Jurassic World Movies

Role of the Mosasaur?

1397 Views15 Replies
Forum Topic

Rocishi

MemberCompsognathusNov-27-2014 7:36 PM

This is my first discussion and I have just watched the trailer for the umpteenth time and was wondering about your ideas for how the mosasaurs will impact the film. 

15 Replies

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusNov-27-2014 7:43 PM

(First, welcome to Scified!)

I believe the Mosasaur will play a small role in the film, as it'll probably get little screentime after the feeding clip.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-27-2014 7:56 PM

To quote myself:

"What I want to see is a final battle between the T. rex and D. rex. they can fight through that disney-world-esque area we saw in the trailer with it all culminating in a ultimate showdown near the Mosasaur's pool. Chris Pratt can be in the stand trying to tranq the D. rex. He shoots it multiple times before, exhausted, the Diabolus gets rammed by the rex into the water just as the Mosasaur strikes."

Other than this (assuming it happens) and the feeding show, I don't think the Mosasaur will get much more, if any, screen time.

Here, have a waffle (-'.')-#

Great Leonopteryx

MemberCompsognathusNov-27-2014 8:03 PM

with that size

I wouldn't be surprised if mosasaurus would be the main monster antagonist in the movie

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-27-2014 8:05 PM

Except that we know it isn't :/

Alphadino65

MemberTriceratopsNov-27-2014 9:39 PM

I think the Mosasaurus will play a role in the movie, but only small one.  I think she was just brought in to show how Jurassic World can be more diverse by including marine reptiles as well as dinosaurs and pterosaurs.

But Silver's fantasy of Pratt, T.rex and the Mosasaur taking down D.rex would be one of the greatest scenes in the franchise!  It would rank with the kitchen scene, Rexy chasing the jeep, the Buck searching San Diego desperately for his son, the Spino-Rex battle, and the raptor-egg climax.

MaryChristine

MemberCompsognathusNov-27-2014 11:18 PM

The mosasaur is already such a badass.

I love its rough skin. Even if it's a small role, I like the seaworld setting. I can't wait to see the full body shot under water. So Pretty! :heart:

Feed Me More Mosasaur!

Primal King

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 12:07 AM

I think it will kill the human antagonist, like the dilophosaur and Nedry n the first JP, while the Tyrannosaur takes out the primary/dinosaurian antagonist, the D-Rex (also reminiscent of the first JP "Raptor vs Rex" scene). Just my thoughts. :)

"If you can't see it... It's already too late."

-Jurassic Apocalypse (by Paden)

Jhawkins1987

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 7:11 AM

i think its actually really hard to say. I would like it to have a role more than what we saw but unless its as EPIC as what SUPER FALCON just said i cant see much more happening.

Possibly we could have a Jaws like scene where a diver has to go down to the lagoon depths. similar to that of the GAME. But you never know.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberAllosaurusNov-28-2014 7:47 AM

@Silver_Falcon, I''d LOVE seeing that! :O

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 8:50 AM

I forgot the last part where the rex lets out his signature roar...

Rocishi

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 11:41 AM

All of these sound like really cool ideas. Especially the three say firght between the trex the Fred and the mosasaurs. Personally, I reqlly want to see a large crowd get dunked into the cage and to see what happens. Kinda like the beach scene in Jaws. 

Silver_Falcon

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 12:00 PM

From now on the D. rex is to be called the Fred.

Rocishi

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 12:15 PM

Oh very funny. It was the stupid autocorrect. 

Rocishi

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 12:15 PM

And I thought i changed that before I posted it.

Moses

MemberCompsognathusNov-28-2014 1:39 PM

Having Mosasaur kill D-rex would be lame IMO.

T-rex should kill D-rex and knock his body onto the Spinosaurus skeleton and have a scene like the "When dinosaurs ruled the earth" scene in JP1.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Jurassic Park/World Jurassic Park Fandom
Jurassic World Movies Forums
Jurassic World Fan Artwork
Jurassic World Fan Artwork Share your Jurassic World fan art here
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Jurassic World
Jurassic World Discuss Jurassic World Here
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Discuss Jurassic Park 1 - 3
Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic Park Games Talk About Jurassic Park Games
Jurassic World Merchandise
Jurassic World Merchandise Discuss Jurassic World merchandise here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ThatOneInGenWorker
ThatOneInGenWorker » Compsognathus
10% To Next Rank
Latest Jurassic Fandom Activity
Shobin50 just posted a new review for Godzilla Minus One and rated the film 5 out of 5. See why they rated Godzilla Minus One this way, by reading their full review!

JurassicWorld-Movies.com is a fan website dedicated to all things Jurassic Park and Jurassic World! This website was developed, created and is maintained by Jurassic Park fans and is not officially affiliated with Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment or any other respective owners of Jurassic World IP.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums