PREDATOR vs. THE TERMINATOR - Who would win?

15,026 Views17 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminAtmanJul-27-2013 2:47 PM
Every now and then, it's good to geek-out over a "versus debate" between your favorite, iconic characters from your favorite movies. So, today I'm kick starting a debate that I'm sure has been talked about before to excess on other forums - [b]PREDATOR[/b] versus [b]THE TERMINATOR[/b] (T-800 model). [center] [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9993bJ8v1qzkrfxo1_500.jpg[/img] [/center] As I said, I'm sure you've debated on this with friends before, but I want to hear your opinion on who you think would win, if it was just one Predator and one Terminator, in a CITY setting. Who would win? [b]My Opinion:[/b] [u]PREDATOR[/u] - Because he's way stealthier than the Terminator T-800. I find the Terminators put themselves in harm's way because they're pretty much indestructible. Even though the Terminator might not give off "Body Heat", I'm sure the PREDATOR would find a means to take him out. Plasma is quite nasty against metal. But what do you think? Let me know who you think would win by posting below!
Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
17 Replies

Gavin

MemberLegendJul-27-2013 2:56 PM
A T-800 would give off some heat to the Predators vision around its mid-rift where its dual hydrogen fuel cells are located, yet elsewhere it would appear cooler because of the hydraulic's - giving the T-800 a somewhat unique heat signature, with or without its tissue sheath, that said... I do have to agree with ya Chris the Predator would be victorious against a T-800. A T-1000 is hard to call but a T-X would floor a Predator.

cuponator3000

MemberContributorJul-27-2013 6:18 PM
yep. Predator for sure.

Not a map, an invitation

Deltadromeus

MemberNoobJul-27-2013 7:18 PM
I'm going with terminator. They are almost invincible. I can't give a good thing though. I have only watched pert of several terminators, and one predator.

Hi

Kaiju Blue

MemberNoobJul-29-2013 11:44 AM
As we've seen in Predator movies, each is equipped w different weaponry. I think the plasma weapon and the Cargo net from AvP would easily eliminate a T-800. It would be interesting to see a Predator clan attempt to destroy SkyNet Headquarters, In which case the predators would most likely fail. 1 Vs 1 in a city is a joke... part of what makes the terminator deadly is the fact humans have never seen the future technologies sent back in time to kill them. To a predator these same technologies are not advanced.

Kaiju Blue

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 2:07 PM
What is correct Time travel > Interstellar Travel or Interstellar Travel> Time Travel

Deltadromeus

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 2:07 PM
What about vs T-1000, who would win?

Hi

Kaiju Blue

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 3:11 PM
From teminator wiki: "Due to its "liquid metal" construction, the T-1000 is capable of extensive regeneration. Ballistic penetration could hydrostatically shock the T-1000, but only for a few seconds. "Temperatures in excess of 1535 degrees Celsius, such as those needed to smelt iron, could physically alter the bonding of the mimetic polyalloy. The molten iron (or any other element) could then mix with the elements of the alloy and physically alter its molecular structure, thus rendering it inoperative. Corrosives, such as concentrated Hydrochloric Acid were also known to damage T-1000's. So the plasma blast of a predator is probably hotter than 1535 degrees Celsius. But the Predator would have to inject another element into the mimetic alloy to really screw up the T1000.... but i'd bet the predator could figure the T1000 out fairly quickly but then again: The T1000 mimics its host on a molecular level..... so nothing is stopping the T1000 to shift into a predator itself....right :) also the predators may have acids or elements which would prove highly corrosive to a T1000...

Deltadromeus

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 4:34 PM
And then the T-1000 could morph into the larger predators on the planet, and have basically the same abilities and weapons.

Hi

Kaiju Blue

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 4:38 PM
Yeah I said that "The T1000 mimics its host on a molecular level..... so nothing is stopping the T1000 to shift into a predator itself....right" thats the most compelling argument

Deltadromeus

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 4:41 PM
What if SkyNet uses the data from the Predator that a T-1000 sends back to earth, and makes a bunch of clone Predators, and even supercharges them. Them they would technically be terminators. A T-4000 if you will.

Hi

Kaiju Blue

MemberNoobJul-30-2013 4:57 PM
This would not occur since the T-1000 needs to have immediate contact with its molecular host in order to replicate it. The Predators will disable skynet before entering Earths orbit or before Skynet is aware of their presence/ or existence straigt up! If by some means a T-1000 replicated a Predator then a T4000 is possible through the process your saying, but what Im saying is that wreplication would never be a possibility, except in a theory where u say a T-1000 is standing in front of a Predator which doesn't fit the character of a Predator, hence its a cloaked hunter.

Bob Weebber

MemberNoobDec-11-2013 5:11 PM

I think T-800 has all the chances to win, i mean normal people has defeated predators before, the T-800 has beaten the T-1000 and the TX why couldn't he win against a predator?

rexskywalker

MemberNoobMar-28-2014 5:23 AM

i say terminator. any terminator can defeat the preadator and its so true.

Godzilla is King!

MemberNoobSep-05-2014 10:38 PM

Well even if the predator has a speed advantage the terminator has heavy weaponry(sometimes like when he had that mini-gun,and that rocket launcher like thing) that if used correctly could make the Terminator have a victory.

Something Real

MemberLegendSep-17-2014 9:18 PM

I'm actually of the opinion that a battle between a single Yau'Cha (Predator) and a single T-800 would be up in the air. According to most Terminator mythology (that I've read), T-800s and other T-Units (with the exception of the T-1000) are fashioned from Hyper Alloy - an extremely powerful and heat-resistant super metal created by SKYNET to combat human resistance soldeirs in possession of plasma wepaonry salvaged from SKYNET forces.

According to most accounts in the future war, a T-800 could sustain between three and four direct hits from a phased plasma rifle (40 watt range) and still remain combat capable. Coupling that with multiple redundant power sources and a complete lack of emotion (something even the Yau'Cha possess), I believe that the battle would be highly unpredictable - but extremely exciting to witness! :)

cool_joe_iam

MemberNoobNov-14-2015 6:38 AM

I'd say terminator. A predator is strong and capable of holding its own but eventually its main disadvantage that its organic as opposed to mechanical will manifest. Predators love close combat and thats exactly where i believe a terminator will completely destroy a predator. A t-800 terminator. He may have to take a few plasma blasts on the way although im sure he won't just offer himself up. Basically the predator has Cloak, Plasma caster, shoulder cannon and size strength mobility. The terminator has no cloak, has very advanced tracking and computer, greater than predator strength, shown by a handshake crushing human bones., impervious to damage, weapons skills. I doubt the predator would do serious damage apart from its guns and eventually it will get close and die an honorable death.

arubk

MemberNoobDec-15-2015 6:17 AM

Arnold defeated a PREDATOR as a HUMAN ad i m damn sure it will beat the crap out of a PREDTOR as a TERMINATOR.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
All Fandoms
Sci-Fi Movies All Fandoms
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Jurassic Park / World Jurassic Park Fandom
Marvel & DC Marvel & DC Fandom
Star Wars Star Wars Fandom
Recently Active Forums
Venom
Venom Discuss all things Venom here!
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Time Travel Discussions
Time Travel Discussions Discuss the concepts of space and time travel here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Chris
Chris » Atman
48% To Next Rank
Svanya
Svanya » 2K
87% To Next Rank
Kattozilla
Kattozilla » Conversationalist
96% To Next Rank
Dark Nebula
Dark Nebula » Conversationalist
82% To Next Rank
GodzillaHugeFan2014
GodzillaHugeFan2014 » Noob
52% To Next Rank
Latest Activity
Scified Community Stats
Scified hosts a network of online communities containing 404,337 posts by 47,972 members (12 are online now). The Venom Forum is the most recently active forum. The latest Forum topic added was: Venom 3 movie title - Venom: The Last Dance
VIPWhat are VIP?AdminModeratorSpecial TitleMember

Scified is an entertainment website and media network offering scoops and reporting on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and titles of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums