassic park, Like them spitting at Guests/Staff and not even being near the fences when it was tour time.

In the Restricted area, It is believed this is where Ingen And Masrani Either Do Testing/Development of the Dinosaurs, where all the Dangerous Species are kept, And most likely Houses most of the Technical Equipment and Buildings of Jurassic world.

Likewise, This is where they House D-Rex, When D-rex escapes her Paddock, She most likely gets into the Unrestricted Sector and Rakes hell, Hence Chris pratt saying:

"Evacuate the park"

This is Also where Ingen had some of it's Facilites in the First film (You've got to get really deep into the Fandom, It's in JPTG) And the Original Dock and Helipad are also kept here. The Dock is most likely still used to Deliver Equipement Discretrely and Quickly. 

There's also a Belief that it's fenced off as so Wild Dinosaurs which weren't wrangled after the First JP Can't Interfere with those in Captivity. 

According to JPTG, There's somewhere around 5 or 4 Dilophasaurus in the Paddock when the Park goes Haywire. As Nima and Dodgsons Associate Are attacked. 

In the book theres more than two, As Grant and The kids see two practicing a Mating Ritual, And Nedry is eaten by One...

So...

Do to how dangerous it is... You probably won't see one...

HOWEVER.

The Restricted Sector houses Velociraptor and D-rex... There's no Telling what Ingen is hiding there... 

*They most likely kept all the Carnivores out of the Park due to how dangerous they'd be in the event of an Escape*

Life cannot be contained, it breaks walls, crashes through barriers sometimes painfully, but uh... Life uh, finds a way

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:50 PM

But... We know that five large carnivores, the T. rex, Suchomimus, Baryonyx, Metriacanthosaurusand Mosasaur are very much in the park...

x_paden_x

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:58 PM

@Silver_Falcon

In my Oppion... Those all look like really bad choices for a Park setting... They're kinda ugly in dinosaur terms... 

Again, I doubt these could do THAT Much damage... 

My point being, Larger, more Dangerous ones, That would be kept secret would be held in the Restricted Sector. 

Life cannot be contained, it breaks walls, crashes through barriers sometimes painfully, but uh... Life uh, finds a way

DustyAlaska

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 2:16 PM

im pretty sure the list on the website isnt the full list of animals that is in jurassic world, there was a photo with a larger list of species, the list on the website probably is showing the animals we will see in the film... minus the hybrid and raptors ofcourse... just food for thought...

x_paden_x

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 2:40 PM

@DustyAlaska

I too have seen this second List...

Now, If you had an Educational Park, Would you include JUST, the animals in the park? Or would you include ones you wish to research in the future, Or more Species to Educate other kids.

I'd say the List on the Website is most likely what is IN the park, Not quite what we see (As that would be breaking the fourth wall, And the site only does that a few times.)

Of course, No one really knows...

But why would you have two seperate lists?

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 2:42 PM

Yeah, again paden, you argue that larger, more dangerous dinosaurs are kept in the restricted section, yet T. rex, the second biggest dinosaur the park has ever seen, is not in the restricted section. We also know that the rex is PLENTY dangerous, being strong enough to destroy tour cars, armored trailers, and a decent chunk of San Diego! I'd imagine the Suchomimus isn't something you'd want to get out either, and heck, even the Metriacanthosauruses and Baryonyxes could cause some serious damage. Also, IMHO, the dilo is beautiful.

Great Leonopteryx

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 3:59 PM

I'd love to see the dilos

especially if they're in their adult sizes

Carnosaur

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 7:13 PM
Paden, the thing with you seeing the large carnivores as “kind of ugly” probably doesn't cancel out the probability of them being major features. people want thrills, & adding in the fact a lot of major zoos have the large carnivores dispersed throughout, i think this is what we'll see here. imo, just seeing afult dilophosaurs would be refreshing

Nature doesn't deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves.

DustyAlaska

MemberCompsognathusNov-29-2014 4:09 AM

you are insinuating that the list on the website is the list of animals that are the only ones in teh park(with exception of raptors and the hybrid) when if you think about it... doesnt necessary mean thats all thats on display in the park... those are just animals they are willing to show us that are gonna be in the movie with the exception of the raptors and hybrid... there are probably more species, but we probably wont be seeing them either... they made a seperate list to show you animals besides the other two, that you are gonna see in the film... doesnt mean there are not other animals on display... think with your mind... is there a chance that not all of the animals in that pic are on display? possibly, but i bet there are animals on display that arent on the website list and are in that pic...

Captain Dino

MemberCompsognathusFeb-21-2015 2:39 PM

First of all, learn your dinosaurs.  Dilophosaurus didn' spit venom, pterodactyl wasn't a dinosaur, velociraptors were only 3 feet tall, and tyrannosaurus wasn't as fierce as it seemed.

Secondly, keep it consistent.  Most people talk about dinosaurs by genus.  If you're going to say "dilophosaurus" and not "dilophosaurus wethrelli", then say "tyrannosaurus" and not "T. Rex".

Third, it's T. Rex, so don't call it a T-Rex.  That's not a thing.

Fourth, everyone is wondering about the dominant species.  I play their game, JPB, so I get pre releases.  There is no "D-Rex" and the T. Rex is not a big part in the movie.  The genetic hybrid that was named "Indominus Rex" is the dominant species and also the escapee terror.

Fifth, learn your grammer people!

-Just some advice... I recomend you learn it.

BTW: What is everyone talking about with the brochure and dinosaur list?  Am I missing something?  

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusFeb-21-2015 6:48 PM

It might. There's a possibility, with one appearing on the species screen in the Innovation Center-

Innovation Center

Plus, there's a toy being released, AND a rumored scene of a Dilophosaurus killing someone peeing in the jungle.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Mech Rodan

MemberCompsognathusFeb-21-2015 8:20 PM

SpinoRulez

MemberCompsognathusFeb-22-2015 4:09 AM

lego and map photos are something like spoilers for the movie. So I believe that we may see dilo for just seconds like we saw ceratosaurus in JP3. It isnt impossible that he may be in it, it could be a good tribute for JP

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Jurassic Park/World Jurassic Park Fandom
Jurassic World Movies Forums
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Jurassic World
Jurassic World Discuss Jurassic World Here
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Discuss Jurassic Park 1 - 3
Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic Park Games Talk About Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic World Merchandise
Jurassic World Merchandise Discuss Jurassic World merchandise here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Latest Jurassic Fandom Activity

JurassicWorld-Movies.com is a fan website dedicated to all things Jurassic Park and Jurassic World! This website was developed, created and is maintained by Jurassic Park fans and is not officially affiliated with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment or any other respective owners of Jurassic World IP.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums