Godzilla Movie

Vote for which Monsters you think were Godzilla's Top 10 enemies!

2719 Views19 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaNov-14-2014 8:33 AM

For those of you who have been members of Scified for over a year, will probably remember a series of articles we used to release every Tuesday, called Top 10 Tuesday. A series of posts which outlined various debates and lists for a number of various topics, movies and games in the sci-fi genre. 

Well, since our staff has grown a bit in the last little while, we have enough hands on deck to run the network and bring back this fun and engaging series. 

To kick off Top 10 Tuesdays again, next Tuesday will feature an article written by Scified staffer GMan. The topic: Top 10 Godzilla Enemies. But before GMan pens the article, we want to gather some feedback and opinions from the fans here at Godzilla-Movies.com. Which Monsters do you think were Godzilla's most challenging enemies and why? Also, how would you rate them ona  scale of 1-10, 10 being the most challenging?

Share your thoughts and opinions below so that GMan can factor in everyone's views into the final draft of the article. You've got until Monday night to post your lists!

Check back next Tuesday for when the final article is posted!

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
19 Replies

GG

ModeratorGiganNov-14-2014 8:36 AM

This is going to be really cool!

Godzilla's most challenging enemy's, well there are a ton but to pick out one it would have to be Ghidorah.

In every film that Ghidorah is in Godzilla always had to put his all into the fight, be it Monster Zero or GMK. Challenging scale is 9/10.

Good grief.

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-14-2014 8:50 AM

Will different incarnations of the same monster count as 1 slot or will they all be individual? If they're all individual that list will be full of MechaGs and Ghidorahs.

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-14-2014 8:51 AM

^Read that somewhere did you?

Anyways back on topic.

I would say hands down MechaGodzilla (75) He had his butt handed to him twice.

He needed a special ability (magnetic force) to fight him in G vs. MG.

And in Terror of MechaGodzilla he barely survived by the skin of his teeth if it weren't for the human intervening he would have died.

Scale: 10/10

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-14-2014 8:56 AM

Not sure what you're talking about

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-14-2014 9:00 AM

All incarnations will count as one.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-14-2014 9:06 AM

Ghidorah and MG win by Far, they both usually over power godzilla

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-14-2014 9:24 AM

King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla, are definitely one of them, but I think Biollante is too. In my mind she pretty much defeated Godzilla.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-14-2014 9:40 AM

Hmm if we're taking every incarnation and making a top 10

1. MechaGodzilla

2. Destoroyah

3. King Ghidorah 

4. SpaceGodzilla 

5. Keizer Ghidorah 

6. Hedorah

7. Mothra

8. Biollante

9. Gigan

10. Bagan(sorry it was too funny to pass up)

Real 10. Orga

The order can switch but I think these are pretty much the top 10 opponents Godzilla has faced based off how well they did, their individual powers, and the incarnation they fought.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonNov-14-2014 1:04 PM

Well, here is the top 10 i think were godzilla's toughest oppenents ever!

1. destroyah = 9

2. spacegodzilla = 8

3. king ghidorah = 8

4. mechagodzilla 2 = 9

5. biollante = 7

6. mothra ( As bad as i hate to say it but, she has been the most successful in fighting godzilla) = 7

7. hedorah = 8

8. bagan ( even though not in a movie but in the super nintendo game, he was a difficult opponent) = 10 why? You had to become super godzilla to beat him!

9. kaiser ghidorah = 8

10. probably have to go with gigan on this one. =6

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

godzilla200010

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-14-2014 1:57 PM

I say keizer ghidorah being the strongest so the ghidorahs if we don't include each incanation. Also any one who says destroyah is tuff he is actually one of the weakest. He's the only godzilla kaiju to be killed by somthing as weak as a maser tank.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonNov-14-2014 2:00 PM

^You are telling me that destroyah is one of the weakest? How? It took godzilla at his strongest incarnation that being burning godzilla who was sick and dying because of his problems and still wasn't enough to bring down destroyah who mind you, was taken down by the super x 3.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Herro Prease

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-14-2014 5:47 PM

I disagree with Destroyah being taken down by super x 3. He was attempting to fly away after Godzilla had him dead to rights and super x 3 along landed the finishing blow on an already dead to rights monster. I compare to saying Minilla killed King Ghidorah in Destroy All Monsters.

Now, as far as toughest enemies...

10. Mothra (4); despite the victories over the big G, they are pretty hollow and cause Godzilla very limit to no damage. Not to mention the 3 times Godzilla obliderated Mothra.

9. Hedorah (4.5); in his feature length appearance, Godzilla got beaten on for most of their fight. He was able to emerge victorious but did so with assistance from the Japanese defense force. How he knew that atomic breath on a drive in movie screen would turn into electricity is beyond me. Hedorah in Final Wars was destroyed in mere seconds so taking that into account, Hedorah wasn't overly challenging but had it's moments

8. Battra (5); went toe to toe with Godzilla and was easily more powerful than Mothra while both in larvae form. Godzilla basically ate him when he morphed into a black moth but made things interesting.

7. Rodan (6); appeared evenly matched in their first tussle and also had some success in their rematch in 93. With his speed and ability to fly, he was dificult to hit but couldn't do any real damage to Godzilla. As a side note, if used correctly, will be very exciting to see in the sequel.

6. Biollante (8); big and powerful but had a real weakness to Godzilla's main weapon. While technically victorious in their finale, was burned alive in rose form and the anti-nuclear energy bacteria is what put Godzilla down "temporarily" in their duel.

5. Monster X (8.5); took Godzilla's best shots which destroyed every other kaiju in the film in 1 or 2 blows. Didn't out a hurting on Godzilla until it changed into Keizer Ghidorah but I will group that incarnation with others instead of here. As Monster X alone, pretty tough but Godzilla has faced tougher.

4. Space Godzilla (8.7); Basically Godzilla with the ability to fly (not by breathing steam toward the ground either). Took down Godzilla in their first encounter (well knocked him down and then ran) but was seemingly as powerful as Godzilla in that round. It's reliance on it's chrystals proved to be it's downfall and Moguera caused some real damage. (Side note, why in the hell did the film makers think a guy with a pistol would make sense as the ultimate weapon to kill Godzilla? Missles can't pierce his skin but a hand gun can?)

3. Destroyah (9); How would Burning Godzilla do against Space Godzilla? We don't know but we do know how hard of a time he had against Destroyah. Godzilla's spiral atomic breath took down Space Godzilla a lot quicker than Destroyah plus his horn left some pretty big cuts. Like Biollante, Destroyah took massive damage when his by Godzilla's atomic breath but for different reasons. The atomic breath had abnormal affects on Biollante's cell division but Burning Godzilla was just so powerful that nothing could stand it's attack.

2. King Ghidorah(9.3); Godzilla almost always needed help in defeating the king of the dragons. Keizer Ghidorah had one of the more powerful Godzilla's in trouble but GMK Godzilla was no match. Because of this my number 1 stringest Godzilla oppontnet is...

1. Mecha Godzilla (9.5); The original not only had great success against Godzilla (in 2 consecutive films) but also changed the tone of the franchise. This was no longer a over kid friendly film, Mecha G was a nasty destructive force which almost killed Anguirus, was about to kill King Caesar before Godzilla showed up oh and paralyzed Godzilla in 93. Kiryu had his moments as well but it is the original evilly controlled Mecha Godzilla that tops the list for me.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-14-2014 7:32 PM

I can't really think of a Top 10 list at the moment, but I can bring out my Top 5 list I made a couple days ago~

5. Ghidorah 7- He's big, defense-heavy, and powerful. It usually take more than one monster to defeat him.

4. Hedorah  7.5- With acidic sludge covering him, many forms, and a powerful "headache beam", Hedorah presented a great challange for Goji. It took a human's help along with Godzilla's might to defeat Hedorah.

3. Showa Mechagodzilla 1 8- MechaG1 had a vast array of weapons and lasers that penetrated Godzilla's defenses like paper. MechaG1 was almost untouchable.

2. Keizer Ghidorah 8.5- Keizer Ghidorah was very large and very tough. Godzilla would not have won the battle with Keizer if not for the help of humans.

1. Mechagodzilla 2 9- MechaG2 has tons of weapons that nearly destroyed Godzilla. And with the humans piloting it, MechaG2 was able to imobilize Goji and go in for the kill. However, if not for Fire Rodan's sacrifice, Godzilla would have been killed.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Exiakaiser

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-15-2014 6:48 AM

Destoroyah has to be on that list.  Only one monster actually came closest to killing the big G, other than the second Mecha Godzilla.

10) Rodan

9) Spacegodzilla (Just because)

8) Mechagodzilla 1

7) Destoroyah

6) Kiryu (MG 3)

5) Mothra (Had to have her on the list)

4) Gigan (Evil Coward Cyborg before Starscream)

3) Mechagodzilla 2 (Super Mechagodzilla)

2) King Kong

1) King Ghidorah

Vinny

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-15-2014 10:40 AM

10. Gigan/megalon/hedorah(3)- these monsters are probably by far the worst things to come out of the godzilla franchise since godzooki. Gigan and megalon are almost if not super sentai/power ranger esc villains. Hedorah was interesting because most of godzillas attacks wouldnt work on. all three of these monsters gave birth to 3 of the most horrendous movies that godzilla has made as well as the most ludicrist moments ever; the sliding godzilla kick, godzilla and anguris talking, and flying godzilla. why must these monsters be mentioned on a list that stands out of the badest of the bad? these creatures are terrible but it allows to appreciate good and truely menacing monsters. 

9. Orga(5)- this Monster stands out from most others, mostly because he tried to eat godzilla. also he was an organic space ship which had a shoulder mounted lazer. the first foe to tangle with the newly designed godzilla deserves some attention.

8. King Kong(5)- This giant ape my not count as technically a godzilla villain but he put up one hell of a fight. From throwing each other off mountains, to showing off to see whos top dog in the monster world it wouldnt be a top ten if his spiritual rival wasnt on this list. 

7.Megaguirus(6)- this dragonfly has a lot of bit. At the start of this monsters career its a small above average sized dragonfly and in a swarm it attacks godzilla. These little dragonflys then started feeding off of godzilla and in a last ditch effort give there energy to the mother Megaguirus. This creature moves faster than anyother creature godzilla has faced dodging most of his attacks and since it fed off godzilla it was some how able to use his signature nuclear breath. 

6. Biollante(6.5)- Biolante, a monster created by man,trying to mutate godzilla cells into a antinuclear energy bacteria. Biolante used godzilla, as his one- stop shopping for all your nuclear energy, and fed off his nuclear energy. His monsterous tenticles end up being able to peirce godzillas hand. Plus he spews nuclear eating bacteria and knocks out godzilla, even if it was momentarlly.

5. Mothra(7)- Probably the most iconic monster from the Godzilla franchise besides Godzilla himself, mothra is one of the most powerful monsters godzilla has faced and occasionally one of his most prominent allies. Mothra has some victories over the big G, most of which he cocooned him in his weaker larva form. Mothra's Moth form has also given Godzilla plenty of problems from paralisis powder to relfecting his nuclear breath back at him. Every time mothra has fought godzilla it was a feat worth watching mainly due to the David vs Golaith stlye. its no doubt Mothra is one of his weaker oppenents but that doesnt mean he cant give Godzilla a run for his money.

4.SpaceGodzilla(8)- Spacegodzilla a monster formed by the G-cells floating into the atmosphere after the death of Biolante and mutated in space by a black holes radiation, created these menace. Spacegodzilla took the typical bad role in this movie, comes down out of nowhere, punches godzilla in the face and steals his kid, then starts godzillas father of the year performace in getting his son back from a monster that looks like himself. Though Spacegodzillas apperence is simillar to Godzilla his capabillites are widley different and its that skillset that makes his spot to number 3. for the majority of the film Godzilla couldnt touch him and was wreacking godzilla. if not for the aid of M.O.G.U.E.R.A., who destroyed his power suppl, Godzilla may not have beaten SpaceGodzilla.

3. King Ghidorah(8)- King Ghidorah one of the most iconic monsters from the Godzilla franchise deserves the spot of number 4. King Ghidorah is like a one trick pony after a few times you kind of know whats going on. In the early stages of the Godzilla franchise King ghidorah was a force to be reckond with. He manhandled godzilla and his allies multiple times which makes him truly a feirce opponet. However, as the years went by King Ghidorah wasnt as powerful as he used to be. Godzilla required less aid and eventually was able to destroy Ghidorah easily by himself. Eventually he stopped becoming a main attraction in films and became apart of multiple opponents for godzilla to thrash.

2. Mechagodzilla (9.5)- Throughout the years mechagodzilla has been a formidable oppenet to his organic counter part. In the early showa era he was a force to be recond with, being so powerful the director had to make up a way for godzilla to beat him creating powers he never had again in his film lifespan. In the hesei era, Mechagodzilla was reborn in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2, However his performance in this film was lackluster dispite his newly remastered body. In the Millennium era, he was again remastered in two films Godzilla against mechagodzilla and Tokyo S.O.S. In these films the mechinized godzilla regained what made him truly awesome in the first place, the power to stand toe to toe with Godzilla. like his early hesei counter part Mechagodzilla went haywire and could not complete his task in destroying godzilla due to the spirit of the original whose skeletal remains were the actual skeleton of Mechagodzilla.

1. Destroyah(10) - Destroyah, the spiritual successor of the oxygen destroyer used to kill the original 1954 Godzilla, would become his most difficult challenge over his film career. Destroyah remains the only monster godzilla has never technically beat. he is also the only monster to date that has beaten not one but 2 different Godzillas (granteed one wasnt completly grown) in the same movie. He overwhelmed Godzilla through most of the movie and had to be frozen by the millitary to be stopped. 

sorry to have offended anyone and or if spelling and grammar is bad.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-15-2014 10:52 PM

WARNING: Long post is long.

#10: Gigan

This cyborg proved to be a formidable foe with his metal hooks that were able to pierce Godzilla's hide and his stomach buzzsaw that made him spray blood each time it hit, and almost managed to kill him with the help of King Ghidorah. In Final Wars, he was even upgraded to have two chainsaws on each arm! Despite having the capabilty to seriously hurt Godzilla, though, he was still beaten just as easily as most other monsters whenever they fought one-on-one.

Difficulty Rating: 6

#9: Mothra

They may not be very powerful, but the various Mothras get a higher ranking than Gigan because they have actually managed to beat Godzilla multiple times. The larvae are some of the weakest monsters in the series, and yet they have defeated the King by wrapping him up with their web spray twice (albiet with two of them working together).

The imagos are no slouches either. The Heisei incarnation was able to release a cloud of powder which caused energy beams fired into it (from the inside or the outside) to rebound multiple times, garunteeing that whatever is inside gets hit. The GMK Mothra fired a barrage of stingers which made Godzilla collapse due to a toxin they released. The Tokyo S.O.S. incarnation was able to shed scales which reflected energy beams back at their source, although doing so caused her to lose her abilty to fly. In Final Wars, she killed Gigan in a kamikaze attack which, depending on whether the clips in the credits are canon or just deleted scenes, she may have survived.

Overall, a much more formidable foe than her frail body and lack of power would imply.

Difficulty Rating: 6

#8: Mecha-King Ghidorah

This is basically the Heisei King Ghidorah (see below), but with futuristic armor replacing much of its body, a more powerful beam on its middle head, and several cables and a giant clamp that can grab Godzilla and electrocute him. So, logically, it should be ranked higher than King Ghidorah, right? Yes, but, for whatever reason, it did much worse in its fight against Godzilla than the monster it was built from. Despite all of its advantages, it only managed to carry Godzilla out to sea before being defeated. Still, it gets the same difficulty rating as King Ghidorah, since it should logically be capable of doing as well as or better than him against Godzilla (perhaps if it had a better pilot?).

Difficulty Rating: 7

#7: Biollante

This massive Godzilla/plant hybrid is the largest monster in the Godzilla franchise at an astounding 200,000 metric tons. She posesses several deadly weapons, including constricting vines, an acidic sap which she can spray from her mouth and her vines, and, most powerful of all, spear-like tendrils which were able to pierce flesh and punch through bone to completely impale Godzilla's hand! Being born from the Heisei Godzilla's cells, she has the same incredible regenerative powers as him, which were able to heal a hole in her head in mere seconds (although she appeared to still be stunned for a while afterwards).

Although the Godzilla she fought was ultimately defeated by the Anti-Nuclear Energy Bacteria he was infected with rather than her, she could definitely defeat, perhaps even kill, most other incarnations.

#6: King Ghidorah

He may not be Godzilla's most difficult or powerful foe, but he is definitely worthy of being called his arch-nemesis.

In the Showa series, his Gravity beams were powerful enough to make Godzilla collapse with a few hits, and he was unharmed by the Atomic ray except when it was used at point blank. Godzilla was never able to beat him without the help of at least one other monster.

The Heisei incarnation was a roughly even match for one of the most powerful Godzillas, and probably would have beaten him if his mind control hadn't been broken by the human protagonists; even once he reverted to his animal mind, he was able to hurt Godzilla pretty badly with his constricting necks.

The Millenium Ghidorah was much weaker, but his electrical bite was able to make Godzilla collapse, his Gravity beams caused him to convulse and had enough energy to allow him to release an incredibly powerful ray, and he was the only one that was able to visibly wound that Godzilla's hide, albiet by turning his own power against him.

#5: Hedorah This big pile of shi sludge is arguably the most powerful monster in the Showa series. In its final form, it was almost impossible for Godzilla to harm, as it was immune to his Atomic ray, had insides so acidic that his hand was reduced to bone when he punched it, and was an aggregate creature made up of millions of microscopic organisms, meaning that every little bit of its body would have to be killed in order to truly destroy it; the only way this was accomplished was by using electricity to dehydrate it. Combine this with a decently powerful energy beam, the ability to throw chunks of its acidic body, and a powerful toxic mist released by its flying form, and you've got one powerful monster.

The Final Wars incarnation did just as much against Godzilla as most of the other monsters that fought that incarnation (read: absolutely nothing), but like Mothra, it may have survived depending on whether or not the credits are canon, which would be quite impressive considering that it was hit by the "Atomehamehamic ray," as I like to call it.

Difficulty Rating: 8

#4: Spacegodzilla

This crystalline Godzilla clone was very powerful on his own, due to being physically almost identical to him, having his regenerative powers just like Biollante, and possessing the Corona beam, which was able to change direction in midair and inflict grievous harm on him, but he was truly one of the most formidable foes when he had a "crystal fortress" formed around a large skyscraper. This greatly increased his power and gave him an unparalleled variety of abilities, including telekinesis, a force field which he could form in front of himself or other objects, and the ability to launch his crystals like missiles. This power can be lost, however, if his fortress is destroyed.

He didn't really seem to have any abilities that could overcome Godzilla's regeneration and actually kill him, but he still dominated him throughout their battle and was only defeated by Godzilla's Spiral ray after his fortress was destroyed with the help of M.O.G.U.E.R.A.

#3: Mechagodzilla

It's no surprise that Godzilla's mechanical doppleganger would be one of his most formidable foes.

The Showa incarnation was equipped with a variety of missiles and beams that could hurt him and even make him bleed, as well as having a force field that repelled his Atomic ray and hurt him on contact and being the fastest flyer in the series, even beating Megaguirus' mach 4 with its mach 5 rocket-powered flight. Godzilla needed a lucky beam clash to end their first encounter in a draw, the help of another monster and a deus ex machina magnetic power to defeat it in their second fight, and the destruction of its controller to win their last battle.

The Heisei incarnation had synthetic diamond armor which was not only immune to the Atomic ray (because movie diamonds are indesructible), but could absorb its energy to power the Plasma Grenade, a beam that could make Godzilla collapse with one hit. The Mega-Buster beam fired from its mouth was more powerful than Godzilla's ray (which makes me wonder why they needed to absorb it at all), and it was equipped with "G-Crusher" cables that could pierce deep into his flesh and deliver a powerful electric shock.

The main reason Mechagodzilla is this high on the list, though, is Heisei MG's ability to combine with the Garuda aircraft to become Super Mechagodzilla. In this form, the Garuda's rocket boosters allowed it to hover and become very mobile, allowing it to stay out of Godzilla's claws long enough to soften him up and use its G-Crusher to destroy the second brain that controls his lower body and finish him off with an all-out barrage of its beams, making it the only opponent to ever actually kill Godzilla (albiet temporarily). It took 7 Spiral rays to destroy it even without its diamond armor, but I would argue that these were less powerful than the Spiral rays in later films, as they were shown to be an even match for the Mega-Buster whereas the Spiral rays in the next film were clearly even more powerful than the Plasma Grenade, and Mechagodzilla was built from the same armor as Mecha-King Ghidorah, who was beaten by the normal Atomic ray.

The Millenium incarnation wasn't particularly impressive overall other than being good at melee combat, but it posessed the Absolute Zero Cannon, which freezes whatever it hits to 0° Kelvin and made a gaping hole in Godzilla's chest, forcing him to retreat.

#2: Monster X/Keizer

Ghidorah Monster X was a formidable fighter, and used its extreme durability, powerful Gravity beams, and impressive melee skills to put up a good fight against the most powerful "normal" incarnation of Godzilla. Ultimately, though, Godzilla proved to be his better, and he was forced to transform into the incredibly powerful Keizer Ghidorah. In this ultimate form, he used the telekinesis-like power of his Gravity beams and his energy-draining bite to almost effortlessly defeat Godzilla and nearly killed him. Despite his incredible power, however, his slow and cumbersome body proved to be a huge disadvantage, as once Godzilla broke free of his grip and stunned him for even a second, the tide quickly turned against him.

Difficulty Rating: 7/9

#1: Destoroyah

Just as Godzilla is the living incarnation of the atomic bomb, Destoroyah is the living incarnation of the Oxygen Destroyer, the weapon that killed the original Godzilla; so it's fitting that it would be Godzilla's ultimate foe. Just as Godzilla is powered by nuclear fission and fires an Atomic ray, Destoroyah is powered by micro-oxygen (the chemical the Oxygen Destroyer is based on) and fires an Oxygen Destroyer ray which is made up of energy that liquifies oxygen atoms, destroying organic matter and many other materials on a molecular level.

Like Hedorah, Destoroyah is made up of millions of microscopic organisms and could only be killed by being frozen, then having its whole body destroyed by thermal shock (due to having been heated up by very powerful energy beams before being frozen) and a fall from thousands of feet up. Its final form was arguably the most durable monster in the franchise, as it survived 4 hits from Godzilla's most powerful Spiral rays when he was going into meltdown and took a Spiral ray to the chest with no visible damage; and although being hit by two more Spiral rays in the same spot was enough to “mortally” wound its final form, it simply split up into many of its smaller forms and reformed a few minutes later.

It was able to kill an adolescent Godzilla by injecting him with micro-oxygen in one of its smaller forms, then dropping him from the sky and hitting him with one OD ray, and was winning most of the time in its fight against the most powerful incarnation of Godzilla with its incredible strength and its tail that was able to grab onto Godzilla to discharge electricity or drain energy. It's deadliest powers, however, are its final form's Horn Katana, which sliced through Godzilla like air and could have cut him in half if he had been a few feet closer, and the abilty of the microscopic forms to replicate the effect of the Oxygen Destroyer in water, which could have been used to kill Godzilla if he hadn't been approaching meltdown and boiling the water around him.

This is a creature that would be all but unstoppable to any opponent other than Burning Godzilla.

Difficulty Rating: 10

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-15-2014 11:30 PM

Sweet baby Jesus, what did I just spend my whole day doing?!

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-16-2014 5:19 AM

1. Destoroyah-Fought Godzilla when he was at his most powerful and still thoroughly dominated that battle for the most part. He also took not one, not two, but NINE blasts from BG's red spiral ray, which is usually an insta-kill attack, and it still wasn't enough to take him down, which speaks volumes. It then took the Super-X 3 hitting him with what just happens to be his weakness (ice) to finally bring him down, and even then, it can be argued that it took the combination of BOTH extreme temperatures, from the ice weapons and Burning Godzilla's meltdown radiation, to do the job. If Godzilla fought him without his added power boost, he would've been decimated within seconds, in fact, it's the only reason why his Horn Katana and Oxygen Destroyer Beam didn't kill him on impact, because that incarnation also had insanely fast cell regeneration.

2. MechaGodzilla 2 (I'm putting him close second because he died in 4 RSBs and killed a weaker form of Godzilla before he was revived by Rodan).

3. King/Keizer Ghidorah.

4. Showa MechaGodzilla.

5. SpaceGodzilla.

6. Hedorah.

7. Biollante.

8. Kiryu.

9. Mothra.

10. Gigan.

BTW, for anybody putting King/Keizer Ghidorah above Destoroyah, no, he's not, why? Because Dessy survived 9 red spiral breaths, which is usually a OHK attack, from Godzilla's most powerful form, whereas Ghidorah had his middle head blown clear off by regular Godzilla's normal breath. And Keizer Ghidorah died the one and only time it was used on him. He also fought a tired Godzilla who was weakened from his fight with Monster X and Gigan before that, whereas Destoroyah took Godzilla's most powerful form on when he was at 100% and still owned him, so...yeah.

Austizzy

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-17-2014 5:31 PM

i think king ghidorah is #1 because godzilla never really beat ghidroah without having backup (mothra , rodan...everyone in destroy all monsters) or a malfunction happening (Godzilla vs king ghidorah) or even without infinity energy (Final wars). I just want to see a straight up fight with them both in full control and no added variables.

2. destroyah

3. mecha g (2)

4. mecha g (1)

5. mothra

6. gigan

7. orga

8. biollante

9. spacegodzilla (if moguera was out the picture)

10. monster x. i feel like they didnt give monser x enough justice. his power was matching godzillas for the most part. (not talking about keizer ghidorah)

Just my opinion.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums