how would you classify zombie movies

1,661 Views5 Replies
Forum Topic

pulserifle187

MemberNoobJun-28-2013 1:40 AM
Zombie movies, how would you calssify them? You can get sci-fi zombie movies like resident evil. You can comedy zombie movies like zombieland. I think in general they most are apocalyptic ( is that a gene?) Are they a gene on there own?
"how do you feel?"-" great, next stupid question"
5 Replies

cuponator3000

MemberContributorJun-28-2013 10:29 AM
I think their main genres would be horror or sci-fi, but obviously there is plenty of sub-genres. but yeah, sci-fi or horror as far as i know

Not a map, an invitation

Gavin

MemberLegendJun-30-2013 5:31 PM
The Zombie film really is a genre all of its own in all honesty, and though there are sci fi zombie films out there, the genre itself is more of a horror genre than that of sci fi.

Lone

Member2KJul-02-2013 8:25 AM
Well I think they can be classed as sci-fi. After all a zombie outbreak is usually the result of some science (or nature) gone amok in a future world. Or some 'contagion' from Space? I see them as kind of a sci-fi-horror hybrid. I know it's a TV show, but The Walking Dead is the latest & best incarnation (IMHO) of Zombiedom & has totally raised the bar!

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

pulserifle187

MemberNoobJul-02-2013 11:06 PM
@I totally agree with you. There always seem some secretive science project gone wrong. The walking dead is awesome. I hear that the are nearly finished film the 4th season, can't wait to see it.
"how do you feel?"-" great, next stupid question"

Kaiju Blue

MemberNoobJul-10-2013 12:45 PM
All zombie movies with an outbreak are Sci-fi. The only other alternative really is the "dead walking the earth" which is supernatural and I would consider those horror movies.
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
All Fandoms
Sci-Fi Movies All Fandoms
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Jurassic Park / World Jurassic Park Fandom
Marvel & DC Marvel & DC Fandom
Star Wars Star Wars Fandom
Recently Active Forums
Venom
Venom Discuss all things Venom here!
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs Talk About Dinosaurs
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Time Travel Discussions
Time Travel Discussions Discuss the concepts of space and time travel here
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
Chris
Chris » Atman
48% To Next Rank
Svanya
Svanya » 2K
87% To Next Rank
Kattozilla
Kattozilla » Conversationalist
96% To Next Rank
Dark Nebula
Dark Nebula » Conversationalist
82% To Next Rank
GodzillaHugeFan2014
GodzillaHugeFan2014 » Noob
52% To Next Rank
Latest Activity
Scified Community Stats
Scified hosts a network of online communities containing 404,337 posts by 47,972 members (10 are online now). The Venom Forum is the most recently active forum. The latest Forum topic added was: Venom 3 movie title - Venom: The Last Dance
VIPWhat are VIP?AdminModeratorSpecial TitleMember

Scified is an entertainment website and media network offering scoops and reporting on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and titles of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums