Amphicoelias vs The Top Theropods

2,225 Views7 Replies
Forum Topic

Jezza

MemberNoobFeb-21-2014 3:21 AM

Who do you think would win in a fight between Amphicoelias and a gang of a Spinosaurus,a T-rex, a Carcharodontosaurus, an Acrocanthosaurus, and a Giganotosaurus?

You decide!

Youre fat, and I'm not sugarcoating it cause you'd probably eat that too.

7 Replies

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberNoobFeb-21-2014 10:25 AM

spinos? the fish eaters? yea they wouldn't have had expirience with any big or tough prey, and considering how fragile they may have been(knocking one over would break its back because of the sail) the spinos would lose pretty much instantly. fact is, they were specialized for one thing, fishing, and they were the best at it by far, but as far as i know, ther is no solid evidence that they were fighting animals.

charcharadontasaurus, i'm not totally sure, for some reason i haven't looked into them that much. however considering their similarity to giganotosaurus, they may useful to the team. i say this because Giganotosaurus supposedly hunted argentinasaurs(in packs of course) wich although noticably smaller than amphcoleous in volume, was actually pretty close in weight, a very heavily buit, very strong animal. so Goganotosaurus will definetly be the more expirienced member of this team. and if charcaradontosaurus attacks similarly, im sure he will help the team alot too.

Now for the T Rex. i find t rex very interesting in this fight. younger, smaller t rexs were built like hunters, but i doubt they could do much damage to amphcoleous. it would have to be an older, much heavier built individual. those things were ridiculously tough! you see all kinds of specimens that have tons of healed wounds from battle. there is even one specimen that had another t rex tooth put ahole in its head! if i am remembering correctly, the tooth eas actually lodged there! in any case, the wound showed signs that it had healed and survived. there is also evidence in t rex dung, and wounds on the triceratops, that show t rex did go after them, remember, other t rexes were not the only thing a t rex had to worry about, their prey was extrememly dangerous, a triceratops or an ankylosaur could inflict terrible wounds. because of this t rex had to be a good fighter. in fact cat scans reveal that some of the largest parts of its brain were devoted to muscle function and strategic thought. also, lets not forget the bite, if T Rex manages to get a good bite at the throat, its really going to hurt the amphcoleous, far more than if one of the other therapods had the same chance.

now for the amphcolepus, not to much is known about it. from what ive seen and heard, its a diplodicid, and it was rather light for something of its incredible volume. so it may not have been the toughest animal pund for pound. despite the many advantages i listed for the therapods, amphcolious still has the advantage in sheer power and durability, it took the therapods a long time, maybe even several days to kill it! it wouldnt actually be to exciting of a fight.

my conclision is that the victory goes to whoever happens to be having a good day, this a pretty dang tough one to decide one.

king of the monsters

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberNoobFeb-21-2014 10:32 AM

oh, i didn't see the acarocanthosaurs, well he was an obviously powerfull animal, and wasn't that the one that those tracks actually show a battle between one and a sauropod? obviously it wasn't as big as amphcoleous but still, for acarocanthosaurus to go one on one with any sauropod would be pretty impresive. i imagine it would have some of the expirience with sauropods like the giganotosaurus, but also be a skilled fighter like T Rex, but more swift and agile because of its smaller size. its spine is interesting as well, this isnt the sail of a spinosaurus, its an interlocking ridge that would have supportes a lot of muscle and allowed the therapod to lock itself into place and hold on tightly to prey, it would have been a tough animal to shake, of course im not quite sure how well this tactic would hold up against soemthing as big as amphcoleous... imagine a little kid holding on to an adalts leg trying to stop him, the adault usually just keeps walking, of course it does slow them down, and that is how the acarocanthosaurus could contribute greatly to this team.

king of the monsters

Jezza

MemberNoobFeb-21-2014 7:17 PM

Thanks for viewing my battle, and as the first commenter for my fight, you've won...nothing. Sorry.

Interesting views on Acro, he's always been one of my favorite theropods.

And I don't necessarily think Spino ate just fishI think it was a main part of their diet though. Spino probably had the same type of diet that a crocodile does (fish, decent sized animals, etc.), but I do think he ate ouranosaurus and other animals that size. And don't forget that it had compete with carcharodontosaurus. 

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberNoobFeb-21-2014 9:58 PM

looking at the design of spino, its jaws, the fact that as big as its arms were it still couldn't touch its chin, as well as many other features, it tooth shape, it all points to fish and smaller animals. the fact is, spinos jaws just couldn't have handled a large, struggling animal. now i want to make it clear that i'm not trying to bag on spinosaurus, i'm just trying to point out what it was actually good at. spino may not have been a fighter, but it had an amazing design, it was perfectly specialized. i also don't think that it would have competed much charcharadontasaurus. think about it, charchara. was more well designed to tackle medium-large size animals, while spino was well suited for small animals/fish, and likely hung out around beaches and such. they probably would have rarely crossed paths because of this. in this way, they contributed to an incredibly efficient system in their own ways.

also, acaro has alwasy been one of my favorites too, it was one pretty dang awesome dino :D

king of the monsters

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberNoobFeb-21-2014 9:59 PM

oh, i almost forgot,

i definetly agree that ouronosaurs were part of spinos menu

king of the monsters

Jezza

MemberNoobFeb-22-2014 12:57 AM

I think your opinion is your opinion, and respect that.

I have different theories about Spinosaurus's way of life, anatomy, hunting style, size , and many other things I'd like to make a "Discussion" of some day.

And yes...

...he is awesome.

Jezza

MemberNoobMar-12-2014 2:15 AM

Oh, and yes it was acro that attacked that sauropod in texas (I think it was texas...hmmm)

I especially find acros neck an interesting body part, with its strength and locking action.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
All Fandoms
Sci-Fi Movies All Fandoms
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Jurassic Park / World Jurassic Park Fandom
Marvel & DC Marvel & DC Fandom
Star Wars Star Wars Fandom
Recently Active Forums
Venom
Venom Discuss all things Venom here!
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Time Travel Discussions
Time Travel Discussions Discuss the concepts of space and time travel here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Chris
Chris » Atman
48% To Next Rank
Svanya
Svanya » 2K
87% To Next Rank
Kattozilla
Kattozilla » Conversationalist
96% To Next Rank
Dark Nebula
Dark Nebula » Conversationalist
82% To Next Rank
GodzillaHugeFan2014
GodzillaHugeFan2014 » Noob
52% To Next Rank
Latest Activity
Scified Community Stats
Scified hosts a network of online communities containing 404,337 posts by 47,972 members (12 are online now). The Venom Forum is the most recently active forum. The latest Forum topic added was: Venom 3 movie title - Venom: The Last Dance
VIPWhat are VIP?AdminModeratorSpecial TitleMember

Scified is an entertainment website and media network offering scoops and reporting on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and titles of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums