Jewellery in Sci Fi Movies

5,663 Views9 Replies
Forum Topic

CaroleH

MemberNoobDec-18-2013 5:12 PM

Hello everyone, 

I don't really know where to ask my question so I will try here.

For my job I have to research if there is some jewelry in futuristic sci fi movies. So the question is: have some scriptwritters thought about jewelry in the future ? Most of the humans are wearing suits or armor in the future but no jewelry. Sometimes a watch maybe, that represents the technical part of the jewelry. But even for this I don't have any real example. 

Could you please help me and give me some idea ?

Thank you, 

Carole

Carole
9 Replies

Svanya

Admin2KDec-18-2013 5:14 PM

Oh my gosh that IS an interesting question! The best example I can give you off top of my head would be the 'Star Trek' franchise. The women usually have some sort of special makeup and jewelry on. The writers seem to be very careful about showing jewelry as much as the costumes. Here is one example of jewelry being as important to the characters as hair/clothes:  Bajoran earring 

Welcome to the site Carole. :)

CaroleH

MemberNoobDec-18-2013 5:31 PM

Thank you Svanya. Here the jewelry stays only decorative. I can suppose it helped to show the sex of the person and the social position. 

If someone has other examples (of decorative or useful jewelry), I am still interested ;)

Carole

Carole

Svanya

Admin2KDec-18-2013 5:34 PM

I will look for other examples, and post them when I find. I wanted to ask, when you said 'the technical part of the jewelry' what did you mean?  As in life support or a weapon perhaps? Jewelry used as something other than decorative?

**Al**

Community ExecutiveMemberNoobDec-18-2013 7:40 PM

Hi Carole, I'm no sure what are you needing so I will put some Jewellery, I remember I saw In science fiction movies.

Ruby RhodVideo

Ruby Rhrod scepter/mic-carrying The Fith element

The Fifth Element- Diva Plavalaguna

I remember I saw a bvlgari watch/gadget in Elysium.(carried by Jodie Foster)

Turanga Leela the bracelet is an accessory but also has multiple technological applications.

Robert Downey Jr.’s Range Of Watches In New Iron Man Movie; Bvlgari & Hublot

The world will spin well past our last breath, but I will always care about you

**Al**

Community ExecutiveMemberNoobDec-18-2013 8:19 PM

Star wars, in this article you will find the dress with each jewel she use in the movies.

Padmé Amidala's wardrobe

The Hunger Games

Capitol Couture the Future Fashion.

CaroleH

MemberNoobDec-19-2013 6:01 AM

Thank you very much for all your answers. I have enough input to continue now. I have also received answers on a french website: http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-29325586-les-bijoux-dans-les-films-de-science-fiction-futuriste Maybe it can help someone (even if it is in French, pictures are understandable).

Have a nice end of year and Happy Holidays! 

Thanks,

Carole

Carole

CaroleH

MemberNoobDec-19-2013 6:02 AM

Oh and the Capitol Couture website is just amazing.

Carole

Svanya

Admin2KDec-19-2013 10:52 AM

That's great Carole, and some of us do understand French so thank you very much for linking the website, I am glad you found what you were looking for. Happy Holidays to you too! :)

Ah yes, I see now, some of the links in the first article show functional jewlery as I thought in my prior question, like the 'Star Trek' communicator watches. Je vois que l'article donne beaucoup des memes sujets qu'on vous a donne en exemple, surtout les 'Star Trek' et 'Star Wars' (pardonne l'absense d'accents, mon clavier est Americain). Dommage qu'il n'y a pas plus de femmes ici sur le cite pour vous donner plus d'exemples. En tout cas je suis tres contente que vous avez trouve ce que tu cherchais. :)

**Al**

Community ExecutiveMemberNoobDec-20-2013 2:31 PM

You're welcome Carole, I'm glad we did a little help for your work ;) and thanks for the fiction futuriste link, as Svanya said french is understood by some members in this site-

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
All Fandoms
Sci-Fi Movies All Fandoms
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Jurassic Park / World Jurassic Park Fandom
Marvel & DC Marvel & DC Fandom
Star Wars Star Wars Fandom
Recently Active Forums
Venom
Venom Discuss all things Venom here!
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Time Travel Discussions
Time Travel Discussions Discuss the concepts of space and time travel here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Chris
Chris » Atman
48% To Next Rank
Svanya
Svanya » 2K
87% To Next Rank
Kattozilla
Kattozilla » Conversationalist
96% To Next Rank
Dark Nebula
Dark Nebula » Conversationalist
82% To Next Rank
GodzillaHugeFan2014
GodzillaHugeFan2014 » Noob
52% To Next Rank
Latest Activity
Scified Community Stats
Scified hosts a network of online communities containing 404,337 posts by 47,972 members (10 are online now). The Venom Forum is the most recently active forum. The latest Forum topic added was: Venom 3 movie title - Venom: The Last Dance
VIPWhat are VIP?AdminModeratorSpecial TitleMember

Scified is an entertainment website and media network offering scoops and reporting on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and titles of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums